700 BILLION DOLLAR BAILOUT

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 700 BILLION DOLLAR BAILOUT
Next Page »
POLL: Should the Goverment hand over $700,000,000
Yes it what needs to happen 39% (17)
NO, wellfare for the greedy 61% (27)
Kracker_Jap
9/24/08 2:30:38AM
I'm not sure how many have you watch the news or have an opinion on this great big load of crap.......

But have you heard of the 700 Billion dollar bail out for the stock market and banks????

Who the F*ck gets the blame for this??? Bush, Clinton, conservative or liberal?? As far as I'm conserned every body gets a little of the blame

I'm pissed really think about it $700 Billion for a country that only has about 300 Billion people that live in it Take 60% of that number and consider them home owners and the number shrinks to 180 billion shoot just cut the home owners a check and screw the banks......

I'm just ranting but if you have some insight or an opinion please give it, I will join a reasonable debate later
haggiswashere
9/24/08 3:02:20AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I'm not sure how many have you watch the news or have an opinion on this great big load of crap.......

But have you heard of the 700 Billion dollar bail out for the stock market and banks????

Who the F*ck gets the blame for this??? Bush, Clinton, conservative or liberal?? As far as I'm conserned every body gets a little of the blame

I'm pissed really think about it $700 Billion for a country that only has about 300 Billion people that live in it Take 60% of that number and consider them home owners and the number shrinks to 180 billion shoot just cut the home owners a check and screw the banks......

I'm just ranting but if you have some insight or an opinion please give it, I will join a reasonable debate later

there isn't even 300 billion people in the world buddy. try 6 billion in the entire world. not meaning to be a dick, plus this info helps prove your point so ya.
DCRage
9/24/08 6:41:01AM
Wall Street and the mortgage industry are at fault. If it wasn't for all those subprime mortgages and overextending of credit we wouldn't be in this mess.
randompunter
9/24/08 9:54:26AM
Or it could be that people are to greedy and borrowed beyond there means .
three_days_of_grey
9/24/08 9:55:22AM
This bail-out stems from shady business practices, insider-trading, and fraud. Shaky mortgage deals were packaged together and sold as securities. Many mortgage lenders were doing on risky sub-prime and speculation, meaning borrowers didn't have to have the money up front. This should not be a surprise to anyone as the same shit (borrowing on speculation) was a major contributor to the (guess)......... Great Depression.
What pisses me off is that the government will bail the bastard CEO's of the companies (the same CEO's that earn millions in bonuses for running a company into the ground, mind you) and pass the tax burden onto Joe Public for generations to come. That should piss everyone off. And they will do it without any real criminal consequences.
White-collar crimes should be taken alot more seriously because the American public has just been raped. Without lube. Without protection. And WE are paying for it!! Example, we sent Martha Stewart to a ****** Woman's Retreat in the god-damned country where she still lived better than millions of Americans. And upon her release had immediate access to her fortune/lifestyle. These high-dollar, personal-jet bastards who do this need to be thrown in gen. pop after being publicly flogged Roman-style. Then maybe these Wall Street pansies would think twice about their practices. Also, make these executives pay back every single penny + interest.
So what does this bail-out teach executives?? **** it up, the gov'ment will bail you out and the people you screw will pay for it.

-OUT-
Kracker_Jap
9/24/08 11:23:36AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Kracker_Jap

there isn't even 300 billion people in the world buddy. try 6 billion in the entire world. not meaning to be a dick, plus this info helps prove your point so ya.

HA it was late and I was mad..... When I did a Wiki search on it I got the zeros mixed up

Damm that means I could pay off my house with the money......
stock
9/24/08 11:27:47AM
Here is an article written by Ron Paul that was posted on CNN yesterday.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/23/paul.bailout/index.html

It's only a page long, and is a very good read coming from a person that actually understands the economy.

I really wish this guy could be the one asking questions at the debates tonite. The truth would really come out that neither one of these clowns have absolutely no idea about the economy.
Kracker_Jap
9/24/08 11:32:56AM

Posted by stock

It's only a page long, and is a very good read coming from a person that actually understands the economy.

I really wish this guy could be the one asking questions at the debates tonite. The truth would really come out that neither one of these clowns have absolutely no idea about the economy.

For the LAZY

Thanks stock good read
iwannabesedated
9/24/08 12:36:42PM
700 billion dollars could buy every american 2,000 apple pies from Mcdonalds.
dannyfrank
9/24/08 2:36:23PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

700 billion dollars could buy every american 2,000 apple pies from Mcdonalds.

i still dont understand, can you put that in terms of tacos?
ncordless
9/24/08 3:56:50PM

Posted by stock

Doesn't Ron Paul want to return to the gold standard? Anybody who can say with a straight face that we should return to the gold standard doesn't know anything about the modern global economy.
stock
9/24/08 5:28:33PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by stock

Doesn't Ron Paul want to return to the gold standard? Anybody who can say with a straight face that we should return to the gold standard doesn't know anything about the modern global economy.

