Affliction Day Of Reckoning Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Affliction Day Of Reckoning Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
roadking95th
1/24/09 10:45:06PM
just started watching, damn Tito is horrible
Aether
1/24/09 10:45:08PM
damn that KO was ******* brutal lol. He is so out of it.
tberg420
1/24/09 10:45:18PM
Here's my breakdown from 411mania.com's Roundtable

Todd Bergman: I join the legion of fan's who don't want to see Matt Lindland fighting! I'm really hoping for a David Terrell style KO in this fight. Vitor has a tremendous story and I very much want to see him win this fight. I think that 2009 will be the year for comeback fighters. Vitor stops Lindland early in the 1st with a huge beatdown.

Winner: Vitor Belfort, TKO, Round 1
JackHammerXXX
1/24/09 10:47:24PM
F#$% stay down buddy, "I am the Law!?" I'm soo glad this happened, I hated watching Lindland's fights, and am glad Vitor is back!
Lindland still fighting the medics?
Dang for Team Quest, Hendo had to come down to the ring to watch both their guys get tossed befor the fight was over
Aether
1/24/09 10:47:33PM
Yeah I had vitor picked for round 1 ko as well. He looks ruthless at middleweight. I want to see him move to the UFC now heh.
Aether
1/24/09 10:49:02PM
100% accuracy, pretty impressive!
JackHammerXXX
1/24/09 10:49:21PM
Wow! Ya see that Lindland landed 100% of his strikes. He can build on that.
roadking95th
1/24/09 10:50:47PM
excellent stoppage? haha, Vitor stopped first
roadking95th
1/24/09 10:53:11PM
arghhh! announcers
tuvok500
1/24/09 10:54:05PM
LOL tito said you just beat the # 2 fighter in the world at 185 !

Do i was unconscious in a coma for the last 10 years ??
scoozna
1/24/09 10:54:58PM

Posted by tuvok500

LOL tito said you just beat the # 2 fifghter in the world at 185 !

Do i was unconcious in a coma for the last 10 years ??

LOL..Tito has forgotten there's a promotion called the UFC.
Aether
1/24/09 10:55:11PM
OK Josh, please just take it to the ground, we know you have decent strikes, just submit him.
roadking95th
1/24/09 10:55:41PM
I guess Vitor is now #1 at 185 considering he would pick Silva apart. Geesh, some thought Dana was bad. OK, maybe he is still bad
Wolfenstein
1/24/09 10:56:07PM
I picked against Gilbert, but I hope he whoops Barnett. One big flying knee special!
mentalcase
1/24/09 10:56:21PM
"one of the best international hw" minowa subbed him in minute
grappler0000
1/24/09 10:57:14PM

Posted by scoozna

Posted by tuvok500

LOL tito said you just beat the # 2 fifghter in the world at 185 !

Do i was unconcious in a coma for the last 10 years ??

LOL..Tito has forgotten there's a promotion called the UFC.

Not only that, but Tito just said that Vitor could pick Anderson apart. Don't get me wrong...I picked Vitor to win and he's looked impressive lately, but that's a bit of a stretch.

Also, I loved how Tito gave credit to Vitor's win over Randy...failing to mention the situation.
roadking95th
1/24/09 10:57:57PM
he gots, he gots, he gots
roadking95th
1/24/09 10:58:59PM
Come on Barney
Aether
1/24/09 11:00:33PM
man, if they had Bas and stephen quadros instead of these guys I think they would have a really great setup. They've got a small stable but they have a lot of really great fighters, a better announcing combo would really help their image. Tito isn't making them look great IMO.
mentalcase
1/24/09 11:01:25PM
Aether
1/24/09 11:06:32PM
don't know the difference between an americana and a kimura???
roadking95th
1/24/09 11:08:10PM
Aether
1/24/09 11:08:55PM
that's a 10-8 if I've ever seen one.
grappler0000
1/24/09 11:09:12PM
Where the hell is the ref that stopped the Vera/Werdum fight?
mentalcase
1/24/09 11:11:14PM

Posted by Aether

[edit] Figure Four Arm-lock/Americana (Ude-garami)
The figure four arm-lock (also known in the USA as the americana) is a term used in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to specify the lateral keylock known in judo as ude-garami (arm entanglement). This lock is generally applied only from the mount or side control. The opponent's arm is pinned to the ground so that it is bent at the elbow, with the opponent's palm upwards. The wrist is grabbed with the opposite hand, and the arm on the same side is put under the opponents arm, gripping the attacker's wrist. This results in the necessary figure-four hold. While keeping the opponent's hand pinned to the ground, begin sliding their pinned arm down and parallel to your thigh while cranking their elbow upwards. This is referred to as *painting*. The opponent will feel pressure on their elbow and/or shoulder. From some positions, such as kesa-gatame, it is possible to apply this technique with a leg instead of using two arms.

