Action Star Final Round Lee vs Stallone

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Action Star Final Round Lee vs Stallone
POLL: Finals of the Action Star Tounament
Bruce Lee 52% (15)
Sylvester Stallone 48% (14)
prophecy033
8/5/11 12:27:17AM
Here it is, the Finals

2 of the greatest Action Stars are set to Square off to see just who will become the 1st ever Action Star Tournament Winner

Bruce Lee vs Sylvester Stallone
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3 Photo Attachment 4
prophecy033
8/5/11 12:31:31AM
Although Bruce Lee is a legend in the Action/Martial Arts genre and will go down as one of the most iconic figures to ever grace gods green earth, Sly Stallone was one of my idols growing up. He played the badass good guy more times then I can count. He has two of the most prolific characters to ever grace the silver screen. I hate to say it but Lee's movies all bleed together in my mind, while stallones stick out, each a different performance. My vote goes to Stallone
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Chael_Sonnen
8/5/11 1:39:31AM
Stallone = Longevity/Durability
Lee = Short lived, what might have been

Stallone via KO rd 1
Pookie
8/5/11 1:49:56AM
Stallone has a Goulet looking chin IRL. Because Lee would probably beat him up even with the 80 pound weight disadvantage, i got to give him the nod in the movie too.
KungFuMaster
8/5/11 2:09:39AM
Bruce Lee was a great actor and innovator. I am not sure of what we can and cannot compare between the two but my vote goes to Bruce Lee.

Stallone is great but what Lee has done inside the theaters and outside transcends beyond the boundary of time. Lee's legacy will continue to live on for eternity while Stallone's legacy may be forgotten as time goes on.

Lee is the first mixed martial artist. He was instrumental in the martial arts movement in America. He is or was one of the first Asian American super star to hold a lead role in an American movie. Lee will be talked about when my grandchildren are old and when their grandchildren are old. I am not so sure Stallone will be talked about then....

Lee gets my vote due to the significance of what he has done in his short but meaningful life.

And if they were to really fight, Lee would definitely be doing the beating IMO. Legendary speed, legendary power ................equates to a very quick and painless fight for Lee.
Poor_Franklin
8/5/11 4:22:06AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Legendary speed, legendary power ................equates to a very quick and painless fight for Lee.

BRUCE LEE ALL DAY!!!!!!!!!
scoozna
8/5/11 8:56:27AM
Rocky always pulls out the win.
Plus, I'm from Philly. It's mandatory that I vote for him, or I might be shunned.
emfleek
8/5/11 8:59:06AM
Bruce Lee. There will be no Rocky-like comeback this time around.
Theoutlaw08
8/5/11 9:15:05AM
I think Rocky wins this, he's determination and heart is crazy.
prophecy033
8/5/11 3:13:35PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Bruce Lee was a great actor and innovator. I am not sure of what we can and cannot compare between the two but my vote goes for Bruce Lee.

Stallone is great but what Lee has done inside the theaters and outside transcends beyond the boundary of time. Lee's legacy will continue to live on for eternity while Stallone's legacy may be forgotten as time goes on.

Lee is the first mixed martial artist. He was instrumental in the martial arts movement in America. He is or was one of the first Asian American super star to hold a lead role in an American movie. Lee will be talked about when my grandchildren are old and when their grandchildren are old. I am not so sure Stallone will be talked about then....

Lee gets my vote due to the significance of what he has done in his short but meaningful life.

And if they were to really fight, Lee would definitely be doing the beating IMO. Legendary speed, legendary power ................equates to a very quick and painless fight for Lee.

Well put KFM, good case for Lee. I have an issue with one thing tho. You seem to disregard Sly's impact on American cinema and the people that watch his films. His cultural impact is overwhelming. For a lot of us, Stallone is THE' action start of our youth. His embodiment of the underdog in Rocky speaks to all the underdogs in life, his determination in Rambo speaks to all of us that strive to preserver. Just like Lee, Stallone's legacy will live on
I wonder if he hadn't died young, would people still hold Lee in such high regard.
Khaos
8/5/11 3:57:13PM
I gotta go with Sly here.
grappler0000
8/5/11 4:10:10PM

Posted by prophecy033

I wonder if he hadn't died young, would people still hold Lee in such high regard.

We tend to remember people who were ahead of their time, regardless of how long they were with us. Also, you could equally pose the opposite question...if he had lived a full life, how much "more" of an impact would he have made?
prophecy033
8/5/11 4:19:32PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by prophecy033

We tend to remember people who were ahead of their time, regardless of how long they were with us. Also, you could equally pose the opposite question...if he had lived a full life, how much "more" of an impact would he have made?