I cannot find any reference of him ever supporting that. I have also read his book in which he has no mention of that.
Being a pure capitalist, I could see him supporting the gold standard for small economies since you don't have the "faith" backing of a paper currency.
Do you have any evidence of him wishing to push legislation toward a gold standard in the US? Remember, there is a difference b/w believing in something and actually pushing for a change.

And he "doesn't know anything about the modern global economy" relative to who? Obama or McCain? Both of them have verbally proclaimed that they are not experts on the economy.
Kracker_Jap
9/24/08 6:34:57PM
McCain: Delay Debate; Obama Says No

Mccain trys to get Obama to do his job........
hippysmacker
9/26/08 8:26:58AM
I just listened to a debate today among 3 friends of mine, who all deal in finances( one way or another(citibank mgmt. , economist grad student, and financial services rep) and it was fascinating . These 3 rarely agree on anything, but all agree thsi is bad for the country the way Bush is proposing it. This is not my area of expertise, so i was content to listen, and ask a few questions. Scary stuff.
DCRage
9/26/08 12:17:58PM
The debate's on for tonight-McCain will participate-but they're still talking bailout deal. It's been all over the Capitol Hill newspapers (there are 3 such papers printed here, I have free access to them since I work on the Hill) and according to them the holdup now seems to be a group of renegade Republicans going against Bush's plan. I don't know who they are or their reasons but if this deal doesn't get done soon (if at all) that's probably why. I don't think it's affected me much if at all yet but I'm keeping an eye on all the bank mergers and the like to see if mine is affected. I don't think what little bit of retirement money I have will be affected much if at all since it's in a Federal retiree plan and I don't think any of it's invested in stocks or the like.
jiujitsufreak74
9/26/08 3:15:19PM
my view on the bail out can be summed up by this e-mail i received from my grandfather:

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

Instead, I'm in favor of giving $85,000,000,000 to America in a We Deserve It Dividend.

To make the math simple, let's assume there are 200,000,000 bonafide U.S. Citizens 18+.

Our population is about 301,000,000 +/- counting every man, woman
and child. So 200,000,000 might be a fair stab at adults 18 and up..

So divide 200 million adults 18+ into $85 billon that equals $425,000.00.

My plan is to give $425,000 to every person 18+ as a We Deserve It Dividend.

Of course, it would NOT be tax free.

So let's assume a tax rate of 30%.

Every individual 18+ has to pay $127,500.00 in taxes.

That sends $25,500,000,000 right back to Uncle Sam.

But it means that every adult 18+ has $297,500.00 in their pocket.

A husband and wife has $595,000.00.

What would you do with $297,500.00 to $595,000.00 in your family?

Pay off your mortgage - housing crisis solved.

Repay college loans - what a great boost to new grads

Put away money for college - it'll be there

Save in a bank - create money to loan to entrepreneurs.

Buy a new car - create jobs

Invest in the market - capital drives growth

Pay for your parent's medical insurance - health care improves

Enable Deadbeat Dads to come clean - or else

Remember this is for every adult U S Citizen 18+ including the folks
who lost their jobs at Lehman Brothers and every other company
that is cutting back. And of course, for those serving in our Armed
Forces.

If we're going to re-distribute wealth let's really do it...instead of trickling out
a puny $1000.00 ( "vote buy" ) economic incentive that is being proposed
by one of our candidates for President.

If we're going to do an $85 billion bailout, let's bail out every adult
U S Citizen 18+!

As for AIG - liquidate it.

Sell off its parts.

Let American General go back to being American General.

Sell off the real estate.

Let the private sector bargain hunters cut it up and clean it up.

Here's my rationale. We deserve it and AIG doesn't.

Sure it's a crazy idea that can "never work."

But can you imagine the Coast-To-Coast Block Party!

How do you spell Economic Boom?

I trust my fellow adult Americans to know how to use the $85 Billion

We Deserve It Dividend more than I do the geniuses at AIG or in
Washington DC .

And remember, The Birk plan only really costs $59.5 Billion because
$25.5 Billion is returned instantly in taxes to Uncle Sam.

Ahhh...I feel so much better getting that off my chest.

Kindest personal regards,

Birk

T. J. Birkenmeier, A Creative Guy & Citizen of the Republic
DCRage
9/29/08 2:19:54PM
The're voting on it now. The House is holding it open because if it ended as of the last count, the bill is dead. Reuters said that at 1:55 PM ET it's 226 No to 207 Yes. 218 Yes votes are needed to pass.

Edit: THE BAILOUT BILL HAS BEEN REJECTED. More to come.

