MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2012-13 NBA Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Budgellism
1/9/13 12:06:20AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Lillard = Rookie of the Year

It's hard to argue against that. Davis has been solid too but he isn't making the same impact Lillard is.

Lillard = future MVP

Davis has been good but it's hard to make an impact on the current Hornets squad...they are just terrible (although somehow beat the Spurs the other night). Ryan Anderson is a stud though and they have a good PG in Vasquez who will be great with a little more seasoning and with better players.

Getting Gordon back recently doesn't hurt either.
Bubbles
1/9/13 12:27:27AM
I completely forgot about him. If NO ever got a good defensive C and added some veteran guys, they could be a borderline 8th seed next year (if everyone stays relatively healthy of course)

Starting 5:
PG Vasquez
SG Gordon
SF veteran guy
PF Davis
C new guy

Bench:
Rivers
Anderson
Lopez
1st round pick
3 veteran players
Malaussie
1/9/13 1:44:47AM

Posted by Bubbles

I completely forgot about him. If NO ever got a good defensive C and added some veteran guys, they could be a borderline 8th seed next year (if everyone stays relatively healthy of course)

Starting 5:
PG Vasquez
SG Gordon
SF veteran guy
PF Davis
C new guy

Bench:
Rivers
Anderson
Lopez
1st round pick
3 veteran players

If the Hornets could somehow trade for Gerald Wallace (If the Nets get fed up with his bad play and the Hornets could persuade them with Aminu and some future picks). Then sign Kaman in free agency I think they instantly become a playoff threat. I'm not saying this is going to happen, I just like tossing ideas out there.
Bubbles
1/10/13 1:02:46PM
RAPTORS WIN!!!! from 4-18 to 13-22, and are one of the hottest teams since Dec 10!! Just goes to show that playing 15 of your first 22 games on the road, mostly against the west severely handicapped this team. The funny thing is that they blew a double digit lead in the 4th quarter about 5x too...if only they could have held on to a couple of those they'd be in much better shape. It's nice to see Landry Fields playing well, especially on defense as an undersized 4.

The Seattle Supersonic Kings could be in place next season Kpro will have to come out of hiding for this. Hopefully the NHL follows suit and moves a team there
Bubbles
1/10/13 1:13:18PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112
Bargnani has been a huge disappointment for me. He was billed as being the next Dirk when he came into the league. Not even close.

that was because he was a 7 foot European who can shoot 3s. That was probably the weakest draft class in the last 15 years and he was the best talent available so they hyped him up. I don't understand his reluctance to rebound

He is not someone you can rely on every game but he is a great complimentary piece. When Bosh was here and Bargs was #2, he played really well. If he goes to another team, he will be really effective. If Bargs becomes a 6th or 7th man in his return with Davis and Valenciunas/Gray starting, he can be effective.

Sam Mitchell was on the Fan 590 last week (I just listed to it yesterday) and he said some interesting things about that time. First off, at the time of the draft Brandon Roy would have been their pick had he not his knee issues. So between Aldridge and Bargnani, they went with the guy with more talent. You have to look at this from the time of the draft...I'm sure if they knew about his allergies to rebounding they would have taken Aldridge instead.

Secondly, and something that really surprised me, was that management did not allow Mitchell to coach Bargs the way he wanted to. Management wanted them to coddle him while Mitchell wanted to be a little more hard him. Mitchell was able to drill into Jose Calderon and you have seen how great of a PG he is...maybe Bargnani needed that type of coaching. Jay Triano is not that kind of guy but when Dwayne Casey started to do that last season, Bargnani played at an all-star level before getting hurt.

Budge, or anyone else that wants to hear it, go to itunes and subscribe to Tim and Sid podcast. This interview was on Jan 2 at 2pm...do it in the next couple days before it gets wiped. He first talks about the Knicks and Lakers and such before diving into it
Bubbles
1/11/13 9:38:23AM
I'm kinda pissed I had to miss the last quarter and a half of the game last night...what a comeback by Portland! I wanted to lay a bit of money on them in the 2nd quarter when they were +500 underdogs but they were down like 15 to the Heat

Damn those west coast games
Budgellism
1/12/13 12:27:12AM
Two good things tonight. The Raptors continue their winning ways and the Lakers are getting blown out at home
airkerma
1/12/13 9:06:26AM

Posted by Budgellism

Two good things tonight. The Raptors continue their winning ways and the Lakers are getting blown out at home

42 for my Durant
Bubbles
1/12/13 11:13:33AM

Posted by Budgellism

Raptors 14-22
Lakers 15-21

I honestly hope Toronto finished 9th or 10th in the east and give Houston like a 12th overall pick since it is protected if the Raptors make the playoffs...sorry George
george112
1/12/13 11:23:37AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Raptors 14-22
Lakers 15-21

I honestly hope Toronto finished 9th or 10th in the east and give Houston like a 12th overall pick since it is protected if the Raptors make the playoffs...sorry George

haha no worries

The rockets are looking pretty decent these days. I was hesitant in trusting McHale at the beginning of the season but he's doing a damn good job imo
Budgellism
1/20/13 3:25:34PM
Raptors beat the Lakers
Bubbles
1/20/13 7:08:20PM

Posted by Budgellism

Raptors beat the Lakers

I bet Nash regrets turning down the Raptors offer
Poor_Franklin
1/20/13 8:28:43PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Raptors beat the Lakers

I bet Nash regrets turning down the Raptors offer

i was thinking the same thing when i saw the score
FlashyG
1/23/13 11:57:46PM
So the New Orleans Hornets are rebranding themselves "The Pelicans"

Opinions everyone....Is that now the worst named franchise in professional sports?
Budgellism
1/24/13 12:08:37AM

Posted by FlashyG

So the New Orleans Hornets are rebranding themselves "The Pelicans"

Opinions everyone....Is that now the worst named franchise in professional sports?