Lee was far ahead of his time, I was just implying that had he lived longer, would his career continued on an upward scale. Imo yes, it would have. But there are those that hit a roadblock, I.e. Michael Jackson, that turns public opinion in the opposite direction.
prophecy033
8/5/11 4:23:03PM
This may be the best match so far. It's generated the most discussion. And you could make a case for either that's convincing. Good stuff guys
Budgellism
8/5/11 4:28:22PM
Really tough to pick here. After thinking about it for a while I sided with Stallone. Prophecy mentioned it, but yeah. For North America Stallone was and is THE action star. He's made tons of classics. I'll always look up to Lee but Stallone by SD.

10-10, wow.
KungFuMaster
8/5/11 4:41:00PM

Posted by prophecy033

Well put KFM, good case for Lee. I have an issue with one thing tho. You seem to disregard Sly's impact on American cinema and the people that watch his films. For a lot of us, Stallone is THE' action start of our youth. His embodiment of the underdog in rock speaks to all the underdogs in life, his determination in Rambo speaks to all of us that strive to preserver. Just like Lee, Stallone's legacy will live on

Stallone made great movies which touched our hearts but Lee tied the knots between the East and the West. Lee married an American woman. He was doing things which were well ahead of his time.

Producers will continue to make great movies which will touch our hearts but will there be another Bruce Lee?

In all seriousness, one cannot compare the two. They are different and great in their own ways but if you ask me who has made the greater impact on people's lives....I would say Bruce Lee and IMO it is unquestionable. Bruce touched more hearts and his impact on planet earth was astronomical. Millions of people still visit his tomb-stone to this day if that is any indication at all of what kind of impact Bruce Lee had on the good people of planet Earth. The man was not just a movie star. He was a symbol of hope and inspiration and if I was literally talking to you right now, I may even shed a tear (In-fact, I am tearing right now just talking about him).

I am going to ask you a question. Will you take time out of your life to visit Stallone's grave?

I know you like Stallone and I like him too but if you are comparing the impact Stallone has made on people against Lee's, I would have to urge you and persuade you to come to the other side.

But if you are comparing the two - based on what they have done in the movie business, Stallone will have a strangle-hold on that category IMO - but even some will give good cases for Lee as well.

What Lee did in 10 years was more than what most people could do in a lifetime. And I will commend you for one thought. Had Lee lived a full life, maybe his legacy would not have resounded across the halls of planet Earth like it did.........................But you know what>>>>>most great men do not live a full life. They are usually ahead of their time as in the cases of Socrates and many more who challenged the current thought - only to be shunned and reduced to a mad man.

Bruce Lee challenged the current thought by wanting to be a star in American films which was unheard of in his time, by teaching Wing Chun to his fellow Americans even though it was against Chinese regulations, by marrying an American woman, by pushing the body to its limits and by respecting all forms of martial arts and combining them to form what we now call mixed martial arts.

Bruce Lee's life is an inspiration which is why he is one of my heroes .....and in that regard, you cannot ask me to compare him to Stallone.
Theoutlaw08
8/5/11 4:51:35PM
How the hell is Stallone not winning this by landslide. Rambo - Rocky should be enough evidence to score him a win.....the man can't be beaten. I mean Apollo took those punches from Drago and died, Rocky took a 15 round beating to come back and win in the last second.....Maybe I'm an idiot....I don't know. I hope he pulls out a win.
KungFuMaster
8/5/11 5:16:00PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

How the hell is Stallone not winning this by landslide. Rambo - Rocky should be enough evidence to score him a win.....the man can't be beaten. I mean Apollo took those punches from Drago and died, Rocky took a 15 round beating to come back and win in the last second.....Maybe I'm an idiot....I don't know. I hope he pulls out a win.

But you see - Drago did not have the foot stomp like Bruce Lee.

Bruce Lee's foot stomp
KungFuMaster
8/5/11 5:42:57PM
Bruce Lee makes it look easy even against a legendary action star like Jackie Chan.

Lee vs Chan
prophecy033
8/5/11 5:51:59PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by prophecy033

Well put KFM, good case for Lee. I have an issue with one thing tho. You seem to disregard Sly's impact on American cinema and the people that watch his films. For a lot of us, Stallone is THE' action start of our youth. His embodiment of the underdog in rock speaks to all the underdogs in life, his determination in Rambo speaks to all of us that strive to preserver. Just like Lee, Stallone's legacy will live on

Stallone made great movies which touched our hearts but Lee tied the knots between the East and the West. Lee married an American woman. He was doing things which were well ahead of his time.

Producers will continue to make great movies which will touch our hearts but will there be another Bruce Lee?

In all seriousness, one cannot compare the two. They are different and great in their own ways but if you ask me who has made the greater impact on people's lives....I would say Bruce Lee and IMO it is unquestionable. Bruce touched more hearts and his impact on planet earth was astronomical. Millions of people still visit his tomb-stone to this day if that is any indication at all of what kind of impact Bruce Lee had on the good people of planet Earth. The man was not just a movie star. He was a symbol of hope and inspiration and if I was literally talking to you right now, I may even shed a tear (In-fact, I am tearing right now just talking about him).

