According to Kawa, Henderson is Looking To Defend Title Against Diaz on Fox 5 or New Year’s Show

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » According to Kawa, Henderson is Looking To Defend Title Against Diaz on Fox 5 or New Year’s Show
lohmann
8/14/12 9:08:20PM
According to “Smooth’s” manager, Malki Kawa, it is a possibility that the fight will be on Fox, if not the promotion’s usual elephantine New Year’s show. As he told Steph Daniels of BloodyElbow.com:

We’ll see what the UFC wants to do. I’m thinking that the New Year’s card sounds pretty cool, and there’s also that Fox 5 card that they’ve got in December, so that could be a possibility. I’m not sure what they’re thinking yet. I haven’t spoken with Joe or Dana, but as soon as we do, hopefully we’ll get something figured out.

link
sparky
8/14/12 9:18:37PM
I give Bendo credit he is always fighting never to long of a lay off with him he stays very active
BossHog
8/14/12 9:27:44PM
Bendo is a stud. Diaz has been on a tear lately but if you look at the guys who give him trouble Bendo is a real problem for him.

Bendo by exciting decision. Probably gets caught in a choke or two but you can't tap that dude.
hymiekooken
8/14/12 9:38:16PM

Posted by BossHog

Bendo by exciting decision. Probably gets caught in a choke or two but you can't tap that dude.

I think Nate may be the one guy who can make Bendo tap, either way, should be a hell of a fight, I got Nate by sub.
george112
8/14/12 9:45:31PM
Bendo by UD all day
prophecy033
8/14/12 10:19:55PM
Dana won't put this one on free tv, almost certain it will be a New Year fight barring injury
tcunningham
8/15/12 12:12:18AM
bendo by UD. i think diaz is going to be talkin shit and playing catch up the whole fight. lots of takedowns by bendo
lohmann
8/15/12 12:16:04AM

Posted by prophecy033

Dana won't put this one on free tv, almost certain it will be a New Year fight barring injury

He might, especially if the Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez II rumors swirling around the December 29th card ring true.

The co-main event is most likely going to be MacDonald vs. Penn. Penn is among the biggest draws right now that is not a champion, so it seems easy to speculate that a title fight might be where the UFC leans with this next FOX card, especially with how intrinsically exciting Nate Diaz is.

In this video, White mentions that the fight should happen in 2012, should the two competitors be healthy, and that he has some "cool stuff" planned for Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz with Lorenzo's blessing. (And, if I were a conspiracy theorist, that laugh later in the interview before he said he knew what the FOX 5 main event would be was telling.)