2013 NHL Season thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2013 NHL Season thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Bubbles
1/22/13 4:45:21PM

Posted by iwannabesedated
I have 110% faith in Shero...Only knock is not developing a true top 6 winger..But Beau Bennett looks promising just needs to put on some pounds.

with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz, you can put any slug out there and they will play well. Matt Cooke turned out to be a half decent hockey player.
40ouncetofreedom
1/23/13 8:16:22AM

Posted by Bubbles

I have 110% faith in Shero...Only knock is not developing a true top 6 winger..But Beau Bennett looks promising just needs to put on some pounds.

with Malkin, Crosby, Neal and Kunitz, you can put any slug out there and they will play well. Matt Cooke turned out to be a half decent hockey player.

Same can be said for most teams though, Take most teams top 4 and they're pretty impressive.

Tarasenko from STL be interesting to see if he keeps this up...Kids on a tear.
Bubbles
1/24/13 12:24:11AM

Posted by the-king

bruins just gave the rangers the buisness and i loved every minuet of it

Rangers beat the Bruins...suck it

also at the Leafs beating the Penguins
40ouncetofreedom
1/24/13 8:12:40AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by the-king

bruins just gave the rangers the buisness and i loved every minuet of it

Rangers beat the Bruins...suck it

also at the Leafs beating the Penguins

Pens played shitty. Exactly, as to why i like Sid more than Geno, if you hit Geno and fuck with him he loses his game and his mental state goes to shit.It appeared to be the case last night, Had some ugly turnovers...from most the team.You can't leave your goalie hanging like that.

I believe the 2-1 Pens did put up a 6 burger on your Rangers...
Bubbles
1/24/13 8:40:25AM

Pens played shitty. Exactly, as to why i like Sid more than Geno, if you hit Geno and fuck with him he loses his game and his mental state goes to shit.It appeared to be the case last night, Had some ugly turnovers...from most the team.You can't leave your goalie hanging like that.

NHL math after Saturday will show Rangers > Leafs > Penguins
Franklinfan47
1/24/13 10:35:30AM
Take that Sindy Crosbytch!

Next up:

Those punk ass rangers! Even I must admit that was a beauty from Gaborik last night.
40ouncetofreedom
1/24/13 10:40:13AM

Posted by Bubbles

NHL math after Saturday will show Rangers > Leafs > Penguins

NHL Standings after saturday will show

Pens > Rags
Bubbles
1/24/13 11:57:09AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Even I must admit that was a beauty from Gaborik last night.

which one?
goal 1 or goal 3?
Bubbles
1/27/13 5:23:03PM
couple days behind but @ Pittsburgh blowing a 2-0 lead to the Jets. Winnipeg is now my #2 destination to watch an NHL game, that place is crazy.

@ the Leafs for blowing a 2-0 lead to my Rangers

Patrick Marleau is the best player in the NHL

Washington is now the only team without a win
FlashyG
1/27/13 6:17:46PM

Posted by Bubbles

is 4 games enough to award him that title?

The guy has nearly been run out of San Jose every year before this one.

Also Washington won today, so there are no winless teams in the league anymore
Bubbles
1/27/13 7:33:02PM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

is 4 games enough to award him that title?

The guy has nearly been run out of San Jose every year before this one.

Also Washington won today, so there are no winless teams in the league anymore

Of course not but it is fun to think about. The majority of people over react to anything of significance in the NHL, I wanna join in
40ouncetofreedom
1/28/13 8:14:56AM
48 game may benefit SJ as they tend to always do great in the regular season and trail off in the playoffs.
BuffaloDave
1/28/13 8:30:19PM
WTF is going on with my Sabres

Nobody can score but the 1st line.
Southside11
2/1/13 8:47:50AM

Pens > Rags

True statement, no math needed.
40ouncetofreedom
2/1/13 10:34:14AM

Posted by Southside11

Pens > Rags

True statement, no math needed.

@ Rangers 0-2 Against the Pens,

What a Goal by Crooooo I mean Despres making LOLundqvist look like a noob on that breakaway.Also, what a badass deflection by Neal on the PPG Crosby with a beauty shot.

I do like watching Nash play though.

and LOL and Paul Martin and Orpik shutting down the awesome GNR line.

Bubbles
2/1/13 11:53:08AM
I do recall King Henrik stopping a Crosbaby break away best player in the game my ass

It's still early into the "season" though, I'm not worried.

Senators vs Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals

Ovechkin finally got his first goal on a beauty wrister
KingCmb
2/1/13 11:53:48AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

jesus vanek can create plays and score though and john scotts a monster i mean thortie is as tough as they come and that giant just handled him
Bubbles
2/1/13 11:56:17AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Buffalo fleeced Vancouver in the Kassian for Hodgson trade
40ouncetofreedom
2/1/13 12:39:42PM

Posted by Bubbles

I do recall King Henrik stopping a Crosbaby break away best player in the game my ass

Hmm, i believe Crosby shot high and off net..Unless LOLqunvidst got a piece of it.He is still the best player in hockey regardless of what most of the haters say

No way Ottawa makes the cup finals. STL or Chicago in the west...Possibly SJ since it is a short season...The east..NJD or Pittsburgh.
FlashyG
2/1/13 1:27:38PM

Posted by Bubbles

With Spezza done for the season Ottawa will be in tough to even make the playoffs.
Bubbles
2/1/13 1:27:51PM

Hmm, i believe Crosby shot high and off net..Unless LOLqunvidst got a piece of it.He is still the best player in hockey regardless of what most of the haters say

No way Ottawa makes the cup finals. STL or Chicago in the west...Possibly SJ since it is a short season...The east..NJD or Pittsburgh.

