ADCC 2011: Rousimar Palhares Continues Bizarre Behavior at Grappling Tournament

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ADCC 2011: Rousimar Palhares Continues Bizarre Behavior at Grappling Tournament
Poor_Franklin
9/25/11 8:41:10PM
It seems like there is nothing Rousimar Palhares can do that doesn't involve some sort of controversy. Notorious for his willingness to bend the rules when in the cage for MMA and his bizarre mental lapses, the accomplished grappler isn't exactly an angel on the grappling mat either.

At the 2011 ADCC Palhares got off to a less than ideal start by missing weight but was given a second chance at which point he hit the mark. Then, in his second round match with David Avellan, Palhares' signature weirdness popped up again.bloody elbow
FastKnockout
9/25/11 8:47:57PM
What's up with this guy? Controversy follows him like the plague.

Oh, and I busted out laughing at this comment from KJ Noons when explaining the match.

"Avellan tries to spin out and Palhares kneebars the shit out of him."
kingsmasher
9/25/11 8:55:39PM
Well the way he was trying to talk to the ref and Marquardt pounced on him maybe he thinks that trying to play hi jinx is all a part of MMA grappling and so on...
KaibaThedon
9/25/11 9:09:27PM
lol punching dan miller in the face then running away to leap on top of the cage

then coming back down to finish the fight !! this guys crazy !
Chael_Sonnen
9/25/11 9:22:01PM
I absolutely love this guy
DeadHead988
9/25/11 9:54:21PM

Posted by FastKnockout

What's up with this guy? Controversy follows him like the plague.

Oh, and I busted out laughing at this comment from KJ Noons when explaining the match.

"Avellan tries to spin out and Palhares kneebars the shit out of him."

I lol'd pretty hard at that and the comparison to Lennie from "Of Mice and Men". He is now known as Rousimar "Special" Palhares to me.
tallica62
9/25/11 9:58:12PM
KJ called Palhares "Lenny from Of Mice and Men"...if he were on this forum I'd give him props for that

mentally unstable people who can legit kick your ass are very scary...eeeek
prophecy033
9/25/11 10:05:01PM
That's why Ron Arte... I mean Metta World Peace is such a scary dude. He's the kinda guy that would be talking to you, being all cool, then *BAM* gets all weird on you
mattjonesy
9/25/11 10:15:31PM
Thats the scariest kind of fighter! someone who doesnt know what hes doing and how dangerous he is! The guy is just a grappling machine, no time for any other types of thoughts lol.
hashyandy4
9/25/11 10:39:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

That's why Ron Arte... I mean Metta World Peace is such a scary dude. He's the kinda guy that would be talking to you, being all cool, then *BAM* gets all weird on you

I see what u did there and i freakin luv it!!
Chael_Sonnen
9/25/11 11:04:45PM
Maiquel Falcao and Paul Harris need to hang out
telnights
9/26/11 12:14:17AM
There was something else a little crazy that happened with Monson.

Jeff Monson vs Xande Ribeiro
Monson typically starts slow hesistant to engage in Ribeiro's guard. Ribeiro works towards a leglock attempt with Monson defending. Back to guard and Ribeiro looking to triangle-armlock, Monson pulls out. Match is stopped and it's unsure why. Monson is putting a shirt on. Possibly greasing allegations against Monson has given Ribeiro the match but we'll get confirmation later. Xande Ribeiro def Jeff Monson

Pookie
9/26/11 12:25:49AM
How can you not like Rousimar. He's doing this all by either accident, or lost in translation.
Pookie
9/26/11 12:31:26AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Maiquel Falcao and Paul Harris need to hang out

People will die. They'll be women, and it will all be by accident.
RhythmAndStyle
9/26/11 1:29:34AM
i been a Palhares fan from the start..dont even think i pickd against him yet, tbh..but he really reminds me of one of my favorite MW grapplers ever, Paulo Filho..great grapplers, great chins, but both also have mental errors in the cage..Filho was talkin to nobody in the Sonnen II match, has shown to break down in a match pretty easily and just give up..Palhares, has shown early problems, first the extra long leglock, losin focus in the Nate match, and i startd to really question where his head game is at in the D. Miller match..if he doesnt clean up his act, i fear he's gona turn into a Filho down the line and that would be a damn shame..as Palhares has so much potential and growth..please get ur act together Palhares or i'm afraid ur lose ur mind like Filho..
pmoney
9/26/11 1:58:28AM
I feel post #14 sums my feelings up on the palhares issue. While that comment pertains to his last MMA bout, that is pretty much how I view the dude.
airkerma
9/26/11 10:39:40AM

Posted by prophecy033

You need to hear his victory speech when the lakers won last year. It gets weird, funny, and tragic all at once. "I want to thank my therapist for keeping me calm, now I know what it is to be a champion so look me up I'm releasing my single and it's called champion, IM JUST SO HAPPY" More paraphrased than anything but that was the gist...
shaneTpain
9/26/11 5:59:43PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I absolutely love this guy

shaneTpain
9/26/11 6:06:04PM
ughhh videos been taken down already :P wish i could see this
prozacnation1978
9/26/11 7:37:08PM
Paul harris is the last guy on earth you want grabbing your leg or foot
He will rip it off !!!

The guy probably gives a mean foot message