2013 NFL Draft/Free-Agency Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2013 NFL Draft/Free-Agency Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
ncordless
3/13/13 5:36:56PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by kopower

We did, however, sign Jerome Simpson to another 1 year deal

Also released Antoine Winfield. He was one of the best tackling cb's I've ever witnessed play.

If you woke up tomorrow and Adrian Peterson was gone, that'd have to be the worst 3-day stretch to start free agency for any football city (Trade Harvin, Cut Winfield, Re-Sign Simpson, AP Gone).

I know it's not possible to happen, but I'd literally cry for you if it did.

Breaking News!: Jared Allen and Chad Greenway died in a car accident on I-35!

Actually, now would be a good time for them to get rid of AP. He is probably never going to have more value. If they could get a "Herschel Walker" deal they should jump on it. The Vikings have a couple nice pieces left, but overall they are lacking talent at every position.
Playground_Samurai
3/13/13 6:09:16PM
Welker to the Broncos. Another nice target for Manning. Loaded at receiver.
Bubbles
3/13/13 6:40:18PM
Broncos are winning the Superbowl this year. Baltimore has taken a step back, New England lost it's 2nd best player, Pittsburgh is hurting. Unless Houston makes a splash Denver has to be the early favourites to win the AFC
ncordless
3/13/13 6:48:04PM

Posted by Bubbles

Broncos are winning the Superbowl this year. Baltimore has taken a step back, New England lost it's 2nd best player, Pittsburgh is hurting. Unless Houston makes a splash Denver has to be the early favourites to win the AFC

I like Manning to Welker the more I think about it. For Manning, he really needs that TE/slot guy who can run routes and get open. He used Dallas Clark back in Indy for the same thing. Welker is probably the best in the league in the slot right now.
jay98107
3/13/13 8:31:42PM

Posted by Bubbles

Apparently Houston is speaking with Ed Reed, which could even the odds a little bit. They definitely need to improve their pass defense if they're going to come out of the AFC, they got shredded by elite quarterbacks consistently last year, and Manning having Welker is only going to make things tougher. The Broncos, on paper, look like they're head and shoulders above the rest of the AFC. Both teams in the AFC championship have downgraded while the Broncos have only gotten stronger.
jay98107
3/13/13 8:33:25PM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Bubbles

I like Manning to Welker the more I think about it. For Manning, he really needs that TE/slot guy who can run routes and get open. He used Dallas Clark back in Indy for the same thing. Welker is probably the best in the league in the slot right now.

It's a great move, Manning had the highest completion percentage in the slot out of anyone this year if I'm not mistaken, something like 72%. Having a guy that catches that many passes is huge, and it's going to open things up down field for a fast guy like Demariyus Thomas
cowcatcher
3/13/13 9:17:23PM
Toss in the fact that the Broncos have their eyes on Freeney so it looks like they want to improve on both sides of the ball. Then again the Eagles looked great on paper after singing all those free agents a couple years ago and it didn't work out, they didn't have the luxury of having an elite QB though.
jay98107
3/13/13 9:22:45PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Toss in the fact that the Broncos have their eyes on Freeney so it looks like they want to improve on both sides of the ball. Then again the Eagles looked great on paper after singing all those free agents a couple years ago and it didn't work out, they didn't have the luxury of having an elite QB though.

Or an offensive line to speak of. I really think a lot of the Eagles problems, including Vicks, stemmed from the most inept offensive line I've ever seen in my life. You gotta give the quarterback a little more time than that. And at least the Broncos showed some serious promise before making these moves, all the Eagles did was crush the Skins on MNF and lose in the wild card round before their huge free agent signings.
emfleek
3/13/13 9:22:52PM
In with a Diaz pic.

Michael_Corleone
3/13/13 11:23:53PM
KEEP REVIS!!!!!!!!
Ordep
3/14/13 7:20:56PM

Steven Jackson

Good replacement for Turner until Quizz or the next starter emerges . 3/$12M
spang714
3/15/13 12:39:21AM
My Cowboys have done jack fuck this off season...being mediocre is bad..but being ok with being mediocre is worse....get the fuck rid of doug free already...JERRY YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE...WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING????....sorry i get a little emotional...im gonna go get under the covers and sob
Playground_Samurai
3/15/13 3:37:28AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Yeah, but they're only looking to add Freeney if they can't keep hold of Dumervil. I could be mistaken, but that's the way I understood it. So not so much an improvement as remaining strong. Not a bad tradeoff at all, but mileage wise, i'd rather have Elvis.
jay98107
3/15/13 3:28:43PM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Posted by cowcatcher

Yeah, but they're only looking to add Freeney if they can't keep hold of Dumervil. I could be mistaken, but that's the way I understood it. So not so much an improvement as remaining strong. Not a bad tradeoff at all, but mileage wise, i'd rather have Elvis.

