Ads On Front Page

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Ads On Front Page
Gogoplata
4/3/07 11:55:20AM
Is anyone going insane hearing the mosquito ad and the iPod Nano ad on the front page? They make me want to scream.
mmadb
4/3/07 12:31:56PM
Fork over $25 and shut it up then. I can gladly say I have no idea what you're talking about lol.
Gogoplata
4/3/07 2:45:24PM

Posted by mmadb

Fork over $25 and shut it up then. I can gladly say I have no idea what you're talking about lol.

Well aren't you special. I understand they need the ads to keep the site running, but I was just venting more or less.
Ydoc
4/3/07 3:07:25PM
Usually startles me at first but then I just turn off the speakers.
pv3Hpv3p
4/3/07 3:23:54PM

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by mmadb

Well aren't you special. I understand they need the ads to keep the site running, but I was just venting more or less.

I was thinking about posting this same thread... I live in Minnesota and mosquitos are basically our state bird... I hate they f*uckers... Just reminds me what I have to look forward to all summer
deadcore
4/3/07 3:57:38PM
as i said in another thread if you use firefox for your browser all you need to do is get the adblock add-on and no more ads to bother you
Trapt1nw0nder
4/3/07 4:00:42PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by mmadb

I was thinking about posting this same thread... I live in Minnesota and mosquitos are basically our state bird... I hate they f*uckers... Just reminds me what I have to look forward to all summer

Lol...Mosquitos are my states bird too..lol....im from south texas,and its hella humid,and its just gonna get worse come summer..

i have no idea what ad they are talking about though,i always have my sound off and my wirless headphones,but they are connected to my TV
ButterBalls
4/4/07 1:35:30AM
thank God, I love firefox!
Svartorm
4/4/07 6:09:53AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

You really have that many in Minnesota? I figured it would get too cold there for them. I haven't run into any in Montana yet, although there are tons of flies if its a mild winter.
pv3Hpv3p
4/4/07 10:48:18AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

You really have that many in Minnesota? I figured it would get too cold there for them. I haven't run into any in Montana yet, although there are tons of flies if its a mild winter.

Ya, it gets pretty rediculous... We have so many lakes and all it takes is a couple of warm days for them to spawn... If you go up north (Leech Lake, Red Lake, even Mille Lacs) it gets absolutley brutal... That's why Minnesotans don't bitch about 10 below(that often)
cowcatcher
4/4/07 10:54:10AM
im right next door in wisconsin and we have a ton of lakes as well meaning in the summertime there are a ton of the little bloodsuckers, im happy im not in louisiana though, theyre as big as birds down there
ffforgottenx
4/4/07 11:02:32AM
i was born in the upper peninsula of michigan with all the lakes, and then i moved to the humid hell of florida.. i can't get away from mosquitos haha.. we also have lovebugs down here, which don't bite you or anything, but are about 10x as annoying as mosquitos and outnumber them by about 5:1
Mayo
4/4/07 12:23:48PM
Ya those ads piss me off... Ads with sound should be frowned upon just like the BLINK tag in HTML
I just keep hitting my F5 refresh key until the quiet GSP ad loads
hathcock32
4/4/07 2:27:50PM
Mosquitos are much worse in Illinois.(L-i-NOI) NO "s' at the end.
warglory
4/5/07 1:58:00PM
Head to Maine in the summer...it is outrageous!
Mayo
4/19/07 6:33:46PM
I just figured out something awesome...

If you use Windows Vista then when you're at this website do the following....

- click once on the speaker icon near your clock at the bottom right
- click the word "Mixer"
- there will be a volume slider specific to this website - mute it or turn it down