Is it just me or has the advertising dramatically increased?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Is it just me or has the advertising dramatically increased?
disorderlyvision
6/23/08 6:11:00PM
Damn! i know you guys need to make some $ to keep the site going but its becoming pretty pervasive. used to be a banner he or there off out of the way, or a highlighted word here and there in a thread. now it is like a big ad taking up a quarter of the page or better, and you open a thread and there will be a big ad in the first post, where the smaller adds not paying the bills or you guys just trying to buy sports cars
Kpro
6/23/08 6:13:09PM
Do you mean the ads that us Premium Members can't see?
wolfman
6/23/08 6:22:13PM

Posted by Kpro

Yeah, sounds like you need to go Premium. Help pay for this great site and quit your moaning.
SpiderSilva
6/23/08 6:36:11PM
I noticed and have really contimplated about getting the Premium it been awhile coming
grappler0000
6/23/08 6:58:21PM
Ads? What ads?
loller90278
6/23/08 7:05:39PM
i will never contribute to "the man"
npayant
6/23/08 9:07:32PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Kpro

Yeah, sounds like you need to go Premium. Help pay for this great site and quit your moaning.

I promise I will go premium when things get cleaned up around here and the requests/concerns of the members start to get recognized and not ignored.

zephead
6/23/08 9:20:14PM

Posted by npayant

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Kpro

I promise I will go premium when things get cleaned up around here and the requests/concerns of the members start to get recognized and not ignored.

What are your requests/concerns that are not being recognized or being ignored? I haven't recieved one PM from somebody telling me their requests/concerns. So I can't possibly ignore them or is it that I am not opening up every thread, to read every post and then responding pronto?
iwannabesedated
6/23/08 9:26:33PM
Yeah...Id reccomend going Premium...Especially if you like post on the boards..I remember when i first signed up...hearing..the stupid girls voice saying"congratulations you have been selected to recieve a free xbox 360" That and the annoying fly buzzing one....Plus if you win an event you get double the bucks...Im almost up for renewel..since i already got the shirt im sure ill just buy the basic one that blocks the ads and such.

Hopefully this year ill win something and get a badge so i can be cool like the rest of you and some cash in my pocket to spend on dirty girls and smut..lol.
disorderlyvision
6/24/08 10:17:20AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by npayant

Posted by wolfman

Posted by Kpro

What are your requests/concerns that are not being recognized or being ignored? I haven't recieved one PM from somebody telling me their requests/concerns. So I can't possibly ignore them or is it that I am not opening up every thread, to read every post and then responding pronto?

perhaps you are spending to much time dancing
disorderlyvision
6/24/08 10:19:19AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Yeah...Id reccomend going Premium...Especially if you like post on the boards..I remember when i first signed up...hearing..the stupid girls voice saying"congratulations you have been selected to recieve a free xbox 360" That and the annoying fly buzzing one....Plus if you win an event you get double the bucks...Im almost up for renewel..since i already got the shirt im sure ill just buy the basic one that blocks the ads and such.

Hopefully this year ill win something and get a badge so i can be cool like the rest of you and some cash in my pocket to spend on dirty girls and smut..lol.

so you have to pay every year? or every season? i have been considering going premium before i even started this thread, but i thought it was a one time fee, now i dont know i will have to think about it some more.
DCRage
6/24/08 10:38:02AM
It's every year. When you go Premium your membership is good for 1 year from when it takes effect.
emfleek
6/24/08 10:49:38AM
I don't mind the ads. I enjoy using this site more than any other on the net so, since I can't go premium right now, I'm all for doing whatever it takes to generate some cash for the site.
zephead
6/24/08 4:08:50PM
The ads are alot more now because of the company car The Playground gave me (gas is through the roof. Oh yea, it's a BMW , the car that is) to go to fights they comp me and the 5 star hotels I stay in for said fights and then the after fight party's I throw. Living like a rock star ain't cheap. Cost a quite a few benjimens to pimp
iwannabesedated
6/24/08 4:12:48PM

Posted by zephead

The ads are alot more now because of the company car The Playground gave me (gas is through the roof. Oh yea, it's a BMW , the car that is) to go to fights they comp me and the 5 star hotels I stay in for said fights and then the after fight party's I throw. Living like a rock star ain't cheap. Cost a quite a few benjimens to pimp

Some Mods have all the luck..
disorderlyvision
6/24/08 5:15:44PM
alright i signed up for a premium membership. somone has to pay for zephead's frickin dance lessons.
zephead
6/24/08 5:44:30PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

alright i signed up for a premium membership. somone has to pay for zephead's frickin dance lessons.

