UFC adds Sarah Kaufman, three others to women's bantamweight division

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC adds Sarah Kaufman, three others to women's bantamweight division
FastKnockout
2/25/13 2:24:44PM
UFC president Dana White confirmed the signing of four more women to their bantamweight roster, including former Strikeforce champion Sarah Kaufman.

Link
sparky
2/25/13 3:01:30PM
I knew the UFC would sign Kaufman. She puts on some great fights
Theoutlaw08
2/25/13 3:01:54PM
Glad to see they are actually making a run at having this be a real thing. Funny how the UFC signed these fighters after they knew Rousey won so the division would be in tact.
grappler0000
2/25/13 3:07:07PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Glad to see they are actually making a run at having this be a real thing. Funny how the UFC signed these fighters after they knew Rousey won so the division would be in tact.

I think they were previously signed, but maybe not officially announced until after. If you watched the press conferences and media scrums surrounding UFC 157, there were 10 females under contract and in attendance for the media to interview and whatnot. There were the 6 listed on UFC.com and with the new 4 makes 10.
BillsNewAccount
2/25/13 3:46:35PM
Move over LWs there is a new stacked division.

What's funny is I'm one of those guys that bitched about fighters getting belt shots outside thier weight class yet the only person I want to see Ronda fight is Cyborg. Go figure.
prozacnation1978
2/25/13 4:13:58PM
Good signees

Would like to see Kaufman vs mcmann

Budgellism
2/25/13 4:40:22PM
Julie Kedzie
TheCatFather
2/25/13 5:14:51PM
I think its time for an Ultimate Fighter WOMEN!!!!!!!!!
Lungsofsteel
2/25/13 5:29:41PM
I thought Amanda Nunes and Sarah Kaufman were fighting for Invicta in April? Will Invicta just release them?
grappler0000
2/25/13 6:07:07PM

Posted by Lungsofsteel

I thought Amanda Nunes and Sarah Kaufman were fighting for Invicta in April? Will Invicta just release them?

The UFC has a good relationship with Invicta. You'll probably be seeing several females take fights over there, when they don't have a fight lined up in the Octagon or when they need to get a win under their belt.
frizzzlecake
2/26/13 1:17:17AM
At this rate there's going to be more BW women then FW men.

Solid pick ups! If Sarah keeps improving her grappling skills, she could be a huge threat for anyone in the division.