Aaron Simpson NOT released by UFC, fights Josh Burkman at World Series of Fighting 2

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aaron Simpson NOT released by UFC, fights Josh Burkman at World Series of Fighting 2
FastKnockout
2/13/13 3:53:15PM
Welterweight Aaron Simpson has joined World Series of Fighting, indicating that he was cut by the UFC following his October loss to Mike Pierce.

Link
tcunningham
2/13/13 4:02:15PM
he would be a great addition to bellator. after reading the article i am still not completely sure WTF is going on.
sparky
2/13/13 4:04:47PM

Posted by tcunningham

he would be a great addition to bellator. after reading the article i am still not completely sure WTF is going on.

Same TC I have no idea what is going on
FastKnockout
2/13/13 4:14:52PM
He's set to fight Burkman at WSOF but the UFC said they haven't released him. Could just be a one-off fight.
Budgellism
2/13/13 4:23:35PM
He should beat Burkman. This situation is kind of weird.
emfleek
2/13/13 4:39:54PM

Posted by FastKnockout

He's set to fight Burkman at WSOF but the UFC said they haven't released him. Could just be a one-off fight.

The story has been updated.

His contract was up after the Pierce fight and he wasn't offered a new one. He signed a 4-fight deal with WSOF.

Good pickup for them.
shaneTpain
2/13/13 4:52:26PM
So his contract expired & they didn't re-sign him... I'd say thats the same as being released! Why would his douchey manager tell people he wasn't released! UGHHHHH

Simpson had a good UFC run, even stringing together a 3 fight streak.. of course a super boring very forgettable 3 fight win streak... in fact all I remember of Simpson is his KO losses to Mike Pierce & Chris Leben

. Oh well he'll probably thrive in WSOF!
prozacnation1978
2/13/13 4:58:31PM
Don't know why they didn't pick him up
Good pick up for wsof
grappler0000
2/13/13 5:47:11PM

Posted by shaneTpain

So his contract expired & they didn't re-sign him... I'd say thats the same as being released! Why would his douchey manager tell people he wasn't released! UGHHHHH

I haven't read the story yet, but it's probably just semantics. Not re-signing him could be as simple as both parties not agreeing on terms...and I'm sure he doesn't want people to confuse that with being cut.