Academy Award Nominees

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Academy Award Nominees
TeamDEY
1/12/13 1:36:54PM
Really disappointed in the nominees this year. Can't believe the Oscars snubbed Dicaprio for Django (yet Christopher Waltz was nominated) and especially Ben Afflec for director. Also I was surprised The Master was not nominated for best picture as well. I don't know what the hell the Academy is thinking sometimes.
FlashyG
1/12/13 1:56:48PM
Affleck not getting nominated for Directing Argo was a surprise as was Kathrine Bigelow's omission but DiCaprio was a victim of a really strong year for Best Actor Nominees.

Every one of the nominees was deserving of their nomination and John Hawkes was probably also ahead of DiCaprio in the category.

The Master would have won had the awards been held a few months ago but movies that come out nearer to the award show tend to be more memorable to voters.

I was actually impressed that they nominated Denzel Washington for Flight, that movie wasn't anything special but he was outstanding as a drunk.
Twenty20Dollars
1/12/13 2:00:39PM
Phoenix winning best actor would be awkward, considering he hates the awards show.

I still need to see most of these.

My guess is Silver Linings Playbook takes Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Actress.
prozacnation1978
1/12/13 3:59:46PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Phoenix winning best actor would be awkward, considering he hates the awards show.

I still need to see most of these.

My guess is Silver Linings Playbook takes Best Picture, Best Actor and Best Actress.

No way in hell Daniel day lewis loses that award for best actor. Best picture may be Lincoln

Biggest Oscar snubb was alffleck and bigelow for director
John hawkes for best actor
airkerma
1/12/13 4:24:44PM
Who cares? These awards are bestowed to more ridiculous contestants than the mma awards.
Bubbles
1/12/13 4:37:28PM

Posted by airkerma

Who cares? These awards are bestowed to more ridiculous contestants than the mma awards.

or the Teen Choice Awards
shaneTpain
1/12/13 4:47:46PM
Cant believe they didnt pick The Hobbit or Moonerise Kingdom for best pic!! OR best actor/actress! A couple cinematography noms??! GIMME A BREAK
TeamDEY
1/12/13 5:35:03PM

Posted by shaneTpain

Cant believe they didnt pick The Hobbit or Moonerise Kingdom for best pic!! OR best actor/actress! A couple cinematography noms??! GIMME A BREAK

Moonrise Kingdom agreed... The Hobbit eh.......
prozacnation1978
1/14/13 7:25:35AM
Affleck is making the academy look like a bunch of dumb shits
JoeWarren33
1/15/13 1:34:34AM
Django SHOULD win best picture!
Horrible to see Tarantino not nominated for Best Director.
A shame Leonardo couldnt be up there with Waltz for supporting (both deserve it)