2012 NBA free agency thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2012 NBA free agency thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Bubbles
7/5/12 7:09:46PM

Posted by ChrisSabal
what I am saying is DeRozan shouldn't sit on the bench while a rookie plays above him.

Also you guys apparently traded for Kyle Lowry and I think that is a great move by the Raptors. Yeah Nash would have been great but Kyle Lowry is a very underrated PG.

I know what you are saying with Johnson because it is much like the Thabo approach that the Thunder use. But the Thunder also have the best bench player in the league with James Harden. Like I said before I don't think they should worry about SG(Even though Fields, Ross, and DeRozan all could play SF) when their SF is so weak.

I can agree with not starting a rookie over DeRozan, but on a contending team he is a 6th man.

I like the sounds of Lowry, but man Calderon gets zero love in this city. I hope he goes somewhere and lights shit up. Best A/T ratio in the league (which is super rare from a PG), and can take control of a game if needed. Shoots with good %s too. Lowry fits this team better than Nash, but he needs to be more of a passer. 6 apg is pretty pedestrian for a starting PG.

Toronto should trade Calderon + the next 2 first rounders for Howard and move Bargnani to SF...problem solved
Budgellism
7/5/12 7:42:34PM
I'm pumped we got Lowry.

My dad just told me we're in pursuits of getting Andre Iguodala too. In a trade involving DeRozan and Calderon. Not sure how true that is but it could be pretty interesting.
george112
7/5/12 7:44:42PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm pumped we got Lowry.

My dad just told me we're in pursuits of getting Andre Iguodala too. In a trade involving DeRozan and Calderon. Not sure how true that is but it could be pretty interesting.

Lowry is a damn good player. It's a shame we lost him

Bubbles
7/5/12 7:48:35PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm pumped we got Lowry.

I have heard about the trade talk for Iggy and Gay, but those were before the draft. I haven't heard much else about either since. I'd love to have AI on the Raptors, but I would hate to have to watch Calderon give us a big "fuck you" 4x a year (or is it 6?)

I'd love to see him in a Mavericks uniform though. Dallas has gotten "surprised" by the last couple days worth of PG signings. Nash to LA, Deron to Brooklyn, Kidd to NY (still pissed), and Terry to Boston. Calderon is an expendable piece now and I can see him and Dirk playing very well together
Bubbles
7/5/12 7:50:24PM

Posted by george112

from what I understand, Dragic was Colangelo's main target from Houston but Lowry was more expendable after he publicly said he doesn't like the coach/his strategy. I am excited to see what Lowry can do here
george112
7/5/12 7:57:15PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

from what I understand, Dragic was Colangelo's main target from Houston but Lowry was more expendable after he publicly said he doesn't like the coach/his strategy. I am excited to see what Lowry can do here

Lowry is a tough player that can get to the line pretty much anytime. He isn't scared to go to the basket and is also a pretty damn good defender.

The rockets have really been pissing me off lately. Dragic and Lowry are now gone. So all we have is a D-league point guard and an undrafted backup.

Seriously who could blame Dwight for not wanting to come to Houston.
Bubbles
7/5/12 8:02:05PM

Posted by george112
Lowry is a tough player that can get to the line pretty much anytime. He isn't scared to go to the basket and is also a pretty damn good defender.

The rockets have really been pissing me off lately. Dragic and Lowry are now gone. So all we have is a D-league point guard and an undrafted backup.

Lowry fits the Dwayne Casey model just fine

I didn't know Dragic was a FA, man that sucks. I am going to draft Scola in the 2nd round of my fantasy league because he is all that they have left and he will get 25/12 every night lol
george112
7/5/12 8:09:11PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

Lowry fits the Dwayne Casey model just fine

I didn't know Dragic was a FA, man that sucks. I am going to draft Scola in the 2nd round of my fantasy league because he is all that they have left and he will get 25/12 every night lol

Yeah Dragic is going back to the Suns 4 year deal.

Haha yeah Scola is all we have now. He puts up damn good numbers every night.

I'm surprised he doesn't want out
Budgellism
7/5/12 10:01:01PM
It's official, Jeremy Lin signs with Houston. At least you guys have a point guard now. Hopefully he isn't all hype.
george112
7/5/12 10:25:49PM

Posted by Budgellism

It's official, Jeremy Lin signs with Houston. At least you guys have a point guard now. Hopefully he isn't all hype.

True.

But I think rather the rockets made a push hoping to still cash in on linsanity. They know Houston is easily whoad. Houston fans will be more then happy touting that they have the Jeremy Lin

Hopefully he can put up some good numbers. Scola can't do it all
BuffaloDave
7/5/12 10:27:13PM

Posted by Budgellism

Knicks still have 3 days to match, which is over like 6M they can afford for him.
Shawn91111
7/5/12 10:37:59PM
Knicks will match the offer from Houston and Lin will be back in NY
BuffaloDave
7/5/12 11:21:21PM
Brandon Roy to the T-Wolves 2yrs/10M
prophecy033
7/6/12 12:14:12AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Brandon Roy to the T-Wolves 2yrs/10M

For him making it back That its not with us
prophecy033
7/6/12 12:15:53AM
Spencer Hawes 2yr/$13 mil with 76ers
Budgellism
7/6/12 12:39:13AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Budgellism

Knicks still have 3 days to match, which is over like 6M they can afford for him.

