Additional options for the camp control panel

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Additional options for the camp control panel
bojangalz
1/12/09 11:02:25PM
What are the possibilities of adding additional options to the camp control panel? I completely love this site, and spend every possible minute I can propped up infront of my computer sitting on this very site.

But with four jobs, two kids, and a daily workout I'm finding that I do not have nearly enough time to contribute to this community and my camp. There have been several times when I have been away from the computer and wished I could designate someone to assist in moderating our camp message board, broadcasting camp messages, and managing our roster.

What are the chances that programmers could tweak the camp control panel to allow camp leaders the ability to designate such tasks to other members?
tuvok500
1/12/09 11:30:49PM
i would like to be able to add pools in team forum posts like we can do here.

I would like the addition of a box that the team leader can check like we have in our mailbox who would select an entire forum page posts to be able to remove then instead on doing it 1 by 1, i clean my forum at the beginning of every season an damn it is time consuming !! lol

i would like to have the top camp badges back in our team forum, i know it cause a problem because peoples were giving a badges at their arrival in the team event without having participated but maybe it is possible to avoid this problem with a tweak in programing.

I would like to see a team leader being able to give an MVP badge to the best guy of his team for a season.

I have a lot of idea !!

telnights
1/12/09 11:43:01PM
Your looking for a co-leader. I think it could be done but this is all up to the programmer and we have a new one right now but I will bring this up.

The other things I will bring up as well.
Shawn91111
1/13/09 12:25:25AM
Id like to get into the Mod lounge and see whats going down in there, is there all the ass grabbing thats talked about?
emfleek
1/13/09 9:25:15AM
I agree with some of the things posted.

1.) A co-leader designation option would be awesome.

2.) The ability to erase an entire page of posts would be great even though I 'prune' our board on a regular basis to get rid of inactive topics. However, if the option was added to be able to delete an entire page, I may not prune nearly as much. I only do it now just to save myself some time at the end of the season.

3.) The ability to use polls would be great, too. This would help out quite a bit in fight card discussions.

I had some ideas but can't seem to remember what they were now. Daaang.
wrestler189
1/14/09 10:37:16PM

Posted by bojangalz

What are the possibilities of adding additional options to the camp control panel? I completely love this site, and spend every possible minute I can propped up infront of my computer sitting on this very site.

But with four jobs, two kids, and a daily workout I'm finding that I do not have nearly enough time to contribute to this community and my camp. There have been several times when I have been away from the computer and wished I could designate someone to assist in moderating our camp message board, broadcasting camp messages, and managing our roster.

What are the chances that programmers could tweak the camp control panel to allow camp leaders the ability to designate such tasks to other members?

ribbons should only be rewarded for top placement imo. I don't like the ribbons given to people for posting and all that...a ribbon for a leader chosen MVP I am certainly not in support of.
telnights
1/15/09 11:18:42AM
Just so you guys know I have posted this info in the MOD forums a few days ago. I didn't want you guys think I just ignored your post. This info has passed on and hopefully we may see some changes but I wouldn't expect them over night as these are some big changes that may take some time.
emfleek
1/15/09 11:24:09AM
Another option I'd like to see...

The option to RETRACT an invitation.
hippysmacker
1/15/09 1:31:57PM
You guys might want to bring this up to me in a couple of months and I will run it by the owner then. As of right now he is paying overtime for the new programmer to catch up on all the previous progrmer couldn't do for months because of his health issues. Please be patient with us. Also, this is not in any way a promise that it will be done( sorry need to make that clear, as others have mistakenly taken my promise to run it up the flag pole, as a promise to do their bidding before) , just a promise that I will bring it to the owners attention when the time is right
ADMIN
emfleek
1/15/09 1:34:22PM

Posted by hippysmacker

You guys might want to bring this up to me in a couple of months and I will run it by the owner then. As of right now he is paying overtime for the new programmer to catch up on all the previous progrmer couldn't do for months because of his health issues. Please be patient with us. Also, this is not in any way a promise that it will be done( sorry need to make that clear, as others have mistakenly taken my promise to run it up the flag pole, as a promise to do their bidding before) , just a promise that I will bring it to the owners attention when the time is right
ADMIN

Totally understandable. Thanks, hippy!
bojangalz
1/15/09 9:50:25PM
GREAT thanks hippy! So I can expect those changes by next friday then? Awesome, I'll go tell the other camp members. They'll be stoked.

just kidding of course. I'll try to remember to revisit the issue later this year.

Thanks for the great work around the site by the way. My wife hates you all for stealing me away.
bojangalz
2/26/09 2:35:40PM
ttt

Just trying to keep the dreams alive.
bojangalz
2/26/09 2:42:17PM

Posted by emfleek

Another option I'd like to see...

The option to RETRACT an invitation.

Great idea. It would be nice to have a page which lists all of your pending unanswered invitation and allow you to retract them either one by one, or in mass.