Acceptable Bets (UFC 67)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Acceptable Bets (UFC 67)
MartyMorgy
2/8/07 9:26:08PM
If people made even money bets on the crocop fight are these going to be ruled against or left alone. Or silva lutter even money bets. If someone put 500 vs 500 on silva vs lutter that is kinda bs.

The new rules should cover this from now on.
xthe_scottx
2/8/07 9:40:11PM
500 vs 500 on Silva vs Lutter wasn't bs. Lutter had somewhat of a chance and if he had gotten lucky, he may have won. And also, If the amount on CC vs Sanchez was a small bet with even odds (like 20 vs 20), that really can't be called bs either though they should be getting better odds. I do agree with you though that the new rules should help against things like 10 on CC against 400 on sanchez.
MartyMorgy
2/8/07 10:00:30PM
Also, what happens when bets have already been set up but the % changes. What if bets have already been put in place then later you see that it would not be in compliance? This is why I think there needs to be a way to retract bets via approval by both sides or have it based on something else. People that place bets a long time in advance might not comply a month later.

MartyMorgy
2/8/07 10:05:53PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

500 vs 500 on Silva vs Lutter wasn't bs. Lutter had somewhat of a chance and if he had gotten lucky, he may have won. And also, If the amount on CC vs Sanchez was a small bet with even odds (like 20 vs 20), that really can't be called bs either though they should be getting better odds. I do agree with you though that the new rules should help against things like 10 on CC against 400 on sanchez.

I have seen people that bet 100 even money on CC vs ES. This early in the game when you start with $500 that is a lot of free money. I think all bets that were even money on the cc fight no matter how small they were should be nullified.
xthe_scottx
2/9/07 1:42:50AM
Oh well, either way i think the new rules are a much needed and good addition to this site.
nellyhiphophead
2/9/07 2:00:29PM
don't worry guys you get to keep your cash even if you had wagers made on this up coming pride or ufc befor they put the new rules were made stay how they are.