Addicted To MMA?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Addicted To MMA?
Basshandsome
6/26/07 12:31:36AM
I was at a wedding this weekend and i decided to skip out of the reception for 3 hours to watch the TUF Finale. Does anyone else find themselves planning there social life around MMA events?
cincyassasin
6/26/07 12:34:57AM
I do.......but usually cause I'm in the event. Other than that I built my schedule around it years ago.
MisFiT
6/26/07 12:35:30AM
Haha sometimes, I would have just waited to download it or something later though... I mean c'mon, that's a RECEPTION, you got people drinkin, partyin it up, you got chicks hurtin for a squirtin and so forth.
Lord_Lenny
6/26/07 12:40:38AM
lately, hell yes. especially the TUF finale. I watched the marathon and the show from 7:00am-10:00pm
Piccosaur
6/26/07 12:48:31AM
I was debating which one of my dogs was a better grappler.

I'd say I'm addicted.
DJDark41
6/26/07 12:50:56AM
I'm addicted to it, but I don't plan my whole life around it. If I'm not gonna be around for something I just tape it, but I'm not gonna skip out on something fun, or leave something just to watch something on TV.
grappler0000
6/26/07 6:44:47AM
What does it mean if it was your own wedding?
cincyassasin
6/26/07 7:58:37AM

Posted by Piccosaur

I'd say I'm addicted.

My dog has a sick gaurd, although she struggles to finish from there due to her lack of dexterity in all four legs, but watch out she gotta mean elevator sweep and if she gets mount it's over.
babalu2720
6/26/07 10:49:32AM
My dog is like overeem of penn she gasses vey quickly and does not train very hard. Her rigorous schedule includes eating, sleeping, and the occasional walk.
Signal2112
6/26/07 11:29:36AM
I'll watch the events when I can (luckily they're shown on tv for free), and if I can't watch them when they're live I'll record them on Sky+ and watch them the next day.
Ultimate_fighter
6/26/07 12:21:29PM

Posted by Basshandsome

I was at a wedding this weekend and i decided to skip out of the reception for 3 hours to watch the TUF Finale. Does anyone else find themselves planning there social life around MMA events?

missed my cousins wedding for a fight night....
Ultimate_fighter
6/26/07 12:23:05PM

Posted by grappler0000

ur addicted
Mastodon2
6/26/07 12:30:13PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Posted by grappler0000

ur addicted

If I cant watch the event as it happens, I record it on Sky+ and then avoid the internet so I don't learn the results before Ive seen te event. I do make a strong effort not to miss any events, unless its a terrible card (UFC 72 anyone...?)

I have got the MMA bug tbh, and just the combat bug in general, I'm always thinking about MMA and K-1, I suppose the fact I'm on this website so much probably hints at the state of my addiction
GrandMaster313
6/26/07 1:02:34PM
i do sometimes. depends on who is fighting
pv3Hpv3p
6/26/07 4:24:31PM
Yes... I do... I get excited like a little kid... Hop from one foot to the other etc...

I've missed weddings, birthday parties, a family reunion, and work... I was giddy all friday, my friend and I had been talking for weeks about the ElitXC / Strikeforce card... And the card was truely immpressive, what a great night of fights
DMcCabe11
6/26/07 6:34:28PM
i've got it pretty bad i left my own graduation dinner to see the TUF 5 finale, and i also now have my girlfriends planning her social life around whether we have to watch an MMA even together
Ydoc
6/27/07 12:45:05AM

Posted by DMcCabe11

i've got it pretty bad i left my own graduation dinner to see the TUF 5 finale, and i also now have my girlfriends planning her social life around whether we have to watch an MMA even together

If she is going along with that hold onto her!

Sometimes the only thing on my calendar for a month is an UFC event. Not a lot of things can keep me hope for Saturdays, but a good event will.
Aether
6/27/07 1:15:06AM
yeah I skipped a camping trip for the TUF finale... usually I just convince everyone around me that ordering the PPV or going to see it at the bar is the best idea, thus integrating the events into my social life instead of building it around them. heh.
Basshandsome
6/27/07 6:23:38PM
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I feel like i am not the only one doing these things now lol. I try and build the MMA events into my social life as well like if all my friends are going out to the bar I just make sure it has UFC there and shit like that. Ive had to miss UFC events for certains things too but i try to watch as much as possible!
BigTomZ
6/27/07 6:56:18PM
i skipped out on a night of drinking with the guys from work to catch the last TUF finale.
e-thug
6/28/07 3:09:35PM
I am absolutely addicted.

I have missed one Pride/UFC show in 3 years. (UFC 72)

and I was super pissed about that cuz I was camping and we went to the local bar to catch it at 7pm for them to tell us that they aired it at noon

HubCityPunisher99
6/28/07 3:09:39PM

Posted by Piccosaur

I'd say I'm addicted.

HAHAHA GOOD SHIT