That's true.
jakewalters
7/6/12 1:14:12AM
Rockets acquired a lot of Asian fans with Yao. Glad to see they're keeping them happy.
BuffaloDave
7/6/12 4:15:58PM
Nick Young 1yr/6M with Philly

Philly used the amnesty on Elton Brand

Hasheem Thabeet 1yr deal with OKC.

Bubbles
7/6/12 5:50:10PM
glad to see Roy back. I enjoy watching him play...the once a year a Portland game is shown here
Budgellism
7/6/12 5:53:08PM

Posted by Bubbles

the once a year a Portland game is shown here

Lol, so true
kopower
7/6/12 6:13:40PM
We'll see how Roy's knee's hold up. Sounds like the wolves want to limit his play to around 20 minutes a game. Sounds like Batum wants to come here as well. Don't remember watching him play this year. Sounds like he's a pretty decent young guy with room for improvement.
Budgellism
7/6/12 6:33:16PM

Posted by kopower

We'll see how Roy's knee's hold up. Sounds like the wolves want to limit his play to around 20 minutes a game. Sounds like Batum wants to come here as well. Don't remember watching him play this year. Sounds like he's a pretty decent young guy with room for improvement.

I really like the moves the Wolves are making so far. If they can have Love, Rubio, Roy and Batum stay healthy all year they can definitely be a playoff team.
Budgellism
7/6/12 11:22:27PM
Looks like Portland don't want to let Batum go. They're gonna match the offer.

Also, Philly is parting ways with Lou Williams and Elton Brand.

And finally, Ray Allen is going to become a member of the Miami Heat.
prophecy033
7/6/12 11:39:54PM

Posted by kopower

Don't believe what you here about Batum. This is his agents first big deal and he's floating rumours to drive up the price. Batum never said he wanted to leave and not just that, the Wolves don't have enough money to get Roy and Batum ($15.4 combined the 1st year). Word is that even if they release Webster and another guy I can't remember and amnesty Darko that they will still be $3.2 million over
prophecy033
7/6/12 11:43:37PM

Posted by Budgellism

Looks like Portland don't want to let Batum go. They're gonna match the offer.

Also, Philly is parting ways with Lou Williams and Elton Brand.

Portland is matching any offer and were not doing a sign and trade to help out the Wolves. They offered Webster and Williams but were not taking a castoff (webster) and a guy we don't know what his ceiling is. I've also heard that we have been offered Iguodala (spelling). I'd trade Batum for him. Andre's states are better across the board and he's more consistent
Poor_Franklin
7/7/12 9:06:57AM

Posted by Budgellism

Bubbles
7/9/12 11:35:50PM
Rockets deal Camby to NY for 3 players I have never heard of before (guard Toney Douglas, centers Josh Harrelson and Jerome Jordan) and two 2nd round picks

Bucks close to signing Ilyasova. He should move to SF with the glut of 4s and 5s they got right now. I'd love to see Toronto swoop in and steal him away

with Rose gone for probably half of next season, the Bulls bring back Hinrich. I have always been a fan of his and feel he is been undervalued throughout his career. He should put up big numbers again getting 30+ minutes this year

Magic sign and trade Anderson to Hornets for Ayon. Looks like Orlando is blowing things up...just waiting for Howard to go and Nelson to get amnestied or traded

it appears that Indiana will match the offer sheet on Hibbert. It still pisses me off that Toronto drafted him and then traded him for injury personified, aka Jermaine O'Neal. It made very little sense then and looking back, it made absolutely zero sense. Can you imagine what the 3 man rotation of Bosh/Bargnani/Hibbert could do?
george112
7/10/12 1:46:04AM

Posted by Bubbles

Rockets deal Camby to NY for 3 players I have never heard of before (guard Toney Douglas, centers Josh Harrelson and Jerome Jordan) and two 2nd round picks

Bucks close to signing Ilyasova. He should move to SF with the glut of 4s and 5s they got right now. I'd love to see Toronto swoop in and steal him away

with Rose gone for probably half of next season, the Bulls bring back Hinrich. I have always been a fan of his and feel he is been undervalued throughout his career. He should put up big numbers again getting 30+ minutes this year

Magic sign and trade Anderson to Hornets for Ayon. Looks like Orlando is blowing things up...just waiting for Howard to go and Nelson to get amnestied or traded

it appears that Indiana will match the offer sheet on Hibbert. It still pisses me off that Toronto drafted him and then traded him for injury personified, aka Jermaine O'Neal. It made very little sense then and looking back, it made absolutely zero sense. Can you imagine what the 3 man rotation of Bosh/Bargnani/Hibbert could do?

Damn rockets
BuffaloDave
7/10/12 11:05:09AM

Posted by Bubbles

Lol, Nelson re-signed a few days back.

Hornets are gonna be a lot better this year. A lot of their success will be determined on how healthy Eric Gordon can stay.
Poor_Franklin
7/11/12 7:56:38PM
The Nets say they are done attempting to acquire Howard. If Howard goes to the lakers, i'll be sick to my stomach.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5