Who would like to have added organizations to the game?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Who would like to have added organizations to the game?
POLL: Who would like to have added organizations to the game?
No, it's fine the way it is. I like waiting. 39% (15)
Yes, please add at least two more organizations. 45% (17)
Yes, please add as much as possible. I hate waiting! 16% (6)
tunefish
2/8/07 6:12:45PM
I know more people than me is tired of waiting a month between anything ever happening in here, so I thought I'd set up this poll to convince the people with power in here that we should add some organizations to make sure people don't get bored to death while waiting for pride and ufc.
I would say, at least add KOTC and Cage Rage, and possibly even K-1 permanently. Then we could also add a other fights in between that looks interesting, for example in the gracie-shamrock event that's coming up.

So who's with me, and who's against me?

(And yeah, I did read the FAQ.)
nellyhiphophead
2/8/07 6:26:31PM
i think it is fine. you get into smaller shows ppl might not know of the fighers in them and it won't make it fun for them.
tunefish
2/8/07 6:28:39PM
I completely respect the argument, but I thought most people in here followed most of the other org's as well, but that's why the poll is here, to find out.
D-Boy
2/8/07 6:31:36PM

Posted by tunefish

I know more people than me is tired of waiting a month between anything ever happening in here, so I thought I'd set up this poll to convince the people with power in here that we should add some organizations to make sure people don't get bored to death while waiting for pride and ufc.
I would say, at least add KOTC and Cage Rage, and possibly even K-1 permanently. Then we could also add a other fights in between that looks interesting, for example in the gracie-shamrock event that's coming up.

So who's with me, and who's against me?

(And yeah, I did read the FAQ.)

Only if it's Cage Rage!
bayonetxwork
2/8/07 6:39:24PM
I like how its set up now, and I understand that if we get into smaller shows a lot of people may not know more than the fights.

So instead of doing it like that, I think it would be a pretty cool idea to just add "bonus" fights, or fights from the smaller shows that have some kind of importance (title bouts, etc.)
LoSt
2/8/07 6:56:47PM
Im a big fan of mma but I have to say I know next to nothing about the smaller orgs, and Im sure Im not the only one. I say keep it how it is. However I like your idea about the well known fights. Maybe the IFLs superfights could be added as one fight events? Im sure most followers of the sport have heard of people like renzo gracie, frank shamrock, carlos newton, ect...
tepid55
2/8/07 7:05:47PM
The wait doesn't bother me.
Bigsexydaddy
2/8/07 7:09:31PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

I like how its set up now, and I understand that if we get into smaller shows a lot of people may not know more than the fights.

So instead of doing it like that, I think it would be a pretty cool idea to just add "bonus" fights, or fights from the smaller shows that have some kind of importance (title bouts, etc.)

I agree that with a "bonus" fight (ie: main event of smaller shows) it would help up keep busy during waits, but the full card wouldn't be fair to everyone here.

Think about it, on a lot of KOTC cards, the undercard is a bunch of guys with 1-1 records going against each other.
nellyhiphophead
2/8/07 7:12:58PM

Posted by bayonetxwork

the bonus sounds cool to me too. i would like the bonus fights coming from ifl and elite xc.
tunefish
2/8/07 7:22:29PM
Yeah, it seems like I overestimated the common user in here, so I admit now that it's too soon to use full cards on smaller events.
But at least it's good to see that people are interested in single-fights from the smaller events, like superfights etc.

Hope some admins are reading this and are taking it into serious consideration.
punkrockike
2/8/07 7:48:02PM

Posted by tunefish

Yeah, it seems like I overestimated the common user in here, so I admit now that it's too soon to use full cards on smaller events.
But at least it's good to see that people are interested in single-fights from the smaller events, like superfights etc.

