Is Affliction using the cage or ring?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Is Affliction using the cage or ring?
chickmagnet
6/10/08 9:06:18PM
I am going to this event and I would hope its a ring just because I will be able to see way better. Does anyone have an idea if it is a ring or cage?
grappler0000
6/10/08 9:07:21PM
Afflication also stated that they are going to hold the fight inside the ring, as they want to stay away from the "cage" aspect of it.
wolfman
6/10/08 9:12:44PM
This is like the 1,000,000th time this question has been asked.
Twenty20Dollars
6/10/08 11:06:17PM
sucks ass though, the cage provides so much better fights than a ring.
Pookie
6/10/08 11:07:53PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

sucks ass though, the cage provides so much better fights than a ring.

thats a matter of opinion, honestly i prefer the ring
d_block07
6/10/08 11:50:04PM
i agree i prefer the ring...cage tactics play a big part and take away from the actual fighting sometimes. but thats just my sutupid opinion.

question is does the ring benefit fedor and put timmy at a disadvantage?
Pookie
6/11/08 12:52:43AM

Posted by d_block07

question is does the ring benefit fedor and put timmy at a disadvantage?

Absolutely. Fedor can score a takedown by using timmys weight against him and pressing against the ropes, when he relieves that pressure the ropes will push sylvia off, possibly throwing him off balance. Also rings are alot smaller and you can trap someone in a corner. Sylvia in a cage has pretty much infinite room to back up while throwing his lazy jab to establish his reach. But in a ring he really has to sharpen his game up or his reach will be gone quickly.
IMO The ring is meant for strikers, but is equally as effective at exposing strikers who arent techinically sound, because footwork, mobility, and striking defense come more into play due to the enviornment.

Just like the cage, there are ways the ring will affect you if youre not ready for it.
telnights
6/11/08 1:16:16AM
I don't care for the ring in MMA cause to many resets and number of other problems. It just doesn't work well with MMA because of the ground game. I have seen the outcome of fights change because of the ring. Guys heads going under ropes, Arm getting trapped in and under the rope, fights getting reset, and many other problems. I like fights to be fluid and the ring does not do that for MMA.
MMAcca
6/11/08 1:40:06AM

Posted by telnights

I don't care for the ring in MMA cause to many resets and number of other problems. It just doesn't work well with MMA because of the ground game. I have seen the outcome of fights change because of the ring. Guys heads going under ropes, Arm getting trapped in and under the rope, fights getting reset, and many other problems. I like fights to be fluid and the ring does not do that for MMA.

Props
bls1919
6/13/08 10:40:53PM
I prefer the cage myself. I think it provides a more finite ends to the means. There are enough stoppages and standups let alone sliding under the ropes. Just my opinion. Cage = no place to run(unless your kalib Starnes)