Adrian Peterson

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Adrian Peterson
pv3Hpv3p
10/15/07 4:28:52PM
Whadayguys think about his outing against the Bears?

I'm a transplanted Steelers fan, but since I live in MN and don't have NFL ticket, I watch what's always on so you could call me a Vikings fan by default...

Anyhoo... I was very immpressed by his preformance, as most people probably were... 224 yards, 3 TD's, and the big kick return to set up the game winning kick... Although, admittidly the Bears D was somewhat dinged up...

Just wondering what anyone else thought....

Is he durable enough?
Is he really that good?
etc...
roadking95th
10/15/07 4:47:58PM
He is really that good.

He has all the tools to be an elite back. The big question is his durability. He is big and fast and loves to punish defenders. He also plays when he is dinged up, which I think is his downfall. He has to learn to step out of bounds now and then. He also has to learn to take care of his body, like avoid the big collisions when he is hurt.

But, yea, he really is that good. He should be a consistent 1500yds/10td machine. Lord help us when he learns to catch, that could add another 500/4.
jiujitsufreak74
10/15/07 4:49:10PM
i am a full believer in this kid and am looking pretty smart for drafting him in the first round. everyone always criticized me, but now who's laughing??

anyway, i do believe that he is durable enough, fast enough and is really as good as he is letting on. it seems as if he has made a full recovery from his college injuries and i love watching him tear it up on ESPN. he is, like jaws says, probably the best pure running back in the NFL, and he's only a rookie

and if AP is this good, just imagine what Mcfadden is going to do when he comes to the pros...i don't wanna even think about it, too nasty
pv3Hpv3p
10/15/07 5:20:55PM
Don't want to take anything away from McFadden, but I think AP's a ten-twenty year back... You really only see RB's like him come around every ten or twenty years...

Like stated before... he's big, strong, and when he turns on the jets... Well, I think he surprises people with his speed...

The durability issue wasn't one I was as concerned of, well at least as concerned as the analysts were... Although, he's a hardnosed runner... It was a collarbone after all... If it was a knee'foot/hip I would have been more leary... Just my two cents...

Does he remind you af any running back in particular? We were sitting around watching the game, and I couldn't help thinking that he really reminds me of Bo Jackson... Well maybe not as rediculously fast (unofficially ran a 4.1something 40 at the '85 combine )... But still there's just something similar...
babalu2720
10/15/07 5:39:44PM
Adrian peterson is great, but just after one game lets not hurt oursleves jumping on the bandwagon. I think he is a rare talent of size and speed, like u guys said a once every 10 year abck, but his durabilty concerns me. He has already hurt his shoulder and collarbone multiple times. And it is bound to happen again because of his running style/. He runs through people which makes him really good, but he is not Jerome Bettis's size or even Corey Dillon's. So I think he will be a perrenial Pro Bowler, but I think injuries will hold him donw somewhat
loonytnt
10/15/07 6:35:26PM
AP is that good
DCRage
10/15/07 6:38:25PM
He's gonna be like Reggie Bush last year-he'll make teams who passed on him in favor of other guys regret it for a very long time. Now if his coach would ditch the RBBC and make AP the #1 back instead of splitting with Chester Taylor, all will be well. Now the other AP (the Chicago one), definitely not so.
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/15/07 6:47:32PM
Two Words... Frank Gore
SpiderSilva
10/15/07 10:41:18PM
4 letters R.O.T.Y.

He is one of my FF backs
I almost benched him because of the bears D
glad I didnt because Chris Brown had 2 points not 40
DCRage
10/16/07 6:30:14AM
I've had AP since Week 1 in my Salary Cap league, I took a hit last week points-wise by keeping him when he had the bye. Now I'm glad I did.
thepunisher
10/16/07 7:52:30AM
That kid is fast and can cut on a dime, most people cant out run Urlacer to the sideline he blew him a away a couple of times

I just don't like people calling him as good as Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders just yet give him sometime and we will see. It is only 6 games in, how are the other 6 guys pciked ahead of him doing this year though
cmill21
10/16/07 6:56:17PM
AP will be the best back in the league for a while. With that O-line they have and his skill it's not very fair. My only question is durability, collerbones are known to break easier after they've been broken once, so we'll see, but he was my favorite college back and now he's my 2nd favorite NFL back behind Portis/Gore.
hippysmacker
10/17/07 3:15:37AM
I'm a big time NFl draftnik, and when he came out the 2 best public scouting services I know of ( GM JR. and Nfl Draftscout.com) both compared him to Eric Dickerson. That's high praise. As for the college injuries I think the fact that both were serious injuries , not little naggers , doesn't make me question his heart. However, his upright running style can lead to big hits. I think MINN. is doing the right thing moving him around and not having him rush 30 times a game. Both of them gave him grades comparible to Reggie Bush, who had the highest running back grade I've seen in 15 years of being a Draftnik. The highest grade I've seen in that time was Calvin Johnson( Detroit rookie WR) , but Scouts Inc. has already given Darren Mcfadden a higher grade than Bush or Petersen. I will let ya'll know what the other 2 grade him as when they put out their grades after the season.
MikeBillotto
10/17/07 7:56:30PM
he is going to be one of the best all time unless he gets hurt like in college.. and you might think im crazy but i also think the pats are gonna lose nov 4th to the colts..
The_Ho_Bag
10/20/07 8:44:36PM
Hes probally atm one of the best if not the best RB in the nfl. Leads the league in Rushing. tore apart the bears and is probally going to win Offensive RoY w/o a doubt.
Sam_Rothstein
10/25/07 7:56:37PM
I actually thought adrian peterson was gonna be the next star on this team during pre-season

