AFFLICTION: Banned....ring or cage?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » AFFLICTION: Banned....ring or cage?
emfleek
5/21/08 9:34:23AM
Either I'm blind/stupid or it's just not anywhere to be found...but does anyone know if Affliction will be using a ring or a cage for 'Banned'?
cmill21
5/21/08 9:36:04AM
lol Juanez asked this not to long ago. It will be in a ring.
emfleek
5/21/08 9:44:18AM

Posted by cmill21

lol Juanez asked this not to long ago.

Damn!

It will be in a ring.

and Damn...
mrsmiley
5/21/08 10:18:40AM
Yeah it will be in a ring.I'm interested to see how Slyvia does in a ring.Has he ever had an MMA fight in one?

The reason why I'm asking,is that I almost think a ring could favor him.
Darnok
5/21/08 10:40:04AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Yeah it will be in a ring.I'm interested to see how Slyvia does in a ring.Has he ever had an MMA fight in one?

The reason why I'm asking,is that I almost think a ring could favor him.

If he trains properly I agree. He would be able to use his reach to try and corner Fedor.

Of course I still don't know if that will help him win.
juanez13
5/21/08 6:04:59PM
this is a huge advantage for Fedor, He knows the ring as well as randy knows the cage. Plus no elbows is another plus for him, and really for everyone because it would be a shame for this fight to end by cut.
cmill21
5/21/08 6:48:28PM

Posted by juanez13

this is a huge advantage for Fedor, He knows the ring as well as randy knows the cage. Plus no elbows is another plus for him, and really for everyone because it would be a shame for this fight to end by cut.

Agreed Fedor will rush him and bounce off the ropes with Tim ending up on top, you tend not to be propelled by the cage.
jomatty
5/21/08 7:35:30PM
it is only an advantage because of the fact that timmy is so comforatable in a cage and fedor in a ring. timmys fighting style actually should work quite well in a ring and fedors should translate quite nicely in a cage...
mrsmiley
5/21/08 8:43:06PM

Posted by jomatty

it is only an advantage because of the fact that timmy is so comforatable in a cage and fedor in a ring. timmys fighting style actually should work quite well in a ring and fedors should translate quite nicely in a cage...

Exactly.

JimiMak
5/21/08 9:21:03PM
It's def the ring. Almost certainly would be in a cage, since it sells so much better in NA, if it weren't for FE. I prefer the ring anyday, but I think it's weird that this'll be in a ring, most Americans don't.
cmill21
5/21/08 9:30:26PM

Posted by JimiMak

It's def the ring. Almost certainly would be in a cage, since it sells so much better in NA, if it weren't for FE. I prefer the ring anyday, but I think it's weird that this'll be in a ring, most Americans don't.

Perhaps there going to try and get this on TV in Japan, they hate they cage, love fedor, and love physical mis matches