Who is acting more "unprofessional"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is acting more "unprofessional"
Next Page »
POLL: Which fighter here is less "professional" in your opinion?
Forrest Griffin 35% (25)
Rampage Jackson 52% (37)
Gary Shaw (Just for laughs) 13% (9)
Sinister
10/4/09 6:53:49PM
Ok, lately there has been a lot of attention around Forrest Griffin over the "mother" comment. I noticed though that the attention seems strongers and more directed than Rampage's current situation.

Rampage Jackson
For people who don't see this let me state my side. Rampage loses the title to Forrest. Rampage loses it and with his anger from that loss, and decides to go do some road rage. After that Rampage is still given high fights and is once again put of a TUF show to build up his marketability. Rampage than decides after TUF, he is leaving for an acting career. Thus screwing the UFC (The poeple who made him who he is to be able to recieve an acting career) over to a point.

Forrest Griffin
Ok, so Forrest loses his title fight. Is completely fine and doesn't go out with his anger and do anything but simply trains hard for his next fight. That fight ends up being Anderson Silva who completely outclasses him. Forrest being upset with the lose, leaves the cage earlier than usual. This cause a lot of attention to why he would do that. After being asked numerous times, Forrest takes his anger from the loss and decides to say a nasty comment to the guy.

Though both these fighters did unnecessary actions, which fighter here is less "professional" in your opinions?
Upon that question, which guy do you think has recieved more critisism.
KaibaThedon
10/4/09 7:06:36PM
Well I'd say Griffin considering how many fans he had and how he always acts classy and stuff... plus in his book he says "don't make excuses, even when they're legitimate"

Nobody would've not gotten owned by Silva, but resorting to momma jokes is over the top.
Sinister
10/4/09 7:08:28PM

Posted by KaibaThedon

Well I'd say Griffin considering how many fans he had and how he always acts classy and stuff... plus in his book he says "don't make excuses, even when they're legitimate"

Anybody would've gotten owned by Silva, but resorting to momma jokes is over the top.

When did Forrest make an excuse for losing to Silva? He said his biggest mistake was fighting Silva in the first place.

EDIT- Also the double negative at the end was bothering me so I fixed it
SpiderSilva
10/4/09 7:26:29PM
I vote don king!

I say forrest he did what he did and people want to know why he doesn't have to be a doush about it
NatedawgThaM
10/4/09 7:30:08PM
Rampage. Because even though he's my favorite fighter he is being a baby and/or stubborn. I don't think he does this if Dana does not talk bad about his decision to back out and do the movie. I understand Ranmpages view but the UFC bought WFA just for him, they didn't have to promote him as much as they did when he first came in, sure as hell didn't need to give him a second fight in the UFC title shot, I know he said that was too early but they had faith in him and they sure as hell didn't need to keep him or let him back as fast as they did after the hit and run. Hes so lucky hes back in a good situation. I just frsutrated because he was the main push for MMA in Memphis and thats the whole reason Dana went there, so they could have Rampage fight in front o fhis hometown on the biggest card of the year, the last card of every year in a huge fight with Rashad. Set up the greatest feeling ever he could potentially get, maybe even better then sex haha shutting up Rashad on his home turf setting up a title shot.

I can understand Forrest. I mean, he got clowned. Anderson made him look like a little punk. I dont what I do either. haha That was badddd....
Nightmare27
10/4/09 8:08:21PM
Forrest
prozacnation1978
10/4/09 9:59:58PM
i always thought of griffin as a kid for some reason
EvenFlow
10/4/09 10:01:48PM
So you're comparing two different situations that somehow clears Forrest of being unprofessional because Rampage did something worse? Not to mention what Rampage did had nothing to do with fighting or his profession and Forrests' situation did. That's nothing but a scapegoat and this thread should be closed.
spikerman19
10/4/09 10:37:56PM
scobac
10/4/09 10:50:42PM

Posted by EvenFlow

So you're comparing two different situations that somehow clears Forrest of being unprofessional because Rampage did something worse? Not to mention what Rampage did had nothing to do with fighting or his profession and Forrests' situation did. That's nothing but a scapegoat and this thread should be closed.

I dont see a problem making a comparison, It helps to get a better perspective on the Forrest thing.

