Adrenaline 3: Sylvia-Mercer Fight To Be In Cage

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Adrenaline 3: Sylvia-Mercer Fight To Be In Cage
DCRage
4/10/09 12:28:27PM
Just when you thought the latest boxing-MMA crossover couldn't get any stranger, it does. The planned boxing match between boxer Ray Mercer and MMA fighter Tim Sylvia at Adrenaline MMA 3, moved from New Jersey to Alabama over regulatory concerns, will now be held in an MMA cage instead of a boxing ring. Monte Cox, on the change, says it "just makes sense".

Article
DCRage
4/10/09 12:28:48PM
What say you? It's so ridiculous I'm dying trying not to laugh.
cowcatcher
4/10/09 12:36:57PM
somewhere art davie is wishing hed thought of this.......now if they could somehow surround the cage with electric eels and sharks with lazers on their heads......
lohmann
4/10/09 12:40:03PM
Will it be no holds barred? Sylvia hitting Mercer with a metal chair would be instantly memorable.

This matchup is now past insane.
emfleek
4/10/09 1:34:27PM

Posted by DCRage
Monte Cox, on the change, says it "just makes sense".

Ummm, no, Monte...it DOESN'T make sense. I'd rather watch them Wii Boxing each other.

CiaoBaby
4/10/09 3:30:34PM
The last I read, they were thinking about setting the outside of the cage on fire while the fight was happening. Anyone hear anymore about that???
grappler0000
4/10/09 3:34:39PM

Posted by CiaoBaby

The last I read, they were thinking about setting the outside of the cage on fire while the fight was happening. Anyone hear anymore about that???

I don't think that concept passed fire code...so they had to settle for it surrounded by a moat filled with alligators.
CiaoBaby
4/10/09 3:58:25PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by CiaoBaby

I don't think that concept passed fire code...so they had to settle for it surrounded by a moat filled with alligators.

Oh alright. That makes sense. Thanks dude.
higdon10
4/10/09 4:50:37PM
TimW001
4/10/09 4:59:46PM
Hopefully the media never hears anything about this. I would be so ashamed to eb an MMA fan.
DCRage
4/10/09 5:02:09PM
Unlikely just because Mercer's still a big name in boxing circles and we are talking about TIMMAY!! on the MMA side.