Add WEC August 5th event to the game?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Add WEC August 5th event to the game?
Next Page »
POLL: Would you like to see MMAPlayground add the August 5th WEC event to the game?
Yes 60% (30)
No 20% (10)
Yes, but fantasy wagering only. 6% (3)
Yes, but fantasy picks only. 14% (7)
CWall33
7/10/07 3:26:45PM
It's a long time to the next UFC event. Would you like to take a shot at picking fights/wagering on a WEC event?

Discuss.
Destroyer88
7/10/07 3:44:33PM
Well I would love to do picks and wagers for WEC, but I dont think we should add any more orginizations other then UFC or Pride until next season. I also have to point out that I'm sure not 10% of the people on here will be able to get half of the fight predictions correctly. If people have a hard time going 16-0 through the last two events, then people just wont do any good with a orginization they dont know.
nellyhiphophead
7/10/07 4:39:53PM
not that many ppl know of fighters in the we wait till they build up fighters.
Ultimate_fighter
7/10/07 10:43:04PM
Yes, for sure this should be on this site for pics and wagers. Im guessing when pride comes back, if they come back, they will have it on again, so why dont we put WEC on, its owned by Zuffa as well. It doesn't really matter if we dont know the fighters, just watch one video on the guy, and look at his record, how he won, how he lost, SHERDOG. Thats all i need and im good, im guessing same with others.
PeteD
7/10/07 10:44:31PM
I think if any more org were to be added, WEC and IFL should be added. It's true that these orginazations aren't as well known. In making them part of the game, more Playground users would be more likely to watch other events and it would help to further promote the sport that is MMA.
PureAgony
7/11/07 12:10:47AM
yea sure why not...even though things change/
ProfessorChaos
7/11/07 12:33:15AM
Why?

It's like betting on minor league baseball. Until more talent is brought into the leagues, I don't think it's worth it.
Biggee
7/11/07 1:08:56PM
I dont see why they wouldnt. If people do their picks and their wagers and they didnt know the people, that is their own fault by doing it. Also, that will differentiate the people who are dumb and are just picking to pick and also the people who know what they are talking about. If you dont know who they are, DONT PICK THEM, then the people that want to pick the fights from WEC, IFL, will be able to pick them and the people that dont want to because they dont know, dont have to. It's a win, win, situation.
nellyhiphophead
7/11/07 1:56:56PM
yeah but if you don't pick them you got no chance winning the season or the event. just casue sosmeoen don't know some wec fighters don't mean your dumb. i bet they got fighters you never seen fight befor and got no clue who they are i know i don;t know some of the fighters. even the ufc sometimes has ppl i got no clue who they are.
rcg916
7/11/07 2:07:38PM
lol. Everyone that watches UFC only is like, "Nobody knows the fighters!"

Whereas everyone that watches all MMA is like, "No problem."

I would say there are two different types of fans here. lol
nellyhiphophead
7/11/07 2:26:38PM
i watch all kinds of mma it don't mean you know every fighter. and if you say you know every fighter in the ufc or who the ufc brings in and the wec you full of it. unless your someone like joden breen. like come on.
Brick
7/11/07 2:47:18PM
Bad idea, I think it just clutters things up too much. It's too down-market, plus I like to watch the events I've picked or wagered on, and I don't plan on seeing much WEC.

There is enough going on in UFC, we've got like 4 events within 30 days coming up next month, I don't think we need to branch out to the minor leagues.

Plus, we don't need to be changing the rules in the middle of a season again. We saw how they did that in season one and screwed a bunch of people over. Maybe consider it for season three, but if you add the August 5th event now quite a few people probably won't even check this site figuring they have until the next UFC event, and get hosed.
Ydoc
7/11/07 4:57:00PM
I don't get this mentality of people who feel uninformed on picking fighters they haven't seen a bazillion times. I mean, most UFC undercard matches contain at least a few guys you've never seen fight before, but you still make picks on those fights, don't you? Sometimes all you have is a fightfinder profile and you still make an educated guess, so why is this any different? Bring on WEC, if people want to keep up they'll expand their MMA exposure past UFC/Pride.
EddieBowers
7/11/07 5:32:16PM

Posted by Ydoc

I don't get this mentality of people who feel uninformed on picking fighters they haven't seen a bazillion times. I mean, most UFC undercard matches contain at least a few guys you've never seen fight before, but you still make picks on those fights, don't you? Sometimes all you have is a fightfinder profile and you still make an educated guess, so why is this any different? Bring on WEC, if people want to keep up they'll expand their MMA exposure past UFC/Pride.

