Afflicition To Use Unified Rules At Banned

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Afflicition To Use Unified Rules At Banned
Wolfenstein
7/9/08 8:49:08PM
Affliction will be using the unified rules of MMA.

Link
telnights
7/9/08 8:55:21PM
Well they are using the old unified rules and not the new set the ABC came up with. Which if they did Fedor would have to put on weight to make HW. So looks like they are just using the same rules the UFC does.
Wolfenstein
7/9/08 8:57:54PM
When I began to post this I initially got the impression that they would be using the new ones. I guess not. How's that for a slap in the face McCarthy?
McBee
7/9/08 9:03:58PM

Posted by telnights

Well they are using the old unified rules and not the new set the ABC came up with. Which if they did Fedor would have to put on weight to make HW. So looks like they are just using the same rules the UFC does.

hopefully, because a fight without elbows on the ground is not worth doing
holt8081
7/9/08 9:04:11PM
I like it But the belt is not so great, have you seen that thang its really bad.
xburbx
7/9/08 10:21:58PM
The title of the event should be Affliction "Leftovers".
Shawn17
7/9/08 10:54:52PM
Sweet now we can watch Fedor smash Big Tim with elbows.
McBee
7/9/08 11:35:04PM

Posted by xburbx

funny but totally un true, you should relook at the card, I think almost everyone of the HWs could beat most of the UFC HWs and I am very loyal to the UFC but the UFC HW division is very weak as of right now.
McBee
7/9/08 11:37:23PM

Posted by Shawn17

Sweet now we can watch Fedor smash Big Tim with elbows.

are you sure!? hopefully, it seems like only the UFC and the EliteXC are have elbows on the ground, Dream, Strikeforce and a lot of the smaller leagues do not allow them including the state of Illinois
MMAcca
7/10/08 1:24:43AM

Posted by telnights

Those are aimed at you Big John
Leland
7/10/08 7:33:45AM

Posted by McBee

Posted by xburbx

funny but totally un true, you should relook at the card, I think almost everyone of the HWs could beat most of the UFC HWs and I am very loyal to the UFC but the UFC HW division is very weak as of right now.

Yeah Affliction is trying to shine in the HW department. Hope they can back up their league with more signed LHW's and such. Right now, they look to be 90% HW.
McBee
7/10/08 10:16:42AM

Posted by Leland

Posted by McBee

Posted by xburbx

Yeah Affliction is trying to shine in the HW department. Hope they can back up their league with more signed LHW's and such. Right now, they look to be 90% HW.

sounds like a good idea on their part, isn't everyone always saying that HW are the biggest draw in combat sports?
Leland
7/10/08 10:43:10AM
Yeah I definitely agree. Watching HW's bang always sounds good to me. I do like watching LW's, but the power of HW's is always compelling
Darnok
7/10/08 1:24:04PM

Posted by xburbx

But I think it would be more fitting to call it: Affliction "UFC Haters Club"