Affliction - Speight vs. Cooper

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Affliction - Speight vs. Cooper
Kpro
1/7/09 8:29:48PM
So I'm just beginning my picks for the next Affliction card in the Secondary League, but was curious if anyone had any background on this fight.

It has been scheduled for Affliction 1, 2 & 3 and was pulled off of the first 2 for "unknown reasons" and is now scheduled for the 3rd. Does anyone know why this fight keeps getting delayed ?
SmileR
1/7/09 10:33:56PM
They aren't real people! Affliction are trying to pad the card out an have simply invented these guys.
Franklinfan47
1/8/09 12:16:00AM
Well, this is only Afflictions second show, not third. Adrenaline MMA has put on more shows however, if thats what your referring to. According to Speight, his opponent for his last fight at Banned dropped out a week before, thus a rescheduling against Cooper this time around. Will try to find the link.
Kpro
1/8/09 12:41:35AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Well, this is only Afflictions second show, not third.

You're right. They cancelled the last event scheduled for 11/11, so this is their second event happening but still the third time this fight has been scheduled. Regardless, what happened at Affliction 1 as to why they never fought? Every website says "unknown reasons".
Wolfenstein
1/8/09 3:27:30AM
I don't know the reasoning, but I do remember Brett Cooper from his upset over one of my favorite fighters: Rory Markham. Brett is a warrior. He was caught in a triangle, took some vicious shots on the feet and just kept coming. I think he was only 20 years old at the time. I can't wait to see him in action again.