Thank you. That's half a tank right there. As for dance lessons, MC Hammer is jealous of my moves
CornishMMA
6/25/08 6:56:56AM
This site was sold a few months ago and is UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT, im guessing it was to someone who is less a fan of mma and more about making $$$? Hopefully they wont bleed it dry! But maybe im wrong and the site doesnt make any money is just run at cost level? they must have acrued quite alot from premium buys and ad money but im not sure how much it costs to run a site like this??

But yeah go premium if you can afford it so many perks id forgotten i dont have to suffer those ads!
disorderlyvision
6/25/08 7:48:49AM

Posted by zephead

Thank you. That's half a tank right there. As for dance lessons, MC Hammer is jealous of my moves

i knew hammer couldnt touch it, cause zephead is too legit to quit!
disorderlyvision
6/25/08 10:37:23AM
why did my forum ranking dissapear when i went premium i was a title contender too

and how many posts do you need before you get a top poster badge? my newshound badge is lonely and since i cant win a damn event i need something else to strive for
DCRage
6/25/08 10:54:28AM
It's still there, it only disappeared because you put in a custom title. To make the rank re-appear, just delete the CT (leave it blank).

The Top Poster badge isn't given out based on your post count. That's a case of quality over quantity.
Oh, and it helps to have not been banned, warned, etc. I've never been there myself, just had a couple of FYI-type things that were quickly cleared up.
CornishMMA
6/25/08 10:55:28AM

why did my forum ranking dissapear when i went premium i was a title contender too

and how many posts do you need before you get a top poster badge? my newshound badge is lonely and since i cant win a damn event i need something else to strive for

1. Because you typed in a new caption to have, if you leave it blank your rank will reappear

2. Its not the amount of posts, the mods vote for 1 top poster a month based on who they think are best (and havnt broke any rules ever!)

*EDIT* my answers were slightly slower than DCrages but i think were better
DoTheMMAth
6/25/08 11:29:14AM
Sorry for the slow reply. I was busy having a martini on top of my personal skyscraper

But seriously, we're just experimenting with different kinds of ads, ad placement, ad colors, etc. The prize money, server and bandwidth costs have to come from somewhere

Glad to see that ya went premium at any rate
CornishMMA
6/25/08 2:21:25PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Sorry for the slow reply. I was busy having a martini on top of my personal skyscraper

But seriously, we're just experimenting with different kinds of ads, ad placement, ad colors, etc. The prize money, server and bandwidth costs have to come from somewhere

Glad to see that ya went premium at any rate

LOL stop wiping your asses with $100 bills guys, no but Jay didnt you say you sold the site to someone else?

I say bombard the mud namers with ads so we can have our prize money raised (not that i will ever win any!).

LOL this may become another GO PREMIUM thread like the last one, ive converted so many ppl I feel like a deranged muslim with a hook for a hand
Figsak
6/25/08 3:56:04PM
Cornish pays my bill. TY mr. premium member! keep up the good work.
Ben_Hutch
6/25/08 8:12:20PM
How does Cornish have badges if he's been warned in the past? Or is that just with the top poster badge?
jiujitsufreak74
6/25/08 8:17:56PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

How does Cornish have badges if he's been warned in the past? Or is that just with the top poster badge?

that's for the top poster badge
CornishMMA
6/26/08 6:52:58AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Yeah having to deal with you lot stalking my posts and flaming me for not loving bisping or mocking me for working at a supermarket or calling me a queen etc means im not a top poster I like the green eyed monster seeping out there tho