Hope some admins are reading this and are taking it into serious consideration.

somtimes it may be the equivalent of betting on high school football. i dont think this site would work with smaller events that arnt mainstream. but i hear ya i hate waiting too. but honestly i voted for keep the it the way it is simply becuase too many small events that the the majority doesnt know about just wouldnt work. some peopel are even having a rough time with having pride in the events. belive it or not.

not to mention its not as fun if you cant watch it televised.
nellyhiphophead
2/8/07 7:57:17PM

Posted by punkrockike

somtimes it may be the equivalent of betting on high school football. i dont think this site would work with smaller events that arnt mainstream. but i hear ya i hate waiting too. but honestly i voted for keep the it the way it is simply becuase too many small events that the the majority doesnt know about just wouldnt work. some peopel are even having a rough time with having pride in the events. belive it or not.

not to mention its not as fun if you cant watch it televised.

thats why i said if they did do it i would like to see it be ifl and elitexc
Brain_Smasher
2/8/07 8:41:33PM
If someone doesnt know the fighters in other events they dont have to play that event. Either way they are waiting for the same amount of time for the next event wether others are playing or not.

It would help many new fans here learn fighter who will one day be in the UFC or Pride(if Pride lasts that long)

The more events the better IMO. Isnt this game set up so the most knowledgable MMA fan rises to the top? So why set it up so casual fans are equal to the more experiencef fans? The more events the less luck plays a factor.
punkrockike
2/8/07 8:58:54PM

Posted by Brain_Smasher

If someone doesnt know the fighters in other events they dont have to play that event. Either way they are waiting for the same amount of time for the next event wether others are playing or not.

It would help many new fans here learn fighter who will one day be in the UFC or Pride(if Pride lasts that long)

The more events the better IMO. Isnt this game set up so the most knowledgable MMA fan rises to the top? So why set it up so casual fans are equal to the more experiencef fans? The more events the less luck plays a factor.

nah i dont belive so. i think the point is for everyoen to have fun competing. yes it would be nice to have ifl and lots of others but the whole competition may begin to lose its well competitiveness if half the people hear dont know half the events that are going on. like i said i know alot of the smaller events but i dont see everyone having fun if we arnt on equal terms. besides where does it stop? i think maybe just adding the IFL in would be cool but where do you draw the line. what if they put on XFO do some of you know any fighers there. i dunno seems like too much to me. but its just my 2 cents
twowords05
2/8/07 10:54:41PM
That's a great idea, especially for fights like Hominick v. Hioki this weekend.

BoDog, K-1, IFL, EliteXC, etc. are all putting up good main events that would be well worth including into the game.
Ydoc
2/9/07 2:46:53PM
I see a lot of people saying that having more than the two main orgs would mean they wouldn't know a lot about the new lesser orgs, but I think it'd just jump start everyone learning more about those shows and help create interest in them. Just seems win-win to me that this place has a least one show to bet on in a 15 day period and maybe exposes people to more than the big 2 companies in this sport.

But if man power (not willing to deal out the points to more fights from different companies) is the problem I respect MMAPlaygrounds decision to keep it the way it is, otherwise I think they are missing an opportunity to feature more than two products.
tunefish
2/9/07 3:40:42PM
You got a good point there. If people are unaware of these fighters and org's, what better way to get to know them then in here.

When it comes to the extra work for the admins: Is it really that much extra work? Just asking!
Lines
2/10/07 2:41:48PM
I would like to see more events.
Would have been fun to pick the Gracie - Shamrock matches.
nate22
2/11/07 8:33:38AM
It would be alot better to have all the organisations added to the betting rather than to the pic ems game. Then people can bet on them if they like but nobody is forced to do pic ems on events that they have no idea about.

If people were willing to pay for the service i'm there could be a prize or something set up for each individual organisation and people would only have to enter the ones that they were knowledgable about. The could then be a combined overall prize for the guy with the best average overall at the end of the season.
Brain_Smasher
2/11/07 8:55:21PM
Thats a good idea.
teamquestnorth
2/12/07 6:09:11PM
ifl superfights and main events from smaller shows like icon sport wec kotc and elitexc. all these shows usually have two well known fighters as the main event. shoot maybe have wagering on which ifl team is gonna win that particular show. i just hate waiting a month between action