Affliction on Bravo

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Affliction on Bravo
RNC
7/11/08 11:31:31PM
I saw somewhere that the Affliction card was going to show on Bravo for free the day after on 20th, but I can't find it listed anywhere. Does anyone know anything about this?
misses1112
7/11/08 11:38:53PM
Are you serious??? Bravo the gay channel 69?

that would be awesome, i get that for free
RNC
7/11/08 11:50:41PM
Yea. It seemed like a weird channel but thats what I read.

There is nothing posted on their site however, and nothing scheduled on the tv listings.

Thats why it seems odd.
JimiMak
7/12/08 12:01:57AM
Doubt it. Even if so, you won't see it listed yet. Most of their money is relying on ppv buys.
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/12/08 12:05:41AM
I may be wrong but I thought that was just for the UK.
Scott_Revels
7/12/08 12:07:42AM
Yeah.. The UK has a channel called Bravo as well. Bravo They list the UFC on their website, so they might as well show Affliction as well.
RNC
7/12/08 12:08:20AM
Lucky UK.

Damn.
Scott_Revels
7/12/08 12:11:20AM
Yeah, they see most of the stuff for like free. It does suck. Other countries have other regulations though. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no such thing as Pay Per View in the UK. So this may be why the UFC is shown for free.
misses1112
7/12/08 12:12:27AM
DAMMIT UK!!!!!
Branwest
7/12/08 9:12:35AM
If you go to the Affliction website, it says that they're going to show a couple of the undercard fights starting at 8:00 before the the PPV starts. Everyone will get a couple of the fights for free before at 8:00pm on the 19th before the PPV starts. About the rest of the event on the next day, I haven't heard anything but that would be great however, it would defeat their purpose of making money. If I could get the event free on the 20th, I'm not going to buy the PPV on the19th. I don't see that happening. However, they may strike a deal with Bravo and show various fights throughout the next few months.
Aaronno9
7/12/08 9:22:48AM

Posted by Branwest

If you go to the Affliction website, it says that they're going to show a couple of the undercard fights starting at 8:00 before the the PPV starts. Everyone will get a couple of the fights for free before at 8:00pm on the 19th before the PPV starts. About the rest of the event on the next day, I haven't heard anything but that would be great however, it would defeat their purpose of making money. If I could get the event free on the 20th, I'm not going to buy the PPV on the19th. I don't see that happening. However, they may strike a deal with Bravo and show various fights throughout the next few months.

I think its just for the u.k. I just checked my t.v schedule, and its on bravo from 9-12 on the 20th. Mabeys the bravo you guys get is differant to ours or something? I dunno.
MMAcca
7/12/08 10:25:24AM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Yeah, they see most of the stuff for like free. It does suck. Other countries have other regulations though. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no such thing as Pay Per View in the UK. So this may be why the UFC is shown for free.

None of the UFCs events (not even the UK ones) are shown for free on UK television, they are all shown on Setanta (which requires a subscription)
Rush
7/12/08 10:33:28AM
We have Bravo up here, but no Affliction on the schdule.
Mastodon2
7/12/08 4:17:54PM
We used to get UFC on 24 hour delay on Bravo, but Setanta killed that, and Setanta is a rip off. £30 installation fee, then £9 a month for a load of crappy football and the odd decent UFC card.
Ben_Hutch
7/15/08 1:22:07AM
Bravo are 100% showing Affliction on Sunday at 21.00 in the UK.

It was confirmed by someone who works for bravo (bravobod) on bravos website on their UFC forum here
jkdskinhead
7/17/08 11:44:20PM
Sorry to bump this but I was watching the Affliction Banned last press confrence on YouTube, and they were saying the free fights will be on Fox, and Aleksander will be headlining!

We actaully get a badass fight for free.. sucks to you UFC, Affliction will get ratings from its PPV and its free show

Lol and Aleksander is fighting out of Amarillo Texas, hes got the haircut to back it up.