It will only cause people to look into other orgs and become more familure with MMA overall. For those who don't want to place wagers.. let them. I say bring on WEC.
nellyhiphophead
7/11/07 5:42:57PM
but it's not liek evenyone can watch the wec only in the u.s you can watch it live. i saw the last wec event jsut a few weeks ago on tsn up here in canada. so if i was able to watch the events it would make more sence.
Stickan
7/11/07 5:53:22PM
I loved the WEC 28 show and they got a lot of talent. Bring em on!
rcg916
7/11/07 7:49:30PM

Posted by Stickan

I loved the WEC 28 show and they got a lot of talent. Bring em on!

It was a damn good show, wasnt it?
nellyhiphophead
7/11/07 8:37:57PM
yeah it was a good card.
TOMMYAYO05
7/12/07 1:11:59PM
I think wait a little while until it gets big and th fighters are more known.
Stickan
7/13/07 1:39:19AM
so it's 30-5 in favor of at least adding WEC in some way. Is this something that's going to happen mods?
nellyhiphophead
7/13/07 2:28:32AM
so 35 out of over 7000 ppl have voted. i think they need more ppl to vote to get how ppl feel.
CWall33
7/13/07 7:02:31AM
Everyone on this site has access to these forums, but I realize that only a small percentage are active posters.

They should send out a mass-email to everyone with a link to this thread (or another like it), asking for input.

Make everyone aware of the possibility of adding the WEC. If they don't vote and aren't aware that WEC was added, too bad for them.
If the vote goes for NO, that's cool too. Majority rules.

I'll be happy either way. I'd just like to get more more input. If the majority wants just UFC and PRIDE, fine. I want more.
CWall33
7/13/07 7:14:27AM
Also, now that PRIDE seems pretty much dead and buried, something needs to be added to replace it. I don't care if I have access to watch the live fights or not, I want an event to pick at least every two weeks. WEC, EliteXC, the occasional BodogFights, whatever it takes. 50 days between events is just too long.
MisFiT
7/13/07 7:45:51AM
Yes! Please, everyone voted yes on all polls for more events other than UFC/Pride in Season 2, and they still need to add em up, not only will it spice it up and make it more interesting, but it would satisfy alot of the true hardcore fans deeper into MMA like myself.
nellyhiphophead
7/13/07 10:33:23AM
well i think if they do add it they need to wait till season 3 now. now with how much cash is on the line it's not fair to change rules during a season. yes i know they did it first season but that was a test run for them and they let us know that. so it's only fair they keep things how they had it and maybe change it next season.
DoTheMMAth
7/13/07 1:00:34PM
We're working on something related to this as we speak No guarantees as to when (or IF) we'll have something for ya, but we're attempting to piece together a secondary league... stay tuned!
szucconi
7/13/07 1:33:40PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

We're working on something related to this as we speak No guarantees as to when (or IF) we'll have something for ya, but we're attempting to piece together a secondary league... stay tuned!

I had a few ideas regarding the WEC and other orgs. Minor orgs and some major events should not count toward the game and season, but the mods should select some fights so the players can pick them and they will get added to the players career record and not there season total. The reason is they might have events on the same day or very close and the new betting schema makes that problematic. Maybe we can pick IFL winners, the main card for the Bodog PPV, Big WEC matches, EXL, Cage Rage, and/or Hero's. The mods can pick which matches are worthy. If they events in the game are to close together your participation for the events will drop.

I think we are safe adding the WEC to the game because it is Zuffa owned, but the UFC might have a PPV on the same night as another org that they want to wipe out. The money portion of the game would be hurt by having two events on the same night.
Brick
7/14/07 8:53:14AM
Wait until season three. No more changing stuff up in the middle of a season. Remember last season, that went over like a fart in church.
postman
7/15/07 12:21:17AM
I don't get VS so I don't get to see much WEC. I have been thinking about uping my dish package so I can So I say no not this season but that s only because
the only WEC Info I get is on the net. Next season would be fine. Maybe do a trial this season that means nothing just gives an Idea of what could be coming.
iwannabesedated
7/15/07 3:25:45PM
To me it dont really matter...if you dont want to pick a certain fight then you dont have to pick it..altho it hurts not being able to get max points..i think its fine with just the UFC events though..i get VS and ION i catch the bodog ifl and wec fights sometimes..but working and having a life outside of watching MMA is important too..ive seen Karalexis and a few others fighters who have been in UFC before fighting on there...i agree tho if your gonna add something WEC..or if not putting the whole cards up..you could just put up the Main card events for some other orgs..i mean it wouldve been cool to bet on Fedor Vs Lindland or Shamrock Vs Baroni...Gracie Vs Saku....those individual fights wouldve been cool to wager on make picks on...But after August 25th...its gonna be madness
Pages: [1] 2