Aaron Simpson Faces Mike Pierce in Welterweight Clash at UFC on FX 5

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aaron Simpson Faces Mike Pierce in Welterweight Clash at UFC on FX 5
lohmann
8/2/12 6:25:24AM
The fifth installment of the UFC's fight series on FX has another bout. Aaron Simpson will continue his welterweight campaign as he takes on veteran Mike Pierce as part of the UFC on FX 5 fight card. That event is set to be held October 5th at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota and will be headlined by a heavyweight clash between Travis Browne and Antonio Silva.

The match-up was confirmed by MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani.

link
sparky
8/2/12 8:02:20AM
Tough fight to make a pick for. My gut tells me Pierce by UD but its such a close fight.
airkerma
8/2/12 9:27:36AM
I think Pierce takes the UD here. This is a huge step up for Simpson at WW, and Pierce will probably wear him down and take him down...not sure about punishing him, but probably grinding away as he usually does.
george112
8/2/12 10:16:31AM
Badass fight imo

Gonna be a hard pick
Theoutlaw08
8/2/12 10:46:27AM
Could go either way. Could be a tough battle. I think Pierce will take it split.
prozacnation1978
8/2/12 11:01:14AM
This has decision written all over it
FastKnockout
8/2/12 1:13:42PM
Great fight. Going to be hell on deciding who to pick, though.
tcunningham
8/2/12 2:34:20PM
should be a great fight. i couldnt begin to try and make a decision on who wins. i dont see any KOTN coming out of it but it could be a stand up war between 2 wrestlers. i would like to see simpson win it though