I like that Elway is complaining that Dumervil's contract is "out of whack", as though the Broncos organization didn't sign it (I know Elway wasn't an executive yet but still).
Bubbles
3/15/13 4:08:40PM
Tony Gonzalez is coming back for another year
papercut
3/15/13 6:16:40PM
My bolts are keeping ronnie brown and have signed danny woodhead to a 2 year deal. I'm looking forward to seeing what he'll be able tp do in our offense.
Bubbles
3/15/13 6:31:17PM
Donald Jones to the Patriots. He'll replace Welker just fine

Losing their most diverse RB too? Miami is going to win the division at this rate
kopower
3/15/13 7:40:42PM
Greg Jennings signed a 5 year deal with the Vikes
cowcatcher
3/15/13 8:09:50PM

Posted by kopower

One team's trash is another team's treasure.

You guys needed him, should be interesting when he comes to GB next season.
mkiv9secsupra
3/16/13 8:41:12AM

Posted by kopower

.......Sooooooooooooooo, when are they getting a QB?
kopower
3/16/13 9:18:23AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kopower

Maybe you haven't heard of our other big acquisition, goes by the name of Matt Casell...........
Kpro
3/16/13 1:37:58PM
Now if the Hawks could just get Avril and Bennett to shore up the pass rush....
mkiv9secsupra
3/16/13 4:07:10PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by kopower

Maybe you haven't heard of our other big acquisition, goes by the name of Matt Casell...........

tbh, he gives the vikings MUCH more chance to win than Ponder. the offense is still way too easy to gameplan against tho. double Jennings and devote everyone else to Peterson.

Kpro
3/17/13 6:01:40PM
Thoughts on more possible changes to the increasingly more accurately dubbed No Fun League?

The new rule would penalize a runner 15-yards if he initiates contact with the crown of his helmet outside of the tackle box. Incidental contact with the crown of the helmet would not be a penalty.

"The proposed rule change for running backs might be the most absurd suggestion of a rule change I've ever heard of," Forte wrote. "In order to lower ur shoulder u obviously have to lower ur head. It's a way of protecting ur self from a tackler and a way to break tackles." -Matt Forte

mkiv9secsupra
3/17/13 10:59:06PM
Im happy the way the sport is headed. ive always been a huge fan of flag football

i cant think of an incident in which a ball carrier has caused an injury that has had long term effects from using the crown of his helmet. im betting the list of serious injuries caused by this are extremely minimal. Modifying cut blocks would make things much healthier, not changing this rule.
airkerma
3/18/13 9:25:25AM
Maybe certain players should stop trying to sue the nfl for not explicitly saying being hit on the head is bad. If this lawsuit wasn't around we wouldn't see all these changes, or at least not quite as dramatic, and probably wouldn't have seen bountygate either.
Kpro
3/18/13 5:43:16PM
I'm not sure why there are Doug Baldwin to Indy rumors. He's Seattle's #4 receiver, able to step in, in case Rice/Harvin/Tate were to go down (and it isn't likely they all play every game), and Baldwin is only making a half mil a year, one year removed from leading the team in receptions, yardage, and maybe receiving TD's too, can't remember.

Why there are rumors that Indy may get him for a 6th/7th round pick seem illogical. We would have no one good enough to step into the 4th WR spot as we've just informed our #5 (Ben Obomanu) that he's going to be cut. Baldwin is cost-effective, and you won't find a currrent-level Baldwin in the 7th round. "Andrew Luck had Baldwin as a receiver at Stanford" is the basis for the rumor. Tell your Indy sports-writers to cool their jets on these dream trades Fleek.
Kpro
3/18/13 7:34:41PM
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell calls it "unacceptable" to ask a college player at the scouting combine any questions about his sexual orientation.

Several players indicated they were asked such questions, and the New York attorney general has urged the NFL to investigate. Goodell says the league will make clear to the team at this week's owners meetings "what they can ask and what they can't."

LINK

Some Penn State coaches get promoted into scouting roles for NFL teams?
airkerma
3/21/13 10:12:08AM
Urlacher to leave the Bears???? What's next, Jeter to the Sox?
link
kopower
4/4/13 5:05:43PM
Draft is sneaking up. The Vikes have the 23rd and 25th pick. Hoping they grab a receiver, and either a db or lb.

Also, Lions kicker Jason Hanson retired today. I don't know his stats off hand, but I'm sure he should be in the HOF. A 21 year career is a hell of an accomplishment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3