It's pretty lame to say the least.
Bubbles
1/24/13 12:23:12AM
incredibly lame, but apparently the pelican has some sort of significance to New Orleans
Bubbles
1/24/13 12:47:24AM
the Raptors had so many chances to beat the Heat tonight, but ultimately fell short because:

1) the refs love to call tacky fouls so Miami (or any other Raptors opponent) gets to the line while Toronto gets fucked at least 8 times every single night

2) Alan Anderson thinks he is the #1 option when he should be no higher than #3 at any given time. Absolutely no reason for him to lead the team in shots in a game, let alone overtime, when Lowry and DeRozan are on the floor. Even Davis or Calderon should have similar shot totals

Anderson went 7/18, 4/12 from 3. DeRozan was 5/10, Lowry 4/11, Calderon 6/9, Davis 5/8. Raptors are 1-3 in their last 4 games, all 3 loses came in overtime and Anderson led the team in shots.
Budgellism
1/24/13 12:51:58AM

Posted by Bubbles

the Raptors had so many chances to beat the Heat tonight, but ultimately fell short because:

1) the refs love to call tacky fouls so Miami (or any other Raptors opponent) gets to the line while Toronto gets fucked at least 8 times every single night

2) Alan Anderson thinks he is the #1 option when he should be no higher than #3 at any given time. Absolutely no reason for him to lead the team in shots in a game, let alone overtime, when Lowry and DeRozan are on the floor. Even Davis or Calderon should have similar shot totals

Anderson went 7/18, 4/12 from 3. DeRozan was 5/10, Lowry 4/11, Calderon 6/9, Davis 5/8. Raptors are 1-3 in their last 4 games, all 3 loses came in overtime and Anderson led the team in shots.

I was getting pretty pissed when he kept taking quick 3 pointers in Overtime. No need for that shit when you're playing Miami.
Bubbles
1/24/13 1:02:22AM

Posted by Budgellism

I was getting pretty pissed when he kept taking quick 3 pointers in Overtime. No need for that shit when you're playing Miami.

me too. As a career journeyman who was in and out of the NBA, you do not make yourself the #1 option. You do not take 7 shots in overtime. Alan Anderson = main reason for the loss

I actually went on twitter and brought this up with Eric Smith, Paul Jones, Matt Develin, and Tim Micallef Haven't tweeted since Dec 29 but now I have reason to I hope to hear from them tomorrow
Budgellism
1/25/13 11:10:55AM
All Star Reserves

EAST:
Chris Bosh, Heat
Tyson Chandler, Knicks
Luol Deng, Bulls
Paul George, Pacers
Jrue Holiday, Sixers
Kyrie Irving, Cavaliers
Joakim Noah, Bulls

WEST:
LaMarcus Aldridge, Trail Blazers
Tim Duncan, Spurs
James Harden, Rockets
David Lee, Warriors
Tony Parker, Spurs
Zach Randolph, Grizzlies
Russell Westbrook, Thunder

My initial thoughts are that Brook Lopez, Stephan Curry and Josh Smith should have been selected. I strongly disagree with Bosh making the team.
Bubbles
1/25/13 6:01:32PM
Stephen Curry is having a far better season than Tony Parker. I also don't like Bosh on the team, but Varajao is done for the year and the east lacks good C. I would assume Lopez is the starting C if they havent been announced yet
Budgellism
1/25/13 6:17:21PM

Posted by Bubbles

Stephen Curry is having a far better season than Tony Parker. I also don't like Bosh on the team, but Varajao is done for the year and the east lacks good C. I would assume Lopez is the starting C if they havent been announced yet

They were announced a while ago. He didn't make the team at all. Kevin Garnett of all people got voted in as the Center. Which is beyond bs.
Poor_Franklin
1/25/13 6:24:12PM
fans voting for all stars works as well as fans voting for FOTN awards
Budgellism
1/25/13 6:28:39PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

So true. It's all a popularity contest.
Bubbles
1/25/13 8:33:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Poor_Franklin

So true. It's all a popularity contest.

exactly. I think the MLB has it right where the fans vote the starters, but the best player(s) from each team gets a representative. There generally isn't a snub like there is in the NBA as almost everyone who is worthy of a spot gets in
Poor_Franklin
1/27/13 3:00:28PM
Everyone reporting Rondo tore his ACL & is done for the season.

Heartbreaker for Celtics fans & especially Rondo himself. Hope he has a successful recovery.
Bubbles
1/27/13 5:18:28PM
that's a huge blow, and yet they just beat Miami in double OT. Early reports say he is done for a year meaning he will miss at least 2 months of next season.
(Hey Colangelo, ask for a king's ransom for Calderon).

Kyrie Irving is a stud. That game winner last night was a great shot, although Alan Anderson might as well have been standing on the baseline. Yet another blown 4th quarter lead of at least 7 points with less than 5 min to go. That has to be at least the 12th time this year
Ordep
1/27/13 5:32:13PM

Huge hit for Shake and Blake, now BuffaloDave can beat me in AST
Bubbles
1/27/13 7:37:04PM
fucking Dave just stole REB, AST, A/T, and BLK from me What was an 8-2 lead turned into a potential 6-4 loss
Budgellism
1/27/13 8:29:25PM

Posted by Bubbles

fucking Dave just stole REB, AST, A/T, and BLK from me What was an 8-2 lead turned into a potential 6-4 loss

This happens to me a lot. It's like my guys perform well in the beginning of the week and then the majority of them fall apart near the end of the week.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14