I am going to ask you a question. Will you take time out of your life to visit Stallone's grave?

I know you like Stallone and I like him too but if you are comparing the impact Stallone has made on people against Lee's, I would have to urge you and persuade you to come to the other side.

But if you are comparing the two - based on what they have done in the movie business, Stallone will have a strangle-hold on that category IMO - but even some will give good cases for Lee as well.

What Lee did in 10 years was more than what most people could do in a lifetime. And I will commend you for one thought. Had Lee lived a full life, maybe his legacy would not have resounded across the halls of planet Earth like it did.........................But you know what>>>>>most great men do not live a full life. They are usually ahead of their time as in the cases of Socrates and many more who challenged the current thought - only to be shunned and reduced to a mad man.

Bruce Lee challenged the current thought by wanting to be a star in American films which was unheard of in his time, by teaching Wing Chun to his fellow Americans even though it was against Chinese regulations, by marrying an American woman, by pushing the body to its limits and by respecting all forms of martial arts and combining them to form what we now call mixed martial arts.

Bruce Lee's life is an inspiration which is why he is one of my heroes .....and in that regard, you cannot ask me to compare him to Stallone.

This is actually a bittersweet debate for me, if it was anyone other than Stallone I. the finals, I would be justifying Lee's impact. No man other than Jackie Robinson has bridge the Racial barrier better than Bruce Lee. Although he wasn't the first to marry a American women, his doing so was the most significant. I feel that people visit his grave as much for his mysterious death an the lore that surrounds him (much like James Dean, Jim Morrison, Janis joplin, Kurt Cobain, and the others who died young or mysteriously) as for his impact on their lives. I remember when Cobain died and all the girls around my age were devastated when they heard. Crying and sobing for weeks was not unheard of. I can only imaging the feelings running through the world when Lee died. He was loved by the world for his kind heart and dedication to making the world a better place
Most ethnic groups find a person that best represents them. Asian-american had Bruce Lee, and more recently Jackie Chan and Jet Lei, Italian-Americans had Joe Dimaggio and later Sly, African Americans had Jackie Robinson and Joe Louise with 2pac carrying the torch until his early death.Young America had guys that were just like them in James Dean, Marlon Brando, and later with the likes of Kurt Cobain. We all have the people were look up to like demi-gods. Stallone, Arnold and JCVD were those to me growing up on in the Pacific Northwest.
I may never go to stallones grave, but i'll probably never go to Bruce Lee's either. I would, however, go to James Deans, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennons and 2pac's. Lee, at the time of his death was representing a whole race of people, and he did it better then almost anyone in history. America has SO many people to latch onto that it is hard to find any one person who captivates as many people as Lee. Stallone may be that person that comes closest in the modern age. His career has spanned a few decades now, with kids from the 70's, 80's, 90's, 2000's and now being able to see NEW movies of his. Lee never had that chance and neither did James Dean. But yet those guys are still equally relevant today as they were then. And that's a testament to the lasting impression they left on this planet.
I couldn't think of a better matchup then this on, from a pure action star position, to the impact on society. But like you said, they are completely different. To accurately compare, they would both have to have done the exact same things at the exact same time. That is the only way to truly compare the two.
so you don't need to plead with me to come to your way of thinking. I already admire Lee for everything he was, on and off screen. It's just Stallone is my Action Star. He has stood the test of time, and is still going strong after almost 30 years
prophecy033
8/5/11 6:12:12PM
Damn, I wish we could get as many votes here as their getting for the Cain v Dos Santos debate. This is more important, I mean, a dead icon is fighting a WAY past his prime icon. It doesn't get much better in my book
Adrenaline
8/5/11 6:47:24PM
Maybe I don't understand the judging criteria (hey maybe I could be an MMA judge!!) but it seems like people are basing thier votes on what Bruce Lee did with his life, his philosophies, and to an extent, his impact on the fighting world (which is understandable being that this is an MMA site) but if you base it on the actual movies, Stallone was by far the biggest action star of really any generation. Stallone personifies the "action hero" role and played it better than anyone. Stallone along with others created an etirely new genre in the late 70's and through the 80's and early 90's. I don' think of Bruce Lee when I think of over the top, cheesy, EPIC action movies.

Lee was great but Stallone is by far the greatest action star of all time. I guess I just don't put Lee's movies in the same catagory as Stallones.

jae_1833
8/5/11 10:42:49PM
I love Bruce Lee but really dont watch much of his movies.....Sly is an actor I grew up watching so my vote goes to him.......I hardly believe half the people with Lee posters and t-shirts can only remember two of his movies if they have even watched that many of them....and one or them will always be "Enter the Dragon".
Poor_Franklin
8/6/11 2:29:40AM
Consider kills with bare hands & no weapons. I think Bruce Lee wins this quite easily when considering that
KungFuMaster
8/6/11 3:37:12PM
This is a really tight race but really - there will be no loser.