The acting thing has nothing to do with fighting, but the roadrage thing after forrest beat him was a reaction to the loss which is similar to what we are seeing from Forrest. I went back and read some of the threads after Rampage took "grave digger" car crunching and people werent giving him half the crap people are giving Forrest, I dont see how thats fair considering Jackson litterly put the welfare of other human beings at risk. Just because we've come to expect things like this from Jackson by no meens makes what Forrest did worse.
Khaos
10/4/09 11:01:08PM
I'd say Rmpage, because he's done more things people would comsider unprofessional, I mean Forrset went backstage 5 minutes before he would have anyway, big deal.
Sinister
10/4/09 11:55:34PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Sinister
both these fighters did unnecessary actions

They both did wrong. So your saying none of Rampages actions negatively affected the sport of MMA but Forrests comment to a news reporter did?

My point is that Forrest is getting to much media attention for this compared to fighters who hurt the sport way worse. It's becoming a big deal for no good reason and they are acting like Forrest is somehow being disrespectful to people he needs to. Why can't he tell a reporter to lay off. He owes that guy nothing.

The thread brings up a legit point even if you don't like it.
Sinister
10/4/09 11:58:37PM
The poll also seems to show people disagree on this.
EvenFlow
10/5/09 12:24:53AM

Posted by Sinister

You're trying to use psychology through comparison by basically saying Forrest is more in the right. What they both did was wrong wheather it was leaving for acting before a fight or running out of the ring/disrespecting someones mom for a simple question. The reality is it dosnt matter what the lesser evil is here they've both lost quite a few fans recently.
Sinister
10/5/09 1:26:51AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Sinister

You're trying to use psychology through comparison by basically saying Forrest is more in the right. What they both did was wrong wheather it was leaving for acting before a fight or running out of the ring/disrespecting someones mom for a simple question. The reality is it dosnt matter what the lesser evil is here they've both lost quite a few fans recently.

But media coverage should cover the bigger wrong and I feel they havn't. I'm stating a wrong by the media in that they are making a big issue over a comment when there are worse decisions by other fighters that could be covered.
I said already they both were wrong. Forrest just seems to be jumped on for this more which I think is wrong from us as fans.
EvenFlow
10/5/09 2:10:47AM

Posted by Sinister

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Sinister

But media coverage should cover the bigger wrong and I feel they havn't. I'm stating a wrong by the media in that they are making a big issue over a comment when there are worse decisions by other fighters that could be covered.
I said already they both were wrong. Forrest just seems to be jumped on for this more which I think is wrong from us as fans.

What media? nobody is talking about Forrest and everybody is talking about Rampage because it was more important and significant. Rampage wants to make a movie he feels emotionally attatched to, he had a commitment but he also asked to have it postponed for a month and was denied. On the other hand Forrest showed bad character when things didnt go his way, at least when Rampage lost to Forrest he took it like a man even when he and many others thought he won. Clearly you wont be moved from your bias, so theres no point in discussing this further.
Rush
10/5/09 11:27:54AM

Posted by EvenFlow
at least when Rampage lost to Forrest he took it like a man

That's not what I remember.

I remember violent and destructive tantrums on TUF set. I also recall some mental breakdown resulting in reckless mishap involving a very large truck.
Sinister
10/5/09 1:03:40PM

Posted by EvenFlow

On the other hand Forrest showed bad character when things didnt go his way, at least when Rampage lost to Forrest he took it like a man even when he and many others thought he won.

News Flash
COSTA MESA - A 38-year-old Huntington Beach woman was injured when Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's vehicle tore through the streets of Costa Mesa and Newport Beach this week, authorities said today

LINK

I don't see that as taking it like a man. I see that as not only harmful to the sport but the public in general.
It's almost like you don't remember this, furthering my point that the media's coverage hasn't been effecient.
higdon10
10/5/09 1:22:38PM
I gotta say Griffin. MMA is a sport. You win some and you lose some, and when things dont go your way you can't act the way that Forrest has been acting. I think that is far more unacceptable than Rampage's recent doings.
EvenFlow
10/5/09 3:02:08PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by EvenFlow
at least when Rampage lost to Forrest he took it like a man

That's not what I remember.

I remember violent and destructive tantrums on TUF set. I also recall some mental breakdown resulting in reckless mishap involving a very large truck.

I'm was talking strictly about after the fight, not some car accident. What he does outside of the fighitng world shouldnt really be any fight fans business to judge, yes nobody likes the movie decision but its nobodys place to judge that either.

Posted by Sinister
COSTA MESA - A 38-year-old Huntington Beach woman was injured when Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's vehicle tore through the streets of Costa Mesa and Newport Beach this week, authorities said today

LINK

I don't see that as taking it like a man. I see that as not only harmful to the sport but the public in general.
It's almost like you don't remember this, furthering my point that the media's coverage hasn't been effecient.

