affliction now banned from elitexc

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » affliction now banned from elitexc
ufc88
5/4/08 2:59:56PM
From Five Ounces of Pain | Your Destination for Insider MMA News and Opinion

"In other Affliction-related news, Five Ounces of Pain has also learned that EliteXC has joined the UFC as the second major North American mixed martial arts promotion to ban its fighters from wearing Affliction clothing during cage-walk entrances."

why are they banned from there too it doesnt make sense to me?
juanez13
5/4/08 3:21:12PM

Posted by ufc88

Bacause now that they created their own promotion, they are competing against eliteXC too, so of course they'll be banned. Its like Coca Cola Advertising for Pepsi, just wouldnt make sense from a business perspective.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/4/08 3:26:21PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by ufc88

Bacause now that they created their own promotion, they are competing against eliteXC too, so of course they'll be banned. Its like Coca Cola Advertising for Pepsi, just wouldnt make sense from a business perspective.

interesting, sir. i did not know that
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 3:34:58PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by juanez13

Posted by ufc88

well that is where Fedor and Sylvia are supposed to fight so you probably knew about it just didn't know it was Affliction.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/4/08 4:04:08PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by juanez13

Posted by ufc88

well that is where Fedor and Sylvia are supposed to fight so you probably knew about it just didn't know it was Affliction.

cmill21
5/4/08 5:48:11PM
I don't think it matters, everyone know's about affliction now, and all the fighters who are sponsored by them wear it during interviews so I don't think it's a big deal. People will still buy their clothing.
juanez13
5/4/08 7:12:27PM

Posted by cmill21

I don't think it matters, everyone know's about affliction now, and all the fighters who are sponsored by them wear it during interviews so I don't think it's a big deal. People will still buy their clothing.

i think it will hurt them a bit, is like saying because people already know Pepsi or coca cola than they dont need to advertise it. I think loosing advertisement rights + them loosing $$ on their fight cards is gonna hurt them quite a bit.
Aaronno9
5/4/08 7:41:31PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by cmill21

i think it will hurt them a bit, is like saying because people already know Pepsi or coca cola than they dont need to advertise it. I think loosing advertisement rights + them loosing $$ on their fight cards is gonna hurt them quite a bit.

IriShame
5/4/08 9:00:27PM
Yeah, you gotta wonder if it was wise for Affliction to branch into promoting it's own fights. Smaller shows have shown themselves to be a very fickle industry, rarely making money and they had a pretty sweet deal going riding the coat tails of the UFC as almost all their stars marched out to fight with giant skulls and flames and all sorts of other lame Afflicition related logos all over their gear. But then again who am I right?
DCRage
5/5/08 8:23:19AM
Am I missing something here? Maybe I did, but I didn't think Affliction the clothing label was affiliated with Affliction the promotion, just because the promotion used to be the M-1 Global promotion that Monte Cox was running.
fullerene
5/5/08 8:45:53AM
I hope Affliction thought through their plans about running a promotion. They are jeopardizing their relationship with established outlets for their products on the assumption that they can survive in an arena where many others have failed (Bodog, WFA, M-1, etc.). If they put on 1 or 2 shows and then decide they don't want to be promoters anymore I wonder if EliteXC and the UFC will welcome them back as sponsors, or at least as fighter-sponsors.
Cladrix
5/6/08 10:58:06AM

Posted by DCRage

Am I missing something here? Maybe I did, but I didn't think Affliction the clothing label was affiliated with Affliction the promotion, just because the promotion used to be the M-1 Global promotion that Monte Cox was running.

Your Thinking of Adrenaline MMA....... Afliction the clothing brand is making their own fight promotion.
mrsmiley
5/6/08 11:55:42AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wBv-Yd61hko

Thought I would throw this out their.