ADCC videogame

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » ADCC videogame
tepid55
7/12/09 6:36:26PM
How do you think a game based on the ADCC submission wrestling championships would sell?
mrsmiley
7/12/09 6:41:24PM
In Japan it would have the possiblity of probably selling fairly well.
State side and everywere else,probably not so good.

I would say if MMA's popularity would have peaked 10-15 years ago,this game probably would have been made by a smaller publisher and turned a decent profit.
In video games today it's like big budget movies.
They want everyone to be a blockbuster,and sadly that can mean some great titles get passed on because they may seem to be too much of a risk.

I would say their's a small possiblity we may see some sort of incarnation of a grappling game possibly on the Wii,but god only knows if the mechanics would be fluid or not.
tepid55
7/12/09 6:54:10PM
I think it might sell pretty well because a lot of the top grapplers also fight in MMA.
postman
7/12/09 7:54:44PM
I love ADCC but I hate the ground on the UFC game I actually wish I had saved my money and just got fight night 4. Trust me it wouldn't do well at all.
warglory
7/12/09 9:52:55PM

Posted by postman

I love ADCC but I hate the ground on the UFC game I actually wish I had saved my money and just got fight night 4. Trust me it wouldn't do well at all.

I couldn't disagree more. I think it's very fluid and the best way they would have made it. Is it sort of difficult? Yes, but in my opinion being able to fake out your opponent who is trying to slip away to only end up in his mount to finish him via gnp is so very satisfying.
ncordless
7/12/09 11:24:32PM
Horribly, and the company who published it would go out of business. I love ADCC, but 98% of people have no idea what it is. A game based completely on grappling would have to be so technical to be effective that people wouldn't know what the heck is going on.
TimW001
7/13/09 12:01:40AM

Posted by ncordless

Horribly, and the company who published it would go out of business. I love ADCC, but 98% of people have no idea what it is. A game based completely on grappling would have to be so technical to be effective that people wouldn't know what the heck is going on.