MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 300
« Previous Page
Gogoplata
3/11/07 8:06:26PM
Great flick, seeing it again sometime this week on the DLP at the most updated theater in our area.

"I brought more soldiers than you, Arcadian."

TonyDanza
3/11/07 10:31:02PM
Made an estimated 70 million.
ffforgottenx
3/12/07 11:01:47AM
excellent movie
highly recommended
fedorwins1
3/12/07 8:43:22PM
That was awesome when the imortals were looking at the big wall of dead people and all of a sudden the spartans push it over and start slaughtering them.

I also like that one guy who's son got killed, when he was stabbed by the spear he pulls the spear into him so the guy holding it get closer then he just slices him.
loller90278
3/12/07 8:50:37PM
that actor (if im correct) was also the captain of the " " in troy, under brad pitts command
Svartorm
3/13/07 2:30:00AM
Mermadons.
pv3Hpv3p
3/13/07 2:34:05PM
That huge tree of dead people in the beginning, in the village that was destroyed, was badass...

I loved that huge leashed and chained guy that the immortals brought along with 'em... Best decapitation of the movie, IMO

Favorite line:

"Will you miss the battle because of that little scratch?"

"No, luckily the good lord blessed me with a spare" (while he is wrapping his lost eye)

Those guys were hard core...

Great movie, and I saw it on the IMAX in HD with great surround sound... It was awesome...
loller90278
3/13/07 9:49:32PM
anybody know how much this movie spent on advertising? probably one of the most expensive advertisingggg jobs ever.
fedorwins1
3/14/07 6:59:27PM
haha im going to see it again this weekend
ghosty82
3/14/07 7:20:20PM

Posted by Svartorm

Mermadons.

Myrmidons actually but close enough

I watched this tonight, was a pretty enjoyable movie. The Spartans were bad ass.
loller90278
3/15/07 2:21:16PM
who'd win..

achilles with the myrmidans or leonidas with the 300 ?

i got money on achilles.
roadking95th
3/17/07 12:03:55AM
Plan on seeing it if it ever comes to the IMAX near me. If not..ummm guess I'll wait until it comes out on DVD. Can't stand the teeny boppers at the regular movies. Going to be clenching my teeth through out the historical inaccuracies though
xchickox
3/17/07 2:45:55PM
Just watched this, so impressed with it, probably the best film i've seen so far this year and its probably the best mythological/war film i've ever seen
deadcore
3/17/07 6:34:00PM
the 300 were legendary not myths
xchickox
3/18/07 11:17:51AM
yeah you know what i meant that kind of film...like troy, alexander etc etc, miles better than any of them
loller90278
3/18/07 2:23:58PM

Posted by xchickox

yeah you know what i meant that kind of film...like troy, alexander etc etc, miles better than any of them

they're called "epics"
FedorIsTheBest
3/23/07 2:19:17AM
300 is the next best movie I've ever seen next to Braveheart.
It was over stylized.
I mean the styling was overdone like when the old lepers watch the woman dance and lick her face.

I just wish it was more realistic, where fit warriors showed great skill and fights that looked realistic. Cause the fights in this movie were fantastical. It was like a ninja movie only with spartans instead.

VEry good movie overall. At the beginning I was like WTF is this? In the middle I was like YEah! and in the end my heart shattered.

**** man that was a good movie. But I still think Braveheart takes the cake because it had more realistic battles.
pv3Hpv3p
3/23/07 3:14:32PM

Posted by FedorIsTheBest

It was over stylized.
I mean the styling was overdone like when the old lepers watch the woman dance and lick her face.

I just wish it was more realistic, where fit warriors showed great skill and fights that looked realistic. Cause the fights in this movie were fantastical. It was like a ninja movie only with spartans instead.

VEry good movie overall. At the beginning I was like WTF is this? In the middle I was like YEah! and in the end my heart shattered.

**** man that was a good movie. But I still think Braveheart takes the cake because it had more realistic battles.

It really was amazing what Braveheart did, with seemingly so little of the gimicky special effects... It also had a little more complicated story line...

What I did like better about the 300 was that I didn't have to sit in an uncomfortable-ass movie theater for 3 hours like way too many moies make you do nowadays...
loller90278
3/23/07 6:39:46PM

Posted by FedorIsTheBest

It was over stylized.

it's based on a comic book, so its based on history, but has a twist. so it wouldn't be really realistic, per se. but it sticks very closely to the comic.
FedorIsTheBest
3/23/07 11:33:46PM

Posted by loller90278

it's based on a comic book, so its based on history, but has a twist. so it wouldn't be really realistic, per se. but it sticks very closely to the comic.

Where was the twist?
Rush
3/24/07 9:47:24PM
300 was ok. Fights were neat and there were a couple funny parts. I wished there was more in terms of story. I wanted more history and substance. Oh well, can't have it all.
Pages: 1 [2]