Affliction: Banned - Or Rise of the Underdogs Official Fight Card Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Affliction: Banned - Or Rise of the Underdogs Official Fight Card Discussion
hotrodttt
5/20/08 7:36:14PM
So there are a lot of questions about this Card and the Fights, people have been asking me to give them Tips about the Fights. So this is the Official Fight Card Discussion.

Affliction: Banned

I think a couple of Underdogs will Win their Fights, Mike Whitehead and Ben Rothwell.

I'll tell you why if you want to know, so just post your opinions about the Fights and I'll give some insight on them.
juanez13
5/20/08 7:41:24PM
who's rothwell fighting?? is it arlovski official or just especulation?
hotrodttt
5/20/08 7:42:45PM
Yeah he's Fighting Arlovski, I think It'll be a Great Fight. 2 Great Strikers Throwing Bombs
juanez13
5/20/08 7:44:24PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Yeah he's Fighting Arlovski, I think It'll be a Great Fight. 2 Great Strikers Throwing Bombs

how come it isnt on the site yet??.....havent heard anything about arlovski signing with them or anything
TWITA
5/20/08 7:44:57PM
Arlovski still hasn't been confirmed for this card . . .
SmileR
5/20/08 8:20:58PM
Dana still has first refusal for Andrei, so until they either except or refuse the contract that the UFC is offering or discussing with them i doubt he'll be fighting.

Arlovski would maul him though! It wouldn't even be close
hotrodttt
5/20/08 8:57:31PM

Posted by SmileR

Dana still has first refusal for Andrei, so until they either except or refuse the contract that the UFC is offering or discussing with them i doubt he'll be fighting.

Arlovski would maul him though! It wouldn't even be close

The Andrei of 2005 would Kill Big Ben, but now I just think he'll get tooken down and controlled by the Bigger Fighter.
chickmagnet
5/20/08 9:00:06PM
SmileR is right! Arlovski is gonna take Rothwell out quickly by KO.

Also I got Aleks by round 1 KO over Buentello

Fedor by 2nd round tko

Barnett by UD

Babalu by 2nd round sub

Lindland by tko

hotrodttt
5/20/08 9:11:25PM

Posted by chickmagnet

SmileR is right! Arlovski is gonna take Rothwell out quickly by KO.

Also I got Aleks by round 1 KO over Buentello

Fedor by 2nd round tko

Barnett by UD

Babalu by 2nd round sub

Lindland by tko

Arlovski's Just not the same anymore, he's too tentative and not the Agressive Fighter he once was, hey mabey that O' Brian Fight Boosted his confidence and he'll start being more Agressive.

I don't think Babalu can beat Mike, Mike's Bigger, Stronger and he can hold anybody down. His Wrestling is Great. I think his Submission Defense will negate Babalu's Ground Game. And I think he'll get a Unanimous Decision Victory. Babalu looked Great against Heath but yet again Mike Whiteheads a lot Better than him.

SmileR
5/20/08 9:14:36PM

Posted by hotrodttt

The Andrei of 2005 would Kill Big Ben, but now I just think he'll get tooken down and controlled by the Bigger Fighter.

As cool as you are man, you're wrong!
Arlovski is far to quick, powerful and has a far superior ground game. Rothwell may have like 20lb on him but I seriously doubt he'll be able to match him for speed and after a few leg kicks he'll be a sitting duck.
Arlovski by vicious, vicious highlight real KO early in the second!

hotrodttt
5/20/08 9:23:00PM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by hotrodttt

As cool as you are man, you're wrong!
Arlovski is far to quick, powerful and has a far superior ground game. Rothwell may have like 20lb on him but I seriously doubt he'll be able to match him for speed and after a few leg kicks he'll be a sitting duck.
Arlovski by vicious, vicious highlight real KO early in the second!

Yeah I may be overthinking this one, I had Arlovski at 1st but Switched to Rothwell. Yeah I'll go back to AA for now.
Copenhagen
5/20/08 9:40:55PM
Please tell me how you think Whitehead will not get submitted.
hotrodttt
5/20/08 9:48:53PM

Posted by Copenhagen

He's a 3 Time All-American Wrestler and Qualified for Abu Dhabi, he rolled with Jeff Monson and Beat him. If he was involved in the Belt System he'd be a Black Belt, he's not because he's strictly a no Gi Grappler
SmileR
5/20/08 10:03:42PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Copenhagen

He's a 3 Time All-American Wrestler and Qualified for Abu Dhabi, he rolled with Jeff Monson and Beat him. If he was involved in the Belt System he'd be a Black Belt, he's not because he's strictly a no Gi Grappler

I'll back him up on this one, Whitehead actually stands a good chance. The dude is HUGH for 205 and has some sick skills on the ground. I'm not saying I'm picking him but people aren't giving him enough credit
Copenhagen
5/20/08 10:19:31PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Copenhagen

Whitehead may have those credentials, but he has yet to show anything. He's been fighting cans for like 2 years now. I'm not saying he has no chance, but Babalu is the clear favorite by a long shot in my opinion.
Mchubb316
5/20/08 10:29:40PM
I can't wait for Sylvia vs Fedor. We get to see Fedor fight a top 10 fighter again, and Sylvia gets his wish. I still think Tim has an above than average chance of knocking Fedor out. If and or when this fight hits the ground, Tim has little time before he is tapping. This has instant classic written on it, and I hope this fight lives up to the hype.