Need Some more Advice.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Need Some more Advice.
KeNn
12/1/07 1:01:55AM
Alright boys/Girls.

I think for myself it's time to take this mma thing a little more serious, so I need some opinions from people who matter, don't you guys feel special. (LOL)

ok, first I'm 5'10-5'11 190lbs, now I'm in fairly good shape, but not toned at all.
and I don't want to fight at that weight class, I would however love to drop to 165-170, would that be a wise move? if so how would be the best way to go about it without hardcore dieting?

I also work full time as a construction apprentice, I am always lifting heavy stuff and by the time I come home it's time for bjj, or mma then followed by muay thai (starting this Monday) I'm awfully exhausted after that, is it really necessary for me to work out after training? If it is whats the best way to get that extra energy?

One more question I ordered some BJJ shorts of the internet now if I'm a 34 waste in blue jeans, would I be a 34 waste in bjj shorts?

bayonetxwork
12/1/07 7:20:25AM

Posted by KeNn

Alright boys/Girls.

I think for myself it's time to take this mma thing a little more serious, so I need some opinions from people who matter, don't you guys feel special. (LOL)

ok, first I'm 5'10-5'11 190lbs, now I'm in fairly good shape, but not toned at all.
and I don't want to fight at that weight class, I would however love to drop to 165-170, would that be a wise move? if so how would be the best way to go about it without hardcore dieting?

I also work full time as a construction apprentice, I am always lifting heavy stuff and by the time I come home it's time for bjj, or mma then followed by muay thai (starting this Monday) I'm awfully exhausted after that, is it really necessary for me to work out after training? If it is whats the best way to get that extra energy?

One more question I ordered some BJJ shorts of the internet now if I'm a 34 waste in blue jeans, would I be a 34 waste in bjj shorts?

not to be a dick, but don't take it too seriously. just get good cardio, your weight doesn't really matter yet, you'll be in no shape to compete in mma for atleast a couple years. however, cardio, some weighttraining, and basic dieting(cutting out the obvious without making a whole plan) should get you down to around 175-180, it'll be hard to drop any lower than that without getting on a hardcore diet and counting your calories, carbs, proteins, etc.
derekcalado
12/1/07 10:55:43AM
hey i was 205 pounds and i dropped to 166.5 just eat whole weat , and not white bread, and dont drink soda, and dont over eat sugary or fatty foods.
if wat ur saying about ur lifting and ur classes is right u should drop like 20 in a month or 2.
KeNn
12/1/07 12:28:16PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by KeNn

Alright boys/Girls.

not to be a dick, but don't take it too seriously. just get good cardio, your weight doesn't really matter yet, you'll be in no shape to compete in mma for atleast a couple years. however, cardio, some weighttraining, and basic dieting(cutting out the obvious without making a whole plan) should get you down to around 175-180, it'll be hard to drop any lower than that without getting on a hardcore diet and counting your calories, carbs, proteins, etc.

Yeah, what I meant about taking it serious is start dropping to the weight I want to be at, find a steady workout that will follow me threw the years.

LOL I don't expect to be thrown in the cage in the first 2 months.
ALTHOUGH, I think within your first year you fight a mma fight around here.
richieb19
12/1/07 12:38:06PM

Posted by derekcalado

hey i was 205 pounds and i dropped to 166.5 just eat whole weat , and not white bread, and dont drink soda, and dont over eat sugary or fatty foods.
if wat ur saying about ur lifting and ur classes is right u should drop like 20 in a month or 2.

20lbs in a month is a little hard on a body. My suggestion would have to be based on your current activity. I mean don't bother trying to make lower weights if you don't even fight yet, feel it out first. But as derekcaldo said, go on a simple diet by eliminating soda and junk food, switch to whole wheat (not only in bread but also in pasta), start taking some multivitamins like centrum, etc...just keep it simple.

But if you really wanna lose weight and lose it fast, it's as simple as calories burned vs calories taken in. A eliptical running machine found at most gyms will let you burn ridiculous amounts of calories, I know Svartrom will agree with this aswell. I ususall put it on the hill plus setting for an hour at around level 18 and I burn around 1000calories, and seeing as the average human intakes around (or is it burns?) 2500 calories a day, it makes a big impact.

Good luck!
paddy260
12/1/07 3:55:33PM
my best advice is just to take it slow you are still young i am guessing so don't be doing any thing crazy
KeNn
12/1/07 6:02:49PM
Yeah I'm young.

and I wouldn't do anything crazy thats why i asked for the best way to drop my weigh without hardcore dieting, and I don't want to lose it in a month or two i want to lose it in the matter of 8-9 months.
so the no soda/whole wheat/Sugar should help out lots.
So thanks for the assistance boys.

but ALSO, I ordered a pair of Sprawl Grappling shorts off the internet, I'm a size 34 blue jeans, so that means I order size 34 shorts? *Crosses Fingers* P.S- I don't like wearing basketball shorts in bjj, and i found a good deal on some sprawl shorts, almost as cheap as going out and buying swimming trunks/board shorts.