will ufc 86 add a co main event finally??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » will ufc 86 add a co main event finally??
prozacnation1978
5/13/08 12:43:28PM
one big question is will the mir fight know gone from the main card

there is one more big fight left to annouce,
there is no co main event, and so far i have looked the tyson griffin fight is in limbo whether it will be a prelim or be the final main card fight

now with afflication now in july pay per view fight, with it's firepower they are bringing, these days i don't think alot of people will shell out 45 dollars twice in one month, and with 86 being kind of a weak card plus i don't think they will sell out the seats with a bunch a tuf fighters and weak fights added to the prelims.
right now it looks like afflication might actually have the upper hand in pay per view buys,

does the ufc need to add another big fight. when you have a rampage vs griffin match and the next best might be kos vs lytle that is not saying much
i think the ufc needs to add another big bout, i say grab gonzaga vs herring or kongo!!
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/13/08 12:46:19PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

one big question is will the mir fight know gone from the main card

there is one more big fight left to annouce,
there is no co main event, and so far i have looked the tyson griffin fight is in limbo whether it will be a prelim or be the final main card fight

now with afflication now in july pay per view fight, with it's firepower they are bringing, these days i don't think alot of people will shell out 45 dollars twice in one month, and with 86 being kind of a weak card plus i don't think they will sell out the seats with a bunch a tuf fighters and weak fights added to the prelims.
right now it looks like afflication might actually have the upper hand in pay per view buys,

does the ufc need to add another big fight. when you have a rampage vs griffin match and the next best might be kos vs lytle that is not saying much
i think the ufc needs to add another big bout, i say grab gonzaga vs herring or kongo!!

i like the way u think homeslice
to me it seems VERY WEAK, but then again Penn vs Stevenson appeared to be the only major fight on UFC 80 & that ended up being very entertaining so its ahrd to go by that.

but i agree that they need the extra fight to compete with the SUPER STACKED Affliction Card
Twenty20Dollars
5/13/08 12:57:31PM
yeah but think of it like this, ufc 86 may lose to afflication that month but after that what is next for afflication, they have all their big stars on one card so they all cant find again soon.

so ufc either fires back with a good card at 86 or puts on an amazing 87.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/13/08 12:59:09PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

yeah but think of it like this, ufc 86 may lose to afflication that month but after that what is next for afflication, they have all their big stars on one card so they all cant find again soon.

so ufc either fires back with a good card at 86 or puts on an amazing 87.

87 WILL NOT DISAPPOINT
billycarnage
5/13/08 3:01:13PM
I think the card is great as is. You got Aurelio vs Griffin and Cote vs Almeida and Tibau and Stevenson oh and Gurgel vs Miller. Rampage vs Forrest is a big enough draw for me but I like the whole card.
Now I wouldn't be upset if they added a Co-main event but I don't think they need to at all.
KYGUY07
5/13/08 3:22:00PM

Posted by billycarnage

I think the card is great as is. You got Aurelio vs Griffin and Cote vs Almeida and Tibau and Stevenson oh and Gurgel vs Miller. Rampage vs Forrest is a big enough draw for me but I like the whole card.
Now I wouldn't be upset if they added a Co-main event but I don't think they need to at all.

ChokeUout
5/13/08 7:26:17PM
Who knows? Maybe someone from UFC 84 will be inserted in there, you never know. Personally, I think that would be the perfect time to throw Franklin and Henderson in there, but most of the best fighters worthy of a co-main event are either booked or rehabilitating. I doubt Chuck will be ready to go by then, nor will Shogun. ANd you can't put St. Pierre or Silva as a non-main event fight right now.

I'd like to see Franklin/Henderson fight there, but the UFC will probably just promote the hell out of the Jackson/Griffin fight, and it should put up pretty nice numbers with all the hype that goes into it. THe folks at ESPN love Rampage, and Forrest is just as likeable. THe pre-fight interviews alone should sell a bunch of PPV's. So while it WOULD be nice, it's not a nessicesity that they add another fight.

As for affliction, THe hard core fans will want to see it, but to the average joe, the card probably flies way under their radar, so I doubt the UFC is worried about it. And this is their first event, and a stacked one at that. But I doubt they will be able to put forth a card pack with talented vets every month, so the UFC probably isn't losing any sleep over this.
JimiMak
5/13/08 8:15:47PM
I think on the heels of the UF show I think that Rampage and Forrest will sell fine, easily outselling the Affliction show. Just the UFC name brings more PPV buys than Affliction can get. We're the only ones that know/care about it (hardcore fans). Fedor's name doesn't sell alone here. The biggest name they have is Sylvia, he will get them more sales than they would've had otherwise. but I don't expect them to win the battle that month, just a really good card w/ good buys will be a success for them.
prozacnation1978
5/14/08 12:08:10AM
even with out mir bout they still need to add one more match!!!!!!!!
and tyson vs marcus is still not a main card fight yet
they could have annouced in a long time ago meaning the ufc is looking for another big bout
Mayhem13
5/14/08 12:35:01AM
add Guida vs Diaz to that card, and it will be fine in my book!!!
fade2black2004
5/14/08 10:53:44PM
Guido vs Diaz sounds sick

this is going to be an amazing ppv almost every match osounds exciting to me
MMAcca
5/15/08 1:15:51AM

Posted by Mayhem13

add Guida vs Diaz to that card, and it will be fine in my book!!!

Oh YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chubbud22
5/16/08 2:59:42AM
IMHO Gurgel does not belong on any main card
chubbud22
5/16/08 3:03:58AM

Posted by fade2black2004

Guido vs Diaz sounds sick

this is going to be an amazing ppv almost every match osounds exciting to me

I think Guido is a racial slur for Italians, but I could be wrong. I know you just misspelled his name I'm just bustin your chops.
ThaAxeMurderer7
5/16/08 9:32:43PM
I would like to see a middleweight match up of Chris Leben vs. Demian Maia. I think it would be a great fight.
Pitbull09
5/18/08 1:27:29PM
Im buying affliction jsut because I think buying UFC 85, seeing UFC 86 TUF 7 Finale and WEC for free in june and then buying Affliction Banned is the best combo for the first half of summer
That way I get
Sherk-Penn
Machida-Ortiz
Vera-Werdum
Wanderlei-Jardine
Fedor-Sylvia
AA-Rothwell
Rizzo-Barnett
Whitehead-Sobral
Faber-Pulver
Hughes-Alves
Mardquadt-Leites

To me, thats a crazy two months of MMA as I didnt include most of the fights and dont know the TUF 7 matchups yet. All of this is for around $90 too. Best deal