2012 NBA free agency thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2012 NBA free agency thread
« Previous Page
Budgellism
7/18/12 5:59:59PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Grant Hill to Clippers, surprised by that one, thought for sure he was going to the other L.A team. Read Clips have a coach he was close with on the Suns.

Lakers just signed Antawn Jamison, really good move by L.A.. I was shocked he wasn't traded at last years trade deadline.

Both very solid additions imo.
Shawn91111
7/18/12 6:10:41PM
Hill has been one of my favorite players for 20 years. A shame what happened to his career.
kopower
7/18/12 11:22:16PM
Portland matches offer on Batum. He'll stay a blazer.
BuffaloDave
7/23/12 3:02:31PM
Bulls signed Hinrich, close to signing Nazr Mohammed, and close to trading for Marco Belinelli

Celtics complete sign in trade for Courtney Lee. That gives them two good guards to replace Allen, also while Bradley gets healthy from shoulder injuries.
BuffaloDave
7/25/12 8:12:10PM
Kirilenko is close to signing a 2yr 20M deal with the T-Wolves.
prophecy033
7/25/12 8:14:41PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Kirilenko is close to signing a 2yr 20M deal with the T-Wolves.

WAY too much
Budgellism
7/25/12 8:31:35PM
T-Wolves are going to be very interesting this year.
kopower
7/25/12 10:49:58PM

Posted by Budgellism

Don't know what to think about this. I would have loved him 5 years ago or so. We are wasting all our money on question marks, and Rubio may not get back to form this year. I agree, should be very interesting how things play out.
prophecy033
7/25/12 10:51:41PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Budgellism

Don't know what to think about this. I would have loved him 5 years ago or so. We are wasting all our money on question marks, and Rubio may not get back to form this year. I agree, should be very interesting how things play out.

I would have felt better about it at 2/$14m
BuffaloDave
7/27/12 4:00:04PM

The trade sends Lopez and Hakim Warrick from Phoenix to New Orleans; Wesley Johnson, Brad Miller’s expiring contract and plus a lottery-protected first-round draft pick goes to the Suns; and the Timberwolves get Jerome Dyson and two future second-round draft picks from New Orleans. That creates enough cap space for Minnesota to sign Andrei Kirilenko to a two-year, $20 million contract. That is done now as well.

Weird, because I thought Brad Miller announced his retirement like a month or two before the season ended. I mean if a team is willing to pay him his millions for sitting on a bench, then why the hell not, postpone it for another year.

The move also makes N.O. a pretty solid young team, definitely can see this team possibly squeaking into the playoffs within a year or two.
Poor_Franklin
8/10/12 5:09:07AM
shit just got real interesting

ESPN: Sources say Howard to Lakers

edit:
part of the 4 team deal w/ 76ers, Nuggets & Lakers

and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the three teams.

if im a Magic fan, i like the draft picks a lot!!!!!!
george112
8/10/12 6:33:34AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

shit just got real interesting

ESPN: Sources say Howard to Lakers

edit:
part of the 4 team deal w/ 76ers, Nuggets & Lakers

and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the three teams.

if im a Magic fan, i like the draft picks a lot!!!!!!

saw this about 30 minutes ago. All I can say is wow. Rockets really fucked themselves
cowcatcher
8/10/12 11:45:26AM
I'm just glad it's over now and we don't have to hear about it constantly on ESPN.
BuffaloDave
8/10/12 12:35:28PM
I think the Howard trade was good for all the teams involved. I'd guess Denver will probably try and trade Wilson Chandler now they have Iggy.
prophecy033
8/10/12 12:39:06PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I think the Howard trade was good for all the teams involved. I'd guess Denver will probably try and trade Wilson Chandler now they have Iggy.

Id play Iggy at SG and leave Chandler at SF
BuffaloDave
8/10/12 2:26:54PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by BuffaloDave

Id play Iggy at SG and leave Chandler at SF

Yeah, that would definitely work.
Budgellism
8/10/12 4:17:31PM
Philly did pretty well with this. I like this trade for all teams tbh, I just dislike the Lakers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]