Adding more fights to parlay bet

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Adding more fights to parlay bet
StevenSeagal
2/14/08 4:23:22PM
To Mods:

Anyway that you can make some additional feature where u can parlay every fight for the event? Id like to see those who call every fight correctly. Four is decent, but being able to have all would be better. IMO
LightsOut33093
2/14/08 5:50:20PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

To Mods:

Anyway that you can make some additional feature where u can parlay every fight for the event? Id like to see those who call every fight correctly. Four is decent, but being able to have all would be better. IMO

that would be cool...i wouldn't use the feature, but i know many people would, so it would make me have a much better chance of winning
Svartorm
2/15/08 2:05:43AM
HAHAHA! Good call. If you can get four, you're doing something, nevermind ten.
StevenSeagal
2/15/08 8:51:06AM
Would be added fun. Most can pick 4 lock matches per event... At least I hope they can. Its 5-8ish that would show the real deal parlay pickers lol...
madmarck
2/16/08 1:46:51AM
The reason the parlay wagers are limited to 4 is because the amount of potential earnings skyrockets thereafter. In my programming/web experience, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong at some point, guaranteed. Having 1 person land a 7 man parlay at the beginning of the season to have a 7 figure bankroll would be quite discouraging to folks and/or suck the hope and fun out of the game.
tap_or_snap
2/17/08 3:56:23PM

Posted by madmarck

The reason the parlay wagers are limited to 4 is because the amount of potential earnings skyrockets thereafter. In my programming/web experience, anything that can go wrong, will go wrong at some point, guaranteed. Having 1 person land a 7 man parlay at the beginning of the season to have a 7 figure bankroll would be quite discouraging to folks and/or suck the hope and fun out of the game.

You speak like the current parlay system doesnt do that already...
madmarck
2/17/08 4:30:00PM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by madmarck

Well If someone did win 7 fights. They could make in the millions easily. Which would ruin the game has they would effectively win the season on one event a ruin it for everyone else.
tap_or_snap
2/17/08 5:03:36PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by madmarck

Well If someone did win 7 fights. They could make in the millions easily. Which would ruin the game has they would effectively win the season on one event a ruin it for everyone else.

yes i agree with you, what im saying is i think being able to parlay 4 fights together ruins it already.

I personally preferred it when the parlay system wasnt around
Pookie
2/17/08 5:07:35PM

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by madmarck

Posted by tap_or_snap

Posted by madmarck

yes i agree with you, what im saying is i think being able to parlay 4 fights together ruins it already.

I personally preferred it when the parlay system wasnt around

well the upside to the parlay system is that those who make those outrageous parlays that end up paying off arent usually the best pickers to begin with and in the end will probably blow all their money on another outrageous parlay.

Especially at the end of the season where everybody goes for broke trying to get that #1 spot.
Boo_Radley21
2/17/08 9:12:12PM
I still don't really get the whole parlay thing
Svartorm
2/18/08 1:46:08AM

Posted by Pookie
well the upside to the parlay system is that those who make those outrageous parlays that end up paying off arent usually the best pickers to begin with and in the end will probably blow all their money on another outrageous parlay.

Especially at the end of the season where everybody goes for broke trying to get that #1 spot.

I disagree. The guys that make the parley work are very good at risk-assesment, as you can tell by the picks they make, and I think parley makes it much harder to win the wagers portion of the game. Any chump can throw all their cash on a huge underdog and hope for a Kongo vs. Cro-cop, but not everyone can link together underdogs and sure things, and come out on top every time. We'll see how it plays out over the course of the season, but I'm willing to bet whoever lands in the top ten wouldn't have done it with sheer luck.
CornishMMA
2/20/08 7:30:49AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

I still don't really get the whole parlay thing

dude .......... whats not to get? You combine 2-4 fights and if they ALL win you win but if ANY lose then you lose

You can win a 7 figure sum if you parlay the 4 biggest underdogs at UFC 82
Svartorm
2/21/08 12:01:37AM
Right, and all you have to do is hope Fitch, Koscheck, Sanchez and Arlovski all get his by lightning during their matches.

The parley is a harsh mistress.