adding KO SUB and FOTN to picks yes, no?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » adding KO SUB and FOTN to picks yes, no?
POLL: would anyone else like to see this option?
yes 50% (13)
no 50% (13)
BeeR
9/30/11 4:35:10PM
what are the chances of adding picking KO, SUB, and FOTN to the game, I think it would be a good option for a few more points, bonus points, or separate points tallied on the side, if it wasnt too much trouble to add it in that is.
Twenty20Dollars
9/30/11 4:42:13PM
Would be interesting, I mean I pick them on the forums.
Budgellism
9/30/11 5:33:30PM
It would make a nice addition to the site. Maybe make them each worth 5 points.
bojangalz
9/30/11 5:43:02PM
I vote no. Those "bonuses" are paid out just as much to award company loyalty as they are on actual performance. I think it's a bit ridiculous to attempt to quantify such an arbitrary award into something meaningful to the Playground's structure.

Poor_Franklin
9/30/11 6:26:06PM
at first i thought it was a great idea, but didnt the ufc allow fan votes for a Canada card & gsp won overwhelmingly when he shouldnt have?

kopower
9/30/11 7:40:39PM

Posted by bojangalz

I vote no. Those "bonuses" are paid out just as much to award company loyalty as they are on actual performance. I think it's a bit ridiculous to attempt to quantify such an arbitrary award into something meaningful to the Playground's structure.

This
DoTheMMAth
9/30/11 7:43:28PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by bojangalz

This

Well, would you guys, having a knowledge of the history and reasons that the UFC gives these bonuses, automatically have an advantage in that? ;-) What's wrong with that?
Poor_Franklin
9/30/11 8:06:18PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by kopower

Posted by bojangalz

This

Well, would you guys, having a knowledge of the history and reasons that the UFC gives these bonuses, automatically have an advantage in that? ;-) What's wrong with that?

good point.
pmoney
10/1/11 3:01:11PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by bojangalz

This

I agree with these gents, for the most part. I do however, think it could be fun if it did not involve season performance.

If it were done, I'd like to see it like this: Have a portion of a user's profile for Event Bonus Predictions, and just have a percentage for how often they are right. I feel there isn't a need to have wins or losses displayed for that statistic.

Maybe if it were implemented though, it could be used in extreme tie-breaker situations. I doubt it would ever come to that though, as the system for tie-breakers is great as is....
Kpro
10/2/11 12:43:35AM
Maybe we could just try to pick the total combined days of medical suspensions instead since the doctors decisions are less arbitrary than Dana White's OTN decisions?
KungFuMaster
10/2/11 12:49:10AM

Posted by bojangalz

I agree. These fight bonuses are determined strictly by the ufc and will likely not reflect the mma community as a whole. Some have won it when they did not deserve it and some have been denied of it when it should have been their's.
emfleek
10/3/11 10:38:58AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Some have won it when they did not deserve it and some have been denied of it when it should have been their's.

Are you talking about OTN bonuses or fights?

I think it would an okay addition but they should only be +1 bonuses, imo. Or maybe you don't get the bonus unless you pick all of them correctly.
Pookie
10/3/11 10:44:46AM
Your avatar makes me want to have sex with you Emfleek. So much so that i got shy, and forgot what i was going to say.
emfleek
10/3/11 11:08:37AM

Posted by Pookie

Your avatar makes me want to have sex with you Emfleek. So much so that i got shy, and forgot what i was going to say.

You said the same thing when I had Nam Phan as my avatar.
KungFuMaster
10/3/11 11:23:51AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by KungFuMaster

Some have won it when they did not deserve it and some have been denied of it when it should have been their's.

Are you talking about OTN bonuses or fights?

The Bonuses. There is really no set criteria for winning the bonuses. Hendo could KO someone in a similar fashion as Anderson Silva but Dana and the ufc may award Silva the KOTN award because Silva is more likable and or have a better relationship with the ufc. Let's just stick to picks - and even then the judges screw it up for us every now and then.