So, according to FightMetric

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » So, according to FightMetric
TimW001
12/13/09 3:17:38PM
Overall, BJ Penn outstruck Diego 150-8

LINK
bojangalz
12/13/09 3:29:18PM
Yeah, the numbers are always worth a look, but we certainly didn't need any affirmation to the fact that Diego got his ass handed to him. True domination on the part of Baby Jay.

I'm not certain I've seen that sustained of an ass whoopin' since GSP destroyed Fitch for 25 minutes.

*EDIT* Wait, I forgot about the GSP/Penn fight that was a pretty one-sided afair as well lol. I wonder how many fighters have been on both sides of the coin like Penn has here.
BustedKnuckle
12/13/09 4:00:50PM
I cant believe he handle Sanchez the way he did. 150- to 8 thogh!!!! that is rediculous. BJ needs some better competition. The UFC needs to look for new faces. Hasen, Aoki, somone to challenge this guy.
jocka
12/13/09 4:09:59PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I cant believe he handle Sanchez the way he did. 150- to 8 thogh!!!! that is rediculous. BJ needs some better competition. The UFC needs to look for new faces. Hasen, Aoki, somone to challenge this guy.

I don't think it would matter, i don't see anyone at 155 betting BJ right now. His cardio is finally where it should be its pretty scary stuff. 155, 170 and 185lbs divisions are all ruled by monsters lol at best challengers have a punches chances thats it.
Afflicted
12/13/09 4:19:47PM
Those have to be the most lopsided numbers ever. 27 failed takedown attempts, is that even possible? I mean my god BJ's takedown defense is great, but 0 for 27 thats amazing
RyanC
12/13/09 4:27:26PM
BJ is the best 155 fighter ever!
submissionartist1
12/13/09 4:41:34PM
i really gaind alot of respect for bj here i doubted him more then anyone, now im impressed hope he keeps it up! anyone think they will do a kenflo rematch? bj or diego V. Kenflo?
MisterFreeze
12/13/09 4:52:50PM

Posted by Afflicted

Those have to be the most lopsided numbers ever. 27 failed takedown attempts, is that even possible? I mean my god BJ's takedown defense is great, but 0 for 27 thats amazing

27 failed takedown attempts!! wow, thats really gonna hurt his overall takedown success percentage.
I was actually getting annoyed with Diego continuously trying to take BJ down!! It was clearly never going to work and yet thats what Diegos corner continued to tell him to do...!!??!? Time for Diego to find new cornermen. I mean seriously, his corner might as well have told him "Just keep running into his fist with your face Diego, you'll hurt him eventually!"
LesnarISjesusWITHnoBEARD
12/13/09 4:56:46PM
I think knew he had no other chance. He had no power in his strikes after the first round and was getting his ass handed to him, so his only chance was to try to get it to the ground and finish it somehow there, which wouldn't have made a difference.
imanidiot777
12/13/09 5:07:08PM
These are the most lopsided statistics I have ever seen. I'd imagine Anderson Silva could have had numbers like these if he didn't finish all of his dominating fights in the first or second round.
State_Champ
12/13/09 5:12:18PM
I want BJ vs Eddie Alvarez!
MMA_Alex
12/13/09 5:18:31PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I honestly think that guys like Florian and Diego and Sherk would tool Aoki and, more than likely, would beat every other LW whose name isn't BJ Penn.
grappler0000
12/13/09 5:31:13PM

Posted by MisterFreeze

...I was actually getting annoyed with Diego continuously trying to take BJ down!! It was clearly never going to work and yet thats what Diegos corner continued to tell him to do...!!??!? Time for Diego to find new cornermen. I mean seriously, his corner might as well have told him "Just keep running into his fist with your face Diego, you'll hurt him eventually!"

Well, either attempt a takedown or run your face into his fist...in all honesty, that were the options that his corner had. Maybe they figured the hammer fists while attempting the takedown would hurt less.
copcopps
12/13/09 7:01:08PM
and I take back anything I said about BJ's bad striking
StorminYourman
12/15/09 12:45:02AM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I dought either of those guys are anywhere close to BJ's level.While Aoki has decent BJJ his standup is nowhere close to Penn's and his takedowns would be nil in this match up.Aoki would get destoyes in the first round unless he pulled a Kenflo and kept his distance the whole time.As for Hansen he would probaly get submittted.
The guy to beat BJ would be like a mini-Crocop(of old).Someone with K-1 level standup with KO potential and great takedown defense.This guy does not exist yet I believe in MMA's lightweights.
BJ is the best MMA lightweight we have ever seen.He is years ahead of the MMA evolution.At this weightclass their is no present true competition.
Next up for BJ should be him versus Fitch.