MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » 2044
prophecy033
6/2/12 12:47:04PM
Do you know what that number represents? If not, ill tell you. That is the number of people who made picks for this last event (TUF 15 Finale) and it is also the lowest number of pickers the site has ever had for a event. This bothers me pretty bad. We used to have over 7,000 in the early days. I'm hoping the numbers start to rise again
Chael_Sonnen
6/2/12 12:49:13PM
At first I thought that was what Anderson was weighing right now
prophecy033
6/2/12 12:58:30PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

At first I thought that was what Anderson was weighing right now

kopower
6/2/12 1:13:39PM
I had to do a double take when I looked at the number of pickers for earnings and points. I'm hoping the quick turn around for events, and a Friday night had something to do with it. I've also noticed another site I make picks on has slowly dwindled down. In fact, they didn't even have a card to pick for the TUF finale the other night.

Hopefully things turn around, or don't keep slipping. This is by far my favorite site, mma and non mma related.
emfleek
6/2/12 1:21:21PM
Yeah, it sucks but there's hope on the way. Trust me!
prophecy033
6/2/12 1:26:12PM

Posted by emfleek

I'm glad to hear that Fleek
DoTheMMAth
6/2/12 3:27:39PM

Posted by emfleek

There's several major things in the works, and they will all be released at the same time. Ground has been broken on them as of Friday. Speaking of time, it's gonna take some time to get them all done, so any patience you can spare is greatly appreciated. I know that between some ugly site drama (not gonna mention names or blame anyone but myself), downtime thanks to a shit-ass ISP, and a poor effort at a re-design - you guys have put up with a lot. I offer you my humble apologies for all of this stuff, and hope that we can make it up to you all.
Poor_Franklin
6/2/12 3:35:21PM
i think it being a TUF event & being on a Friday probably took a lot of people out

also....

im curious to know one thing. w/ the UFC pumping out so many events lately, has it helped or hurt the site w/ pick #s?

i could see where more events could be better, but it also could hurt the site bc some users might find it exhausting to remember to make picks every week. just curious.
Poor_Franklin
6/2/12 3:41:36PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

I hope that we can make it up to you all.

prophecy033
6/2/12 3:50:16PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by emfleek

There's several major things in the works, and they will all be released at the same time. Ground has been broken on them as of Friday. Speaking of time, it's gonna take some time to get them all done, so any patience you can spare is greatly appreciated. I know that between some ugly site drama (not gonna mention names or blame anyone but myself), downtime thanks to a shit-ass ISP, and a poor effort at a re-design - you guys have put up with a lot. I offer you my humble apologies for all of this stuff, and hope that we can make it up to you all.

I'm excited to know what these new things are. The times the site was down made me wonder if it was just my connection but found out it was to improve the site so that put my mind to rest. No need to apologize DTM, the things on the horizon will be worth it I'm sure
jae_1833
6/2/12 3:50:44PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by DoTheMMAth

I hope that we can make it up to you all.

I will take a can of Copenhagen, your credit card number for the next ppv,and your first born then we are good again, until that happens....
pmoney
6/2/12 5:56:19PM
I've been wondering why the picks have been going down. Since I've been here the overall season numbers have went down a good bit. I don't know why. I like the site, I like the redesign, the podcast is awesome... I've never made picks on other sites, but I have seen some of the scoring methods, and I just think this fantasy game is the best. It's simple, yet the level of competition is so tough. I had one event with 94 points and one event with 95 points and I was ranked in the 40s and 50s for each event!

I do have some friends who maybe make 1/3 of their picks for the year, or just for the bigger events, and they all want an app. I guess apps are all the rage now, no one wants to go to a website

I can't wait to see what you guys are gonna roll out! I'm sure you'll get the numbers back, bigger than ever.
Bubbles
6/2/12 7:17:35PM
I wonder if that week where no one could access the site for longer than 10 minutes resulted in some of the casuals to leave
Shawn91111
6/2/12 8:39:38PM
TUF finales always have the least people picking.
infestructure
6/2/12 9:52:02PM
I joined not so long ago, and really got the feeling this site was a bit of a ghost town, like it had been really big, but for some plague had just hit, leaving a few ragged and hardy survivors the few people left seemed like truly good MMA fans, not like the legions on angry teenagers on other sites, so I joined anyway.

A few weeks later, and it's where I spend most of my MMA related time. I really enjoy the fact there are fewer people, as you know your post won't be lost amongst thousands of others.Plus I like the prop system, a great way to share recognition for valued insights.

More people would be great, but not too many.

p.s. Quite often I am tempted not to place picks when I don't really know who is fighting who, and this is especially evident in the TUF finales and smaller shows. Is it hazardous to your record not to make all your picks?
Budgellism
6/2/12 10:38:17PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by emfleek

Take all the time in the world man, you're the glue that holds this playground together . I look forward to whatever you guys have going on behind the scenes.
DoTheMMAth
6/2/12 11:35:25PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by emfleek

Take all the time in the world man, you're the glue that holds this playground together . I look forward to whatever you guys have going on behind the scenes.

Mods and quality members is the glue, not the semi-unreliable code monkey. Thank you for the kind words though
Poor_Franklin
6/3/12 1:06:07PM

Posted by infestructure
Is it hazardous to your record not to make all your picks?

dont think so, but no one likes a cherry picker
Shawn91111
6/3/12 6:09:05PM

Posted by infestructure

Is it hazardous to your record not to make all your picks?

Yes it is to your fight camp. Its better for your camp if you make no picks at all. If you make 7 out of 10 it hurts them for that event with how the rankings are applied.

But since we all enjoy your camp leader by all means only make a few picks.