5/17/08 4:19:18PM
anybody know which it will be

sorry if this has been posted already
cmill21
5/17/08 4:26:55PM
It will take place in a Ring.
Twenty20Dollars
5/17/08 5:58:52PM
It really needs to be a cage those because I hate the rings so much. Cages provide for much better fights.
juanez13
5/17/08 6:08:27PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

It really needs to be a cage those because I hate the rings so much. Cages provide for much better fights.

Cage is i think more suited for MMA, but i disagree, IMO ring provides much better fights.

also because its a ring, im hoping there is no elbows, i'd hate to see fedor/ or anybody else loose by a cut. Im sure if elbows were allowed sylvia would traget that.
casey64
5/17/08 8:02:28PM

Posted by juanez13

Cage is i think more suited for MMA, but i disagree, IMO ring provides much better fights.

also because its a ring, im hoping there is no elbows, i'd hate to see fedor/ or anybody else loose by a cut. Im sure if elbows were allowed sylvia would traget that.

I think they both have exciting fights IMO!
bigbubbano23
5/17/08 8:10:08PM
i think they will go wwe style cage over a ring. jk i would rather watch a fight in a cage though. but i also would like to see the ring kept alive in mma
cmill21
5/17/08 8:20:58PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

i think they will go wwe style cage over a ring. jk i would rather watch a fight in a cage though. but i also would like to see the ring kept alive in mma

The ring will never die, the Japanese hate the cage.
mrsmiley
5/17/08 11:33:28PM

Posted by juanez13

hails
5/18/08 12:04:17AM
I love watching MMA in a cage, how you can put them up against the fence, fight for position, underhooks, single legs, double legs, it seems a little harder in a ring.

The only problem with a cage, is that is seems a bit too street fighter. Trying to get friends to watch it, they turn off when they see the cage, thinking it is too brutal.

I hope it is in a ring.

The question is, Fedor was so dominate with soccer kicks and knees to the head, this will be in Tim's favour, that he will be able to turtle up...

We will wait and see.
JimiMak
5/18/08 12:26:48AM
The point of the ring is that it centers the action and you can't use it as a weapon. Which is why it will always be the superior environment for fights. However the cage sells better in America and I'm sure they would use it if it weren't for a certain main eventer who is more used to the ring.
cmill21
5/18/08 2:17:59AM

Posted by hails

I love watching MMA in a cage, how you can put them up against the fence, fight for position, underhooks, single legs, double legs, it seems a little harder in a ring.

The only problem with a cage, is that is seems a bit too street fighter. Trying to get friends to watch it, they turn off when they see the cage, thinking it is too brutal.

I hope it is in a ring.

The question is, Fedor was so dominate with soccer kicks and knees to the head, this will be in Tim's favour, that he will be able to turtle up...

We will wait and see.

Fedor didn't use soccer kicks and knees to the head to win alot of fights, he used arm bars, chokes, and kimura's alot though lol.
Pookie
5/18/08 2:28:44AM
Has fedor ever thrown a soccer kick?
oleg
5/18/08 2:48:48AM

Posted by Pookie

Has fedor ever thrown a soccer kick?

He did a few in the Goodridge fight.