Marleau = #1 until someone overtakes his points and goal lead

I'm being sarcastic, I don't believe Ottawa will make the conference finals, let alone the cup finals. It's going to be Bruins/Rangers vs Blackhawks/Canucks. Both Boston and NY are built for playoff style hockey. Pittsburgh will get out muscled and their team defense will suck again leaving them rely on Fleury to make key saves, which he wont. NJ might be able to go far pending on matchups and how much rest they get (like last season). Tampa could be a darkhorse is Lindback is hot come playoffs. In the west, SJ will choke as usual. St Louis could be there if Vancouver's offense is no where to be found come playoff time
Bubbles
2/1/13 1:33:05PM

Posted by FlashyG
With Spezza done for the season Ottawa will be in tough to even make the playoffs.

Even without Spezza they are 3rd best in their division at worst. He could be back for the last little bit of the season and give them that little boost, but teams like the Leafs and Islanders won't be anywhere near where they currently are by season's end. The Habs could very well tank too
40ouncetofreedom
2/1/13 2:24:38PM

Posted by Bubbles

Marleau = #1 until someone overtakes his points and goal lead

I'm being sarcastic, I don't believe Ottawa will make the conference finals, let alone the cup finals. It's going to be Bruins/Rangers vs Blackhawks/Canucks. Both Boston and NY are built for playoff style hockey. Pittsburgh will get out muscled and their team defense will suck again leaving them rely on Fleury to make key saves, which he wont. NJ might be able to go far pending on matchups and how much rest they get (like last season). Tampa could be a darkhorse is Lindback is hot come playoffs. In the west, SJ will choke as usual. St Louis could be there if Vancouver's offense is no where to be found come playoff time

C'mon meow, Marleau plays on a line with Thonrton and Pavelski, Crosby plays with Dupuis and Kunitz.Just because he's leading the point getter less than ten games into a season doesn't make him the best. Marleau Shit i can name 10/15 guys i'd take over him.
Bubbles
2/1/13 7:21:54PM
come on now, you actually believe I think Marleau is the best? I've already stated a few times Malkin is the best in the world
40ouncetofreedom
2/2/13 11:47:42AM

Posted by Bubbles

come on now, you actually believe I think Marleau is the best? I've already stated a few times Malkin is the best in the world

I've said it before and i wont be changed.I'd take Crosby over Geno.Crosby does all the little things.He's the best mucker in the game,Wins faceoffs,Doesn't take bad penalties,On the PK at times now, at the end or in faceoff situations.Defelects pucks like a boss, Doesn't get rattled mentally. Malkin may be a better back checker but i'd take Neal over both at that.Geno gets rattled and his game goes tshit, And he's been a turnover machine this year.I'm glad to have both,But call me a Sid nuthugger or what have you.Neither are playing to their potential though right now..Still a PPG for both.So far Vokoun,Martin and Despres have been the most impressive...They have 0 secondary scoring right now, Take away Geno,Sids and Neals goals an they have may 6 total.
BuffaloDave
2/2/13 12:07:40PM

Posted by the-king

Posted by BuffaloDave

jesus vanek can create plays and score though and john scotts a monster i mean thortie is as tough as they come and that giant just handled him

This is the best I seen Vanek play ever, he has had a few hot starts before, but he is playing like a top 5 player in the league right now. Pissed I missed the Scott/Thornton fight, was working during the 1st period.

Posted by Bubbs

Buffalo fleeced Vancouver in the Kassian for Hodgson trade

That trade worked out well for both teams, happy Kass is developing well up in Couver. Both guys are thriving in their 1st full year with their new teams
BuffaloDave
2/2/13 12:11:52PM

C'mon meow, Marleau plays on a line with Thonrton and Pavelski, Crosby plays with Dupuis and Kunitz.Just because he's leading the point getter less than ten games into a season doesn't make him the best. Marleau Shit i can name 10/15 guys i'd take over him.

Sorry, my boy Vanek is leading in the points category

15 to Marleau's 14
40ouncetofreedom
2/2/13 1:15:18PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Sorry, my boy Vanek is leading in the points category

15 to Marleau's 14

I believe Marleau was when i made that post.
BuffaloDave
2/4/13 8:12:47PM
Vanek with another 3 points yesterday afternoon, other than his line, the rest of the team sucks, 41pts for Vanek, Hodgson, Pominville. Rest of the team 18pts
Bubbles
2/4/13 8:50:06PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Vanek with another 3 points yesterday afternoon, other than his line, the rest of the team sucks, 41pts for Vanek, Hodgson, Pominville. Rest of the team 18pts

really happy I drafted Hodgson late in my draft
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6