Is anyone else actually really impressed with UFC 85?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Is anyone else actually really impressed with UFC 85?
TimW001
4/26/08 3:01:41PM
Fight Card

Fabricio Werdum Vs. Brandon Vera
Rashad Evans Vs. James Irvin
Marcus Davis Vs. Mike Swick
Chris Leben Vs. Michael Bisping
Matt Hughes Vs. Thiago Alves

That's actually a reall ygreat card. Much more intriguing then Rashad vs Chuck.
tomsmith17381
4/26/08 3:10:36PM
dude i have tickets for ufc 85 and i have to say i was disapointed with the original card with chuck on it. when chuck went down i wanted to slit my wrists but dana has really pulled this one out the bag. This card is stacked now plus i get to see 13 fights im thrilled with the changes.
can't wait to see matt hughes fight with a point to prove, cant wait to see king bisping beat down Leben, cant way to see mr lay and pray evans get his ass kicked and cant wait to see the irish hand grenade go off on swick.
GET IN!!!!!!!!!
BerndRealBad
4/26/08 3:13:11PM
I don't think there's a bad fight on the main card. People put too much stock in 'big name fighters'. Chuck/Rashad was going to be more one-sided then any match they've got on the main card now anyways. Imagine if this one winds up being free on Spike?
kaskd
4/26/08 3:30:37PM
it's a great card for the true fans. but unfortunately it won't sell as well for the UFC w/o Chuck on it.
gml07
4/26/08 4:18:56PM
Dan Henderson said today at Seni08 that he's fighting at UFC 85....
JBatch
4/26/08 4:29:48PM
This card came together nicely. A bunch of these fights really will helpto bring weight division rankings a bit more into focus.
Order of excitement for the fights.
1) Leben vs. Bisping
2) Davis vs. Swick
3) Hughes vs. Alves

Good job by the UFC, things kept on getting messed up and they did what the could to salvage the event.

chubbud22
4/26/08 4:33:07PM
Given there is no title up for grabs; this is a great card with great match ups IMHO
disorderlyvision
4/26/08 5:20:47PM

Posted by kaskd

it's a great card for the true fans. but unfortunately it won't sell as well for the UFC w/o Chuck on it.

i am a true fan and im still not buying this. im just not a fan of most of the fighters on the card. it would make a great fight night for me, but not a great ppv. this card just isnt worth $45 to me. are there good interesting match ups? absolutly! but id rather watch it in a bar/resteraunt, or wait til the next day and watch the fights online. plus it is tape delayed for being overseas. not paying $45 for fights taht arent even live
fonduktoe
4/26/08 6:24:10PM
i think the card is wonderfully stacked and if the rumors are true it will be the best free ufc event yet.
Mchubb316
4/26/08 6:47:56PM
Should be a good one. I think it is a great card.
bigbubbano23
4/26/08 7:21:56PM
it got better with the addition of hughes but still not worth the money
hodge
4/26/08 7:54:06PM
Sweet card i am so exited for this event. My first live UFC and its the best card that the UFC has sent over to us Brits.

WAR BISPING!!!!
tomsmith17381
4/27/08 1:05:12PM
me to dude if you thought the reception gsp got in montreal was loud wait till you here us brits get behind our boy bisping. at the manchester card it was like being at a local derby football match the atmosphere was electric
oleg
4/27/08 2:00:06PM
Awesome card, Hughes - Alves, Rashad - Irving, and Bisping - Leben is much better than Chuck - Rashad. The only thing that could have made this card even better is a title match.
Aaronno9
4/27/08 2:11:02PM
Its an awesome card. Even the undercards good. I wish i could afford to go. I think hughes alves might be a little boring, but most of the fights should be good. I think jess vs taylor will be a good scrap and hopfully end in a hl reel k.o.
Violence108
4/27/08 2:22:14PM
yeah good card , i am just glad its free on spike on that they changed the main event. i am looking forward to Davis/Swick i think that will be the fight of the night!!

Ben_Hutch
4/27/08 6:13:15PM

Posted by hodge

Sweet card i am so exited for this event. My first live UFC and its the best card that the UFC has sent over to us Brits.

WAR BISPING!!!!

Exactly what he said

WAR BISPING!!!!!!!!!!
prozacnation1978
4/27/08 11:54:37PM
really good card, i think the best this year so far. i doubt hendo is fighting i think he will fight in aug.
BerndRealBad
4/28/08 2:17:25AM

Posted by Violence108

yeah good card , i am just glad its free on spike on that they changed the main event. i am looking forward to Davis/Swick i think that will be the fight of the night!!

Let's hope the real Mike Swick shows up this time, not the anemic one that 'beat' Josh Burkman last time out. If he doesn't look good in this one, I think it's safe to say the move down to welterweight was a bad choice. Kind of like drinking milk on a hot day.
hippysmacker
4/28/08 5:48:38AM

Posted by Violence108

Are you sure its on Spike? I just looked at the UFC website, and it says PPV. Hope your right though.
keith-hackney1
4/28/08 7:00:09AM
Its a better line up than UFC 38 ... Brawl at the royal albert hall !!! ... Or is that
Brawl OUTSIDE THE BACK ALLEY AT the royal albert hall ... According to matt hughes and chuck liddell !!!!
Ben_Hutch
4/29/08 8:09:19PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Its a better line up than UFC 38 ... Brawl at the royal albert hall !!! ... Or is that
Brawl OUTSIDE THE BACK ALLEY AT the royal albert hall ... According to matt hughes and chuck liddell !!!!

Lee Murray destroyed Tito Ortiz, but now Lee is in prison for stealing £54 million.
Chuteboxer
4/29/08 8:11:50PM
Before it changed, I didn't wanna bother...

but now I deem it watchable.