411Mania Interviews Tito Ortiz

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 411Mania Interviews Tito Ortiz
nubby
6/28/07 6:54:13PM
411Mania Interviewed Tito Ortiz. He talks a lot about his upcoming fight with Rashad Evans, his preparation for the fight and his future with the UFC. There is a brief discussion about a possible Fighters Union, which Ortiz said he wouldn't mind running.

411 Mania
buckndro
6/28/07 8:07:01PM
Shall be good fight and i hope he stays with ufc seeing as he has been with them for so long as he says "a posterboy" for ufc for so long
Btews22
6/28/07 11:02:31PM
i am excited to see a ufc legend compete and am favoring him over evens i think the fighters should unionise the top fighters should make more money
ProfessorChaos
6/28/07 11:13:07PM
As much as giving the fighters more money sounds, it is not a good thing overall. If they start giving everyone huge money then they will not be able to keep every single superstar. They'd have to pick which stars to have and the rest would go elsewhere. Right now they get paid poorly, but we get dream matchups. Sucks for the fighters but it's great for us.

Plus, all unions suck and should be abolished.
TOMMYAYO05
6/29/07 1:31:19AM
I would really like to see the union happen,Dana White takes advantages of the fighters and does not pay them enough.i think ortiz would be the perfect candidate to run this operation.
hippysmacker
6/29/07 2:39:18AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I would really like to see the union happen,Dana White takes advantages of the fighters and does not pay them enough.i think ortiz would be the perfect candidate to run this operation.

Since Tito's not well liked by a lot of fighter's I disagree. I think Couture when he retires would be best. He actaullly mentioned this on the beatdown right after the Sylvia fight. He said it would have to be someone with nothing to lose. Since he would be at the end of his career, it would make sense. Plus, everyone likes and trust him, except for maybe Tito
nubby
6/29/07 11:02:35AM
Tito likes Couture, I think it's Couture that doesn't like Tito. I wouldn't mind them having another fight. But at the same time I think Tito needs to train with Couture and learn from him in order to take his wrestling to the next level.