Affliction's 3rd Event Set for Aug. 1st - Fedor/Barnett to headline...

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Affliction's 3rd Event Set for Aug. 1st - Fedor/Barnett to headline...
emfleek
5/21/09 10:55:42AM
Affliction's long-awaited and constantly changing third card is expected to take place Aug. 1, according to MMA FanHouse.

As expected, the main event will feature Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) vs. fellow heavyweight Josh Barnett (24-5), and official announcement could come in the next few days, according to the report.

LINK
DCRage
5/21/09 11:28:47AM
Just beat me to it. Cage Potato also says Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi is possible for the event as well. Same for TIMMAY!! facing perhaps either Paul Buentello or Gilbert Yvel.
Twenty20Dollars
5/21/09 12:45:04PM
This should be a good card. Go Barney.
DCRage
5/21/09 12:45:51PM
Not to mention the other thing this means...FREE UFC on Spike on 8/1!
ncordless
5/21/09 1:32:07PM

Posted by DCRage

Not to mention the other thing this means...FREE UFC on Spike on 8/1!

Hopefully they put on a show instead of playing reruns again. The first Affliction was awesome because after watching the event I could go back and watch the Fight Night on TiVo. It was a great night for MMA.
DCRage
5/21/09 1:39:53PM
Doubtful, UFC 101 is the week after and the next UFN isn't until September. given the schedules, my early guess would be a free replay of a recent event-I'm tempted to say 98 but I've got a feeling it'll be 96.
whardin19
5/21/09 1:56:15PM
Been waiting to here when this event would be. I knew the main event would be Fedor/Barnett, Sylvia/Buentello would be a good fight also.

I watched Affliction 2 at my buddies house and I thought it was a solid show. The commentating was a little annoying, but the fights were good. I hope Affliction lasts. But to do that there going to have to pay there fighters way less. Come on Attencio get your head in the game. If he can't do it hire me
SpiderSilva
5/21/09 2:22:24PM
maybe they will replay ufc 100

at least josh will get his shot at the man who has been ducking him for some time yeah thats right im gonna say it here barnett is gonna beat fedor
babytater03
5/21/09 3:33:09PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

exactly what i thought of when i heard the date announced.
sclasclemski
5/21/09 8:42:54PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

at least josh will get his shot at the man who has been ducking him for some time yeah thats right im gonna say it here barnett is gonna beat fedor

Sir I must that you've got BALLS

I hope that Belfort - Moussasi fight happens that would be incredible...the winner possibly being bumped as high as 2 or 3 in the rankings
941_Florida_Boy
5/22/09 12:36:04AM
Vitor is a monster @ MW now. The move down was the best thing for him. Extreme Couture/ Randy has done amazing things with Vitor. (both inside the cage and out) LOL
lohmann
5/22/09 7:52:38AM

Posted by sclasclemski

I hope that Belfort - Moussasi fight happens that would be incredible...the winner possibly being bumped as high as 2 or 3 in the rankings

Mousasi should already be in the top three. The guy wins (and I'd take him over Belfort as well). Maybe I missed something, but I thought he was done at middleweight?

Posted by DCRage

Just beat me to it. Cage Potato also says Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi is possible for the event as well. Same for TIMMAY!! facing perhaps either Paul Buentello or Gilbert Yvel.

I'd prefer if they put Sylvia in a different fight (ahem, Overeem) or just left him out of the card and booked Buentello and Yvel in a fight. That'd be a good one.
sclasclemski
5/24/09 2:03:50AM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by sclasclemski

Mousasi should already be in the top three. The guy wins (and I'd take him over Belfort as well). Maybe I missed something, but I thought he was done at middleweight?

Posted by DCRage

I'd prefer if they put Sylvia in a different fight (ahem, Overeem) or just left him out of the card and booked Buentello and Yvel in a fight. That'd be a good one.

I heard that Moussasi was done at MW as well especially because he's fighting in the Dream Super Hulk Tourney....but i guess its possible that the fight could happen...I hope it does...i think he wins the tourney...
DCRage
5/27/09 7:15:00AM
Atencio yesterday on Fedor-Barnett on the card: "Yes sir". So if Affliction's going down as has been rumored many times at least they're going down fighting.
MMAcca
5/27/09 11:49:09PM
Don't forget Semtex Vs Hieron is on this card also