3rd Round Selections get points for correct round ending

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » 3rd Round Selections get points for correct round ending
Wolfenstein
2/1/09 2:18:54PM
Just something I've noticed in some other MMA fantasy games...say you pick an ending like 3rd round TKO, but the fight goes to a decision, shouldn't you still get points for picking the correct round ending?

I've noticed at other sites like UFC.com, they give you the correct round ending points. What do other people think about adding this to the playground scoring? I mean in the future obviously.
Styles
2/1/09 2:25:35PM
I think adding the rounds in would be a great idea.... alot of the times, the points are so close, time to mix it up just a bit and make it just a little bit harder.
FrankTheTank1181
2/1/09 2:40:27PM
To me a decision doesn't end in the 3rd round it ends after the third, so I danno.
grappler0000
2/1/09 2:48:50PM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

To me a decision doesn't end in the 3rd round it ends after the third, so I danno.

But a fight doesn't have to end between bells to be attributed to that round...for example Machida's and GSP's victories.
RampageOwnedYou
2/1/09 4:05:47PM
This isn't fair in my eyes. You have a huge advantage picking 3rd round tko or sub. So you get points for it ending in the round you thought it would which you should. BUT IF It goes to a decision you get point too. How is this fair?

Id be happy if it goes to this rule, because ill just go 3rd round majority of the time.
Jackelope
2/1/09 4:51:30PM
It's not something I'd get behind. For many more reasons than I care to try and explain right now lol
FrankTheTank1181
2/1/09 5:32:19PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

But a fight doesn't have to end between bells to be attributed to that round...for example Machida's and GSP's victories.

Yeah I was thinking about that right after I posted.
FlashyG
2/1/09 11:24:38PM
I don't think you should get rewarded the full 2 points you would get for the right round selection

Say you had a fighter picked to win a Unanimous Dec and he wins a split should people who picked him to finish the fight in the third be rewarded the same?

at most they should get 1 point or just keep it the same.