the thing I like about him is he doesnt shy away from contact and he can make yards when he shouldnt

I doubt he has another game like he did against the bears since he is splitting carries with chester taylor though
GrandMaster313
10/25/07 11:50:44PM
peterson is the best RB to enter the NFL since LT! I told people to pick him up in Fantasy FB this year no one listened and now I have him !!! HAHAHA
pv3Hpv3p
10/26/07 9:24:10AM

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

the thing I like about him is he doesnt shy away from contact and he can make yards when he shouldnt

I doubt he has another game like he did against the bears since he is splitting carries with chester taylor though

The contact thing is what I like about him as well, but it's also what scares me most about him... It's like I hold my breath everytime he hits the ground because of all that 'injury prone' talk before the draft

Won't be splitting carries with Chester this week, I believe he's hampered with a groin pull
JWils
10/26/07 10:24:33AM
I drafted A. Peterson in the late rounds of my draft and am now seeing results for that.

Currently my team is 6-0-1 and my team is strong. My backfield is Peterson & Willie Parker. Receivers are Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, & Laverenous (sp?) Coles. TE is Winslow.

Plus, I even have Andre Johnson but he's been hurt.. When he comes back I will win the title.

My team rules.

Sorry, had to brag a little bit there. It's been a while since I've had a good team.

Of course now, I have jinxed my entire team and they will all probably pull hammy's this week
The_Ho_Bag
10/26/07 10:37:53PM

Posted by JWils

I drafted A. Peterson in the late rounds of my draft and am now seeing results for that.

Currently my team is 6-0-1 and my team is strong. My backfield is Peterson & Willie Parker. Receivers are Reggie Wayne, Wes Welker, & Laverenous (sp?) Coles. TE is Winslow.

Plus, I even have Andre Johnson but he's been hurt.. When he comes back I will win the title.

My team rules.

Sorry, had to brag a little bit there. It's been a while since I've had a good team.

Of course now, I have jinxed my entire team and they will all probably pull hammy's this week

lol mine is better XD hehehehe

QB: manning, gracia RB: LJ ( does nothing for me) and peterson WR: chambers,derrick mason ,randy moss TE: shockey so
pv3Hpv3p
11/6/07 11:26:49AM
Had to pull up this old thread... cause holy shit... Anyone catch the game this weekend? 296 yards... 3 TD's... The kid looks unbelievable... Once again against a better than average defense... Stacking the line, because MN has noooo passing game... Adrian Peterson is a f'n monster
Sam_Rothstein
11/7/07 3:21:20PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Had to pull up this old thread... cause holy shit... Anyone catch the game this weekend? 296 yards... 3 TD's... The kid looks unbelievable... Once again against a better than average defense... Stacking the line, because MN has noooo passing game... Adrian Peterson is a f'n monster

yeah against the chargers defense no less!!!

I know im kind of one sided since im a huge chargers fan but I think they are one of the tougher defenses out there and he rolled over them

Im glad to see hes the full time starter now and doesnt have to split carries with chester taylor anymore
Sam_Rothstein
11/7/07 3:22:46PM
i should of went to the game but I was trying to get some weed first and i didnt have anyone come through till sunday night :(
kopower
9/9/12 6:42:36PM
So glad to see Peterson do well in his return. Not too shabby of a game with 2 td's and almost 90 yds rushing. I'm assuming he's only gonna get better. Crazy to think this was his first time playing with any contact, for 8 months. He didn't look as quick as before, but that was to be expected. He still broke off a few long runs.
Bubbles
9/9/12 7:39:49PM
I drafted and played Gerhart expecting him to get the bulk of the carries (as sources said). Same with Jennings for MJD. Needless to say I'll most likely lose my matchups this week because of this

but yeah good to see him back in action
kopower
9/9/12 8:15:01PM

Posted by Bubbles

I drafted and played Gerhart expecting him to get the bulk of the carries (as sources said). Same with Jennings for MJD. Needless to say I'll most likely lose my matchups this week because of this

but yeah good to see him back in action

Did the same thing. Probably lost both leagues because of it.
airkerma
9/10/12 9:29:14AM
I did the same with Gerhart and thought I subbed him back out...didn't. MJD wasn't all that useful this weekend, nor were a lot of the expected big names: Rodgers, Vick, Newton...