Possible addition to mmaplayground game

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Possible addition to mmaplayground game
Jackelope
8/22/07 4:59:19PM
Just throwing this out there-

Have you guys ever thought about having a more in depth "predictions" for fights? Maybe just a text box 1000 characters long or whatever that can be inserted next to a person's fight picks which will allow someone else to see how they predict the fight transpiring? I think it would be nice to be able to read a little bit more into why someone's picking this person or that. and also for the player's own records so they could watch the fight then go back and read what they had written to see what they were right about and what they were wrong about.

Just a thought, although I know there's plenty of predictions posted in the forums.
Ydoc
8/22/07 10:44:09PM
For bragging rights sake that would be gold. Good idea.
Jackelope
8/23/07 1:09:56AM
Not only for bragging right's sake, but also because it will help people develop their analytical side when it comes to MMA, I think. There doesn't have to be any kind of award or anything for who was right, I think it's just something a little more in depth for those of us who are absolutely obsessed with MMA.
MMAnomale
8/23/07 2:01:51PM
It seems like too much work. I go to marshall university, work, training and along with all my other obligations, it'll be hard to find time to do all that. It'd be great if I didn't have a life, or was done with school and just had to work and train.
Jackelope
8/23/07 5:34:12PM
Is there an icon for puppy dog eyes?

Okay what if I come at you with the suck it up and drive on mentality?
MMAnomale
8/24/07 10:15:12AM
won't help. See, I have a life. Just kidding.
Look, I'm OBSESSED w/MMA. I love the Fantasy league, and getting on these forums and discussing various topics, but I just don't have time for that. I think it's great for those of you who have the time, and maybe I'll have time to do it myself in the future, but right now, I don't.
If they add it, have fun with it. For me, right now, it just seems like more homework.
ncordless
8/25/07 4:55:59PM
I like the idea. Make it a third catagory of game (picks, wagers, in-depth) and that way those that don't feel up to it don't have to compete in that category.

The hardest part to execute will be the judging. The judge(s) would have to be impartial, have enough time on his/her hands to go over all the entries, and an in-depth knowledge of the technical complexities of MMA to critique the predictions against the match to judge the winner.

LightsOut33093
8/25/07 5:58:57PM

Posted by ncordless

I like the idea. Make it a third catagory of game (picks, wagers, in-depth) and that way those that don't feel up to it don't have to compete in that category.

The hardest part to execute will be the judging. The judge(s) would have to be impartial, have enough time on his/her hands to go over all the entries, and an in-depth knowledge of the technical complexities of MMA to critique the predictions against the match to judge the winner.

no way would they judge 100,000 entries
Stickan
8/25/07 6:02:46PM
Maybe I'm not getting it but do you mean that you should be able to read these explanations and see others picks before the fights have happened. Because I think it's great that they removed the ability to look at others predictions.
LightsOut33093
8/25/07 6:16:31PM

Posted by Stickan

Maybe I'm not getting it but do you mean that you should be able to read these explanations and see others picks before the fights have happened. Because I think it's great that they removed the ability to look at others predictions.

when were we able to look at others predictions before the fights happend?