Well thanks pal, did you happen to read Rush's post or did you just really wanna re-enforce yourself? I guess I had no idea Rampage did that

Rush
10/5/09 3:08:18PM

Posted by EvenFlow

lol I'm talking strictly about after the fight, what he does outside of the fighitng world shouldnt really be anybodys nobodys business, ya dig?

Not really.

How is it regarded differently as anyone's business what someone does in or out of the ring (provided it is in a public place)? i.e. why should it matter if it takes place in the ring or not?

And as far as after the fight goes, it is pretty common knowledge that Rampage's "out of cage" actions were a direct result of 1) having lost many TUF fights to members of Forrest's team and 2) having lost to Forrest in the title shot. Therefore, his actions, albeit some took place outside of a UFC venue, are a direct result of "in cage" performance.

EvenFlow
10/5/09 3:13:50PM
Well thanks for quoting so quickly...anyway the realiy is it's not anyones business, period.
Rush
10/5/09 3:40:20PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Well thanks for quoting so quickly...anyway the realiy is it's not anyones business, period.

I certainly think it is as do the producers of TUF. The news is comprised of these types of things all the time, so I guess I don't understand where you are coming from. This is especially compounded by the fact that we're talking about a public figure.
EvenFlow
10/5/09 6:30:38PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by EvenFlow

I certainly think it is as do the producers of TUF. The news is comprised of these types of things all the time, so I guess I don't understand where you are coming from. This is especially compounded by the fact that we're talking about a public figure.

Again, I'm strictly talking about Rampages car incident being no ones business and certainly not something to compare imo. I am in no way condoning what Rampage did leaving for a movie and I have written plenty of posts where I say how disappointed I am that he and dana couldnt make it work. I see where youre coming from but I guess the feeling is not mutual, oh well.
Sinister
10/5/09 7:06:22PM

Posted by Sinister
Rampage Jackson
Rampage loses the title to Forrest. Rampage loses it and with his anger from that loss, and decides to go do some road rage.

That was from my original post. If you read it, you may have made our discussion more interesting but you chose to continue to make points I already covered.

The only thing you proved during this thread to me is when you start losing an arguement, you get personal for no good reason.

Posted by Evenflow
Clearly you wont be moved from your bias, so theres no point in discussing this further.

Posted by Evenflow
Well thanks pal, did you happen to read Rush's post or did you just really wanna re-enforce yourself? I guess I had no idea Rampage did that

I would say your posting has be very unprofessional in this thread
Sinister
10/5/09 7:13:41PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by EvenFlow

I still don't understand either. Something a guy says to a news reporter that isn't physically harmful to anyone is our business yet a fighter injuring and potentially killing people in the open community isnt our business?

Rampages story would be sure to go on national news before Forrests comment and that why I am most worried over a fighter like him.

Positive public attention for MMA is very important to me. I would say most of my posts here so far reflected it. Thats why I am trying to bring the point that what a fighter says is most likely going to be seen only to fans like us and not the public.

It's very important for fighters in the UFC to not go out and make the sport and org look like WWE or a circus. It hinders the growth and isn't right as the UFC gave them the media spotlight to begin with.
EvenFlow
10/5/09 7:58:00PM

Posted by Sinister

I still don't understand either. Something a guy says to a news reporter that isn't physically harmful to anyone is our business yet a fighter injuring and potentially killing people in the open community isnt our business?

Was that your moms car that he hit? do you know the family? ok then, its not your business, yes you have the right to know about it, but to pass judgement on it or comparing it to saying screw the fans is laughable, sorry I guess we cant come to agreement.

EDIT: more name calling I see, calling me unprofessional for stating opinions oh well, I will let this go and agree to disagree.
BustedKnuckle
10/5/09 9:49:15PM
All i have to say is nothing is black and white there are always shades of grey and with Pages BS after his loss to Forrest and backing out of a supremely hyped fight IN HIS HOME STATE, I think Page is way over the line. but thats just my 2 cents
Sinister
10/5/09 9:50:40PM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Sinister

Was that your moms car that he hit?

We can't agree but you did make me laugh if you said "moms" car because of the Forrest comment. That inspires me to make a new poll of what you would rather have happen to your mother but I will restrain myself.
deezyo
10/9/09 11:15:49PM
shaw for sure
Pages: [1] 2