Did anyone see 300 yet? and what did you think

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Did anyone see 300 yet? and what did you think
www-WeLoan-us
4/12/07 7:53:39AM
Excellent movie...reminded me alot of Troy , but alot more action....
Stickan
4/12/07 8:31:23AM
Here are some opinions on it. It sounds like a great movie. I'm going to go watch it later today .

other thread
Mastodon2
4/12/07 9:10:13AM
Ive already seen it, its a fantastic movie, definitely one worth seeing. Fantastic action scenes, and for once, a movie based around a war that actually has plenty of action, unlike certain war movies (Troy).
disorderlyvision
4/12/07 12:45:52PM
i thought it was decent, but it wasn't as good as i expected. it was slow in the beginning and took a while to get into it. the last half of the movie was pretty good though.
nate22
4/12/07 1:13:49PM
A let down considering how good Sin City was, but an above average film all the same.
ffforgottenx
4/12/07 2:03:52PM
i loved it.. lots of action with splurges of comedy thrown in at just the right moment (like when they are all laughing while millions of arrows are hitting their shields).. good story.. excellent cinematography.. definately recommended
deadcore
4/12/07 2:52:00PM

Posted by nate22

A let down considering how good Sin City was, but an above average film all the same.

frank miller didn't have much to do with 300. he had alot to do with Sin City.
fugitive
4/12/07 5:44:59PM
Loved it. Great movie.
Stickan
4/12/07 9:10:45PM
I had really high expectations on this film and most of them were fulfilled.
It was a strong reminder that I need to start taking my weightlifting a little bit more seriously ...

It's not a movie you wanna see with your girlfriend though... especially not if you're the jealous type that's for sure.
nate22
4/13/07 8:17:41AM

Posted by deadcore

Posted by nate22

frank miller didn't have much to do with 300. he had alot to do with Sin City.

Does this explain why one is significantly better than the other?
MMA117
4/17/07 5:23:43AM
Its Fuckin sick The whole flick is on tubezoom.com
MethodMan
4/17/07 8:54:34AM
I liked the movie but it needs some correction:

'This is sparta' followed by a guy being kicked down a well.

In the same accent but sounding a liitle more at home.

'This is Glasgo sonny jim' followed by the guy being given a glasweigen kiss.
Mastodon2
4/17/07 3:09:37PM
Should have got Rab C Nesbitt in to play King Leonidus
hippysmacker
4/18/07 4:24:56PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

i loved it.. lots of action with splurges of comedy thrown in at just the right moment (like when they are all laughing while millions of arrows are hitting their shields).. good story.. excellent cinematography.. definately recommended

Said it all
pv3Hpv3p
4/18/07 4:32:23PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Or when he was eating the apple post-battle, stepping over bodies with his homies killin whoever wasn't all the way dead yet, and he says something like: "Well we've got to be civilized"... That was good
www-WeLoan-us
4/18/07 5:56:02PM
what about in the beginning when he partners up with the other soldiers and the guy goes I brought more soldiers than you.........looks around....sir what do you do?? I am a blacksmith.....OK.....AND WHAT ABOUT YOU.......I am a potter sir......OK WHAT ABOUT YOU......I am a carpenter.........SPARTAAAAAAAA WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION!!!!!! ROAARHHHHHHHHHHH ARGOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ......SEE I BROUGHT MORE SOLDIERS THAN YOU....