2012 NHL Entry Draft

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2012 NHL Entry Draft
Gogoplatapus
6/22/12 2:41:44PM
I think there are a bunch of hockey fans out around. Should be an interesting night. Looks like my squad has a new top 6 forward.

I think some big trades could go down. Nash, Luongo, Staal, Yandle...
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
FlashyG
6/22/12 3:50:49PM
Should be another good night for Oilers fans but they better start winning soon or these first overall picks will be ending their entry level deals and wanting significant raises.

If I were them I'd be looking to trade down a few spots while picking up a veteran Defenceman since they are already pretty stocked at forward and don't really need a Yakupov.

As amazing as it seems though, no NHL teams contact me for my opinion.
Bubbles
6/22/12 5:43:45PM
they should trade it to the Leafs for Gardiner, the #5 pick, this years 2nd round pick and next years 1st round pick
FlashyG
6/22/12 8:30:25PM

Posted by Bubbles

they should trade it to the Leafs for Gardiner, the #5 pick, this years 2nd round pick and next years 1st round pick

If the Leafs gave up that package to move up 4 picks, Burke would be fired.

Then possibly executed.

Gardiner and the #5 alone would be the max I would offer
postman
6/22/12 9:38:49PM
Just saw the move the Pens made. They got a whole lot more then anyone was talking about here in Pittsburgh. Going to Miss Staal but seems like a nice deal as I think it was Carolina or bust for him.
Gogoplatapus
6/22/12 10:03:46PM
Ya they have three of them now. (Staals) but only two Sutters left.
Bubbles
6/25/12 8:47:32PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Marc Staal is still a Ranger
BuffaloDave
6/26/12 8:56:52AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

I think there are a bunch of hockey fans out around. Should be an interesting night. Looks like my squad has a new top 6 forward.

Oilers just need a goalie to play solid ALL year, and this team is really dangerous.

I was happy with the Sabres draft, they addressed size issuses the team needed (at least for the future), Their picks are also great trade bait for a package deal if/when they look to move Roy, or aquire a certain Devils player rights.
Hendo67
6/26/12 11:48:53AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Jared Staal
Eric Staal
Jordan Staal

Only one Staal left and it's Mark!
Bubbles
6/26/12 5:12:26PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Jared Staal
Eric Staal
Jordan Staal

Only one Staal left and it's Mark!

didn't know they drafted the youngest Staal. Marc aint leaving New York any time soon though
Bubbles
6/26/12 5:14:53PM

Posted by BuffaloDave
Oilers just need a goalie to play solid ALL year, and this team is really dangerous.

I was happy with the Sabres draft, they addressed size issuses the team needed (at least for the future), Their picks are also great trade bait for a package deal if/when they look to move Roy, or aquire a certain Devils player rights.

I know it's uncommon to trade within their division, but why not make a run at Luongo? Edmonton also needs someone on defense, they pretty much dont have anybody

Buffalo had the big young guy but they traded him to Vancouver. I still dont know what to think about that trade from both sides
BuffaloDave
6/26/12 6:01:20PM

Posted by Bubbles

I know it's uncommon to trade within their division, but why not make a run at Luongo? Edmonton also needs someone on defense, they pretty much dont have anybody

Buffalo had the big young guy but they traded him to Vancouver. I still dont know what to think about that trade from both sides

If Roberto didn't want to play for Leafs or even better the Blackhawks doubt he want to go to Edmonton.

That trade worked good for both teams, although I think the Sabres benefited more since the swap of D-men, worked better to Buffalo's advantage, Sulzer came in and was probably our 2nd best D guy after he injuries, played like it too.

Hodgson play definitely dipped since the trade, but Ruff's system is hard to learn according to what most people say.

Kassian pretty much played the same way since the trade, but they needed him more for size than scoring ability.

Both guys are still very young, it will take this season to really show, how that trade panned out.
Bubbles
6/26/12 7:41:54PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

If Roberto didn't want to play for Leafs or even better the Blackhawks doubt he want to go to Edmonton.

That trade worked good for both teams, although I think the Sabres benefited more since the swap of D-men, worked better to Buffalo's advantage, Sulzer came in and was probably our 2nd best D guy after he injuries, played like it too.

Hodgson play definitely dipped since the trade, but Ruff's system is hard to learn according to what most people say.

Kassian pretty much played the same way since the trade, but they needed him more for size than scoring ability.

Both guys are still very young, it will take this season to really show, how that trade panned out.

Roberto would get eaten alive in Chicago, no one likes him there. And tbh, I wouldn't want to play for the Leafs either. I know Lu can say no but Edmonton has the pieces and cap room to take him on, so the business side it works. Plus I want to see Edmonton win games again.

I'll give that trade another year or two before making an informed thought on it. Buffalo probably got the better players but Vancouver may have gotten the right players for their system...only time will tell