The technique is one of the official 29 grappling techniques of Kodokan Judo. It is one of the nine joint techniques of the Kansetsu-waza list, one of the three grappling lists in Judo's Katame-waza[2] enumerating 29 grappling techniques.[3] All of Judo's competition legal joint techniques are arm locks.

[edit] Kimura (Gyaku ude-garami)

Kimura (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu), chicken wing/double wristlock (wrestling), or reverse keylock are terms used to specify a medial keylock known in judo as gyaku ude-garami (reverse arm entanglement) or simply as ude-garami. The application is similar to the americana, except that it is reversed. It needs some space behind the opponent to be effective, and can be applied from the side control or guard. Contrary to the americana, the opponent's wrist is grabbed with the hand on the same side, and the opposite arm is put on the back side the opponent's arm, and again grabbing the attacker's wrist and forming a figure-four. By controlling the opponent's body and cranking the arm away from the attacker, pressure is put on the shoulder joint, and depending on the angle, also the elbow joint (in some variations the opponent's arm is brought behind their back, resulting in a finishing position resembling that of the hammerlock outlined below). The kimura was named after the judoka Masahiko Kimura, who used it to defeat one of the founders of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Hélio Gracie.

Aether
1/24/09 11:14:51PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by Aether

[edit] Figure Four Arm-lock/Americana (Ude-garami)
The figure four arm-lock (also known in the USA as the americana) is a term used in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to specify the lateral keylock known in judo as ude-garami (arm entanglement). This lock is generally applied only from the mount or side control. The opponent's arm is pinned to the ground so that it is bent at the elbow, with the opponent's palm upwards. The wrist is grabbed with the opposite hand, and the arm on the same side is put under the opponents arm, gripping the attacker's wrist. This results in the necessary figure-four hold. While keeping the opponent's hand pinned to the ground, begin sliding their pinned arm down and parallel to your thigh while cranking their elbow upwards. This is referred to as *painting*. The opponent will feel pressure on their elbow and/or shoulder. From some positions, such as kesa-gatame, it is possible to apply this technique with a leg instead of using two arms.

The technique is one of the official 29 grappling techniques of Kodokan Judo. It is one of the nine joint techniques of the Kansetsu-waza list, one of the three grappling lists in Judo's Katame-waza[2] enumerating 29 grappling techniques.[3] All of Judo's competition legal joint techniques are arm locks.

[edit] Kimura (Gyaku ude-garami)

Kimura (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu), chicken wing/double wristlock (wrestling), or reverse keylock are terms used to specify a medial keylock known in judo as gyaku ude-garami (reverse arm entanglement) or simply as ude-garami. The application is similar to the americana, except that it is reversed. It needs some space behind the opponent to be effective, and can be applied from the side control or guard. Contrary to the americana, the opponent's wrist is grabbed with the hand on the same side, and the opposite arm is put on the back side the opponent's arm, and again grabbing the attacker's wrist and forming a figure-four. By controlling the opponent's body and cranking the arm away from the attacker, pressure is put on the shoulder joint, and depending on the angle, also the elbow joint (in some variations the opponent's arm is brought behind their back, resulting in a finishing position resembling that of the hammerlock outlined below). The kimura was named after the judoka Masahiko Kimura, who used it to defeat one of the founders of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Hélio Gracie.

LOL, I meant the announcers don't know the difference because they were calling a kimura an americana.
decken
1/24/09 11:15:06PM
I think BArnnett blew his load early.
Wolfenstein
1/24/09 11:15:20PM
Gilbert's kicking Josh's ass off his back!
roadking95th
1/24/09 11:15:33PM
did that guy have a voice box
mentalcase
1/24/09 11:16:42PM

ok no probs, i just copyed that from wiki
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8