2nd Edit: Final vote tally: 228 No, 205 Yes.
Kracker_Jap
9/30/08 1:25:06AM
Have the people spoken????

What will happen now??

Old Nancy P sher sounded like a B****
DCRage
9/30/08 6:51:07AM
They'll probably try again. Dubya's to make a statement in about 2 hours (8:45 AM ET) then we'll see what happens. The earliest another vote could happen probably is Thursday as that's when the House is to next meet (off today & tomorrow for Jewish holidays). Hoyer (House majority leader, also my local Representative) claims the House isn't leaving for elections until this is done so there's pressure to get something done quickly. We'll see.
Jackelope
9/30/08 8:30:16AM
The people have spoken. They don't want to bail out the fat cats. Screw the bill, put on the devil horns and ride this thing flaming to the ground.
Kracker_Jap
9/30/08 11:29:53AM
Old Newt G has a different answer to the problem were wallstreet pays for there own bail out via an insurrance program....

I would like to learn more about that answer

I do not support the tax payers paying for the damm ass bill
RampageOwnedYou
9/30/08 9:20:12PM
How about blaming you people who voted Bush, and the rest of the Republicans up to this point, to lead your country. Well at least you thought, right?

Take a look at the Republicans votes from the white house, they all basically want to see you people struggle. Almost 60% of them voted for this to happen. At least the democrates voted a yes, and tried to stop this from continuing. The Republican party does not care, they all got your votes at what time or another. Now they have taken your money, and are leaving you all to fight for yourself, and struggle. So rather than try and point the finger, maybe to YOU PEOPLE who voted for republic. You should blame yourself, for part of this mess.
Dont mean to be a dick, but its the truth!
iwannabesedated
9/30/08 9:25:40PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

How about blaming you people who voted Bush, and the rest of the Republicans up to this point, to lead your country. Well at least you thought, right?

Take a look at the Republicans votes from the white house, they all basically want to see you people struggle. Almost 60% of them voted for this to happen. At least the democrates voted a yes, and tried to stop this from continuing. The Republican party does not care, they all got your votes at what time or another. Now they have taken your money, and are leaving you all to fight for yourself, and struggle. So rather than try and point the finger, maybe to YOU PEOPLE who voted for republic. You should blame yourself, for part of this mess.

I dont think its necessarily one party to blame.The ones at blame are the greedy people involved wether its democrat or republican.
Kracker_Jap
9/30/08 10:11:04PM

Sucks to be wrong.....

95 Democrates voted no....... All they needed was twelve votes

Granted more Republicans voted against it....

But if it was good of an idea the dems could have voted it in themselves, but they didn't cuz for once the goverment listened to the people
Jackelope
9/30/08 10:12:56PM

This is the kind of political finger pointing we're trying to avoid on this site. It stirs up anger within people and leads down a road we don't want to see threads go. So please be careful how you word this kind of thing when you present it (whether it's true or not) and if at all possible you should post facts from credible sites backing up claims.
Kracker_Jap
9/30/08 10:22:04PM
OwnedbyRampage guy watch this video if you want to blame some one

The MarshMellows tell it how it was
RampageOwnedYou
9/30/08 11:55:41PM

OwnedbyRampage guy watch this video if you want to blame some one

lol good one bro....funny stuff.

I appologize to you guys, but I do get pretty upset when it comes to this crap. Funny thing im not even american. Im Ex Army, i.e Canadian. So i guess i see it from both sides. But I am just not impressed with alot that i see from the government side of things in both countries. But lets be honest here, these guys are here because people voted for them.
But you guys know me, im pretty open and dont hold back nothing.

So I appologize...

anyone want a hug?
Jackelope
10/1/08 12:58:33AM
Hell man it's still a valid point you make about ALL the elected officials. That's what I meant when I said the people have spoken. Americans are growing tired of this quagmire of a political process our leaders keep putting us in. The blame lies on both sides of the fence, really. Until we really start cleaning house this crap is going to be a continuing process. So no need to apologize really, it's just that you make a valid point but come across much better spoken when you do it in a sensical manner. As a side benefit you don't piss everyone off by spouting partisan nonsense

Mark my words- this bailout plan and all the crap going on right now is going to infuse power back into the people if we make our voices heard. So yeah, I'm pointing at you politicians of both sides- we're on to your crap and we've about had enough.
cmill21
10/1/08 1:04:47AM
I' just pissed off because now my dad wants to wait to see how this effects our economy before going into business with me. What I want to know is how the hell does spending more money get you out of debt?
iwannabesedated
10/1/08 1:05:37AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Sucks to be wrong.....

95 Democrates voted no....... All they needed was twelve votes

Granted more Republicans voted against it....

But if it was good of an idea the dems could have voted it in themselves, but they didn't cuz for once the goverment listened to the people

But isnt ironic that Mccain supported and favered this bailout plan and then his own republican party votes against it..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4