2013 NHL Season thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2013 NHL Season thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
BuffaloDave
1/9/13 1:35:53PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave
Kovalchuck is a winger, and Grigo is a Center, so he would still be more like Geno, than Kovalchuck, just based on his position he plays.

I was going more based on puck handling and scoring ability. I don't know how he will be in the circle taking faceoffs or being a playmaker at the NHL level so I was comparing him to a general forward as opposed to position specific

either way, you should have a gem to watch for many years

Gotcha, if his game evolves to either one of those guys, I would be ecstatic.
BuffaloDave
1/9/13 5:33:24PM
Leafs fire Brian Burke
iwannabesedated
1/10/13 8:39:19AM
Looks like Pens Vs Flyers next saturday 3PM, Actually think it's a home and home so 2 Philly Games to start season..
Bubbles
1/10/13 9:59:11AM

Posted by iwannabesedated
Crosby did score the game winner in the gold medal game.He was hurt for most of the 2nd/3rd periods when they won the cup against Detroit and Talbot was the hero.Like Southside said, Malkin has his slumps where he appears lazy and doesn't motor like Sid.The Pens should be fine cap wise to re-sign Geno.Just depends on if he turns out to be another greedy euro chasing the $$ but i think him and his family enjoy Pittsburgh so i really don't think Shero and co will let him walk and if they don't feel like he'll resign i'd hope they'd move him at the deadline and fetch a hell of a return.

yeah he did score that goal but was a ghost between the first game vs USA and that goal. He wasn't even winning many faceoffs either.

I can't really comment on the day-to-day work ethics of Makin but that wouldn't surprise me. He already won the cup and leaving for more money has been done many times by American and Canadian players too.
Bubbles
1/10/13 10:02:06AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Leafs fire Brian Burke

I don't think a Leafs fan shed half a tear collectively. Very weird timing, and his replacement was his right hand man. Rumors are circulating, some from very credible sources, that the Luongo trade (or the refusal to trade for him due to asking price and length of contract) was the final straw
iwannabesedated
1/10/13 11:37:34AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

Leafs fire Brian Burke

I don't think a Leafs fan shed half a tear collectively. Very weird timing, and his replacement was his right hand man. Rumors are circulating, some from very credible sources, that the Luongo trade (or the refusal to trade for him due to asking price and length of contract) was the final straw

I seen the Nucks are letting out rumors on moving Lou to Philly but from what i've gathered it's fake to drive up the bargaining.
Bubbles
1/10/13 1:23:17PM

I seen the Nucks are letting out rumors on moving Lou to Philly but from what i've gathered it's fake to drive up the bargaining.

Bryzgalov for Luongo?
iwannabesedated
1/10/13 1:56:49PM

Posted by Bubbles

Bryzgalov for Luongo?

Not sure what was involved but it's basically BS, Just a ploy for other teams in the east to up their ante if they hear Philly is moving in....I guess the canucks PR put it out there...I follow a shit load of beat writers and so called "insiders" on twitter..Most are pretty accurate..some not..
Bubbles
1/10/13 6:10:20PM
Franklinfan47
1/10/13 11:37:21PM
Bubbles
1/11/13 12:05:01AM
iwannabesedated
1/11/13 8:03:23AM
Well Bubbles, Not sure yet but i've heard Pens 1 in Filthy then 1 in NY...Or a home and home with Filthy...So Possibly Pens Rags next sunday @ MSG ?.Hopefully the schedules are out saturday or sunday.
BuffaloDave
1/13/13 1:27:47PM
So Montreal is sending Gomez home for the year, he gets to sit on his ass and collect 7M, tough life.
FlashyG
1/13/13 2:08:48PM
You get 2/3 of your salary once you're bought out, so he'll get to sit on his ass for just under 5 million next year too.
Bubbles
1/13/13 2:49:07PM
was he amnestied or bought out?
FlashyG
1/13/13 3:26:29PM

Posted by Bubbles

was he amnestied or bought out?

He will be amnestied but I don't think you can do either until June. So they will pay him his full salary this year to stay away from the team.

In June they will likely Amnesty him which means they'll still owe him 2/3 of his remaining 4.5 million dollar salary (3 Million) but that money won't count against their cap.

If they bought him out using the normal buyout rules, he'd still get the 2/3 of his salary but it would be spread over twice the amount of years left on his contract.
Since Gomez would be on his last year they'd end up having to pay him 1.5 million for 2 years with that money counting against their cap.
BuffaloDave
1/15/13 12:13:53PM
So last night the Sabres held a scrimmage against themselves, open to the public at the arena, almost 11K people showed up!! Think Hockey was missed here??
iwannabesedated
1/19/13 7:28:34PM
suck on that Philly
the-king
1/20/13 8:55:15AM
bruins just gave the rangers the buisness and i loved every minuet of it
Bubbles
1/20/13 10:17:46PM
Jaromir Jagr 2 goals and 2 assists. He's almost 40 and still has more still than 3/4 of the league
iwannabesedated
1/21/13 8:05:47AM
Pens 2-0

Rags and Cryers 0-2

Good weekend for me
Bubbles
1/21/13 8:17:40AM

James Neal 2-0

fixed
iwannabesedated
1/21/13 9:00:09AM

Posted by Bubbles

James Neal 2-0

fixed

Shero pretty much raped Dallas in that trade.

Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski.

Bubbles
1/21/13 5:16:14PM
I was facepalming when that trade was announced. Neal + Benn would have been a sick combo for the next 10 years if Dallas could've ponied up a few extra dollars.
iwannabesedated
1/22/13 8:11:07AM

Posted by Bubbles

I was facepalming when that trade was announced. Neal + Benn would have been a sick combo for the next 10 years if Dallas could've ponied up a few extra dollars.

They still can't get Benn signed and lost Ribeiro.
Bubbles
1/22/13 8:47:24AM

Posted by Bubbles

well they did bring in Roy so I can understand trading Ribeiro. I don't understand the Benn holdout but it should be resolved soon
iwannabesedated
1/22/13 9:33:37AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Bubbles

well they did bring in Roy so I can understand trading Ribeiro. I don't understand the Benn holdout but it should be resolved soon

Mackenzie on NHLN last night said it's a difference of 200,000- 250,000 and the years. I believe Benn wants 3/4 and Stars are 5/6
Bubbles
1/22/13 10:00:33AM
so Benn wants out of Dallas asap
Bubbles
1/22/13 10:07:03AM
Superhero Hockey

How Toronto celebrated the end of the lockout
iwannabesedated
1/22/13 3:34:01PM

Posted by Bubbles

so Benn wants out of Dallas asap

Thats what Mackenzie and some of the "insiders" are saying.

Going to be interesting to see how it plays out with the big 3 that are holding out.

Subban
Benn
O'reilly

Blues rumored to be open to moving D'agostini and Stewart for picks and or D prospects...Something the Pens have both of....I'd take Stewart for the right moves...I have 110% faith in Shero...Only knock is not developing a true top 6 winger..But Beau Bennett looks promising just needs to put on some pounds.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6