Affliction Heavyweights

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Affliction Heavyweights
IriShame
5/18/08 11:18:56AM
After Afflictions debut event what could it do to the heavyweight rankings? Does Rothwell make the top ten if he beats the rumored AA? Does Tim Sylvia take the #1 spot if he beats Fedor? What about Rizzo and Barnett? Just curious as to everyones take on the importance of these fights.
pv3Hpv3p
5/18/08 12:32:59PM
I wouldn't have a problem moving Pedro into the top 10 if he beats Barnett convincingly...

I already have Barnett up there...

Rothwell's on the cusp IMO, and beating AA would definitley justify at least a lower 10 ranking... Could be bad news for Andre if he loses though...

I would have to move Sylvia up if he were to beat Fedor, but would have trouble putting him over Nog... Sure would shake things up though
Twenty20Dollars
5/18/08 12:34:06PM
Sylvia doesnt move to #1. i mean he lost to couture and big nog.
ncordless
5/18/08 1:43:06PM
If Tim were to beat Fedor, I would move Tim to #2.

If Barnett beats Rizzo, he should get the winner of Fedor/Sylvia

If Rizzo beats Barnett, then he is definitely in the top 10.

If Arlovski beats Rothwell and Barnett loses to Rizzo, then Arlovski should get the shot against Tin/Fedor. Bad thing is, that gives us the possibility of Tim/Arlovski IV...

If Rothwell wins, he would replace AA in my top 10.

If Fedor wins, Barnett wins, and AA wins then my top 10 will not change at all.

Fedor
Nog
Barnett
Sylvia
Arlovski
Werdum
Kharitonov
Aleksander
Overeem
Cro Cop
IriShame
5/18/08 3:00:07PM

Posted by ncordless

If Arlovski beats Rothwell and Barnett loses to Rizzo, then Arlovski should get the shot against Tin/Fedor. Bad thing is, that gives us the possibility of Tim/Arlovski IV...

Fedor
Nog
Barnett
Sylvia
Arlovski
Werdum
Kharitonov
Aleksander
Overeem
Cro Cop

No Randy?
ncordless
5/18/08 3:32:41PM

Posted by IriShame

Posted by ncordless

Fedor
Nog
Barnett
Sylvia
Arlovski
Werdum
Kharitonov
Aleksander
Overeem
Cro Cop

No Randy?

No. Given his age and recent comments, I am considering him retired. If he gets out of his contract and gets scheduled for a fight then I'll rank him accordingly, which is either 2, 3, or 4. As amazing as Randy is, at some point he is going to hit the wall. I will be suprised if he fights again, and if he does it won't be more than once.
Mchubb316
5/18/08 11:29:46PM
I find that having so many top 10 HW's fighting on one card amazing. Almost like it is round 1 of a grand prix. Hopefully Affliction will stick around and we can see the winners of their fights fight each other.
EliasG
6/23/08 5:45:45PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I find that having so many top 10 HW's fighting on one card amazing. Almost like it is round 1 of a grand prix. Hopefully Affliction will stick around and we can see the winners of their fights fight each other.

EXACTLY! That's what I want to see. All these guys fighting each other round robin style over the next year and a half would be amazing. Belts are nice but fights are better.

Imagine if back in the day in boxing someone told you...hey we're going to get Lennox Lewis, Holyfield, Moorer, Foreman, Tyson, Douglas, the Klitschko's and have everyone fight each other over the course of a year. Everyone would tune in. This is like that. I hope they do it.
RandyCouture
6/23/08 6:52:51PM
my theory is take what ever you think sylvia is on the ranking list then move him down 2 just cause hes a lazy big guy who has little to no skills other then to trap people from hitting him or taking him down with his lazy jab. Old school Sylvia was good put after he got caught using roids he became sluggish. Lol just my opinion maybe cause i dislike him so much but i think hes just a joke of a fighter. If my fist was as big as him i would dominate and work on speed he would be dominate if he could swing that biig A** arm faster and harder
Franklinfan47
6/23/08 7:41:24PM
I can definately see alot of repercussions occuring in the hw rankings based on these matches.