2012-13 NBA Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 2012-13 NBA Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Budgellism
11/27/12 6:01:27PM

Posted by Bubbles

Hey George, my (and Budge's) Raptors are going to spank your Rockets tonight for 3.5 quarters, build an 11 point lead, and then go 1-15 to close the game and lose by 2

This is true sadly.
Bubbles
11/27/12 6:29:39PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by george112

The bobcats are a disgrace . Sorry charlotte but its true

They still have a winning record though, unlike the Rockets right now

george112
11/27/12 8:22:09PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by george112

The bobcats are a disgrace . Sorry charlotte but its true

They still have a winning record though, unlike the Rockets right now

Haha true.

We'll see who has the better record at the end of the season
george112
11/27/12 8:23:51PM

Posted by Bubbles

Hey George, my (and Budge's) Raptors are going to spank your Rockets tonight for 3.5 quarters, build an 11 point lead, and then go 1-15 to close the game and lose by 2

We shall see
Budgellism
11/27/12 9:34:21PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

This is true sadly.

That, or they'll completely dominate us.
Bubbles
11/27/12 11:31:26PM

Posted by Budgellism
That, or they'll completely dominate us.

Well if Lowry played like Lowry, Bargnani played better defense than a pylon, and Toronto didnt allow 30 points off turnovers (or something like that) they had a chance. When Jeremy Lin shoots 7/9, you know your defense sucked. Not enough minutes for Calderon or Amir, but I guess with Ross playing well he had to eat those minutes. They need to bench McGuire, he really does nothing but take up minutes from better, more impact players

on the plus side my fantasy teams enjoyed the output from Harden, Asik and Parsons
Poor_Franklin
11/28/12 4:08:23AM
i picked up Asik yesterday. We're getting along great so far!
george112
11/28/12 6:20:03AM
on all the haters

Poor_Franklin
11/28/12 5:13:22PM
joey crawford got pretty excited last night in LA

cowcatcher
11/28/12 5:15:59PM
Crawford reminds me of Dick Bevetta and Dick Bevetta reminds me of this:

That was magical...
BuffaloDave
11/28/12 5:16:25PM
Looked like he was about to start leading a marching band.
BuffaloDave
11/28/12 9:26:49PM
WIZARDS WIN, WIZARDS WIN, WIZARDS WIN

I really thought they were gonna at least get a little closer to the Nets record.
Bubbles
11/28/12 11:45:07PM
how bout that brawl in Boston? You mess with KG, you gotta go through Rondo first
Budgellism
11/29/12 9:57:01PM
It's kind of strange to see the Spurs without Duncan, Parker and Ginobili going neck and neck with the Heat right now.
Shawn91111
11/29/12 10:08:34PM

Posted by Bubbles

how bout that brawl in Boston? You mess with KG, you gotta go through Rondo first

Pretty funny that Rondo calling Kris H. a dirty player for the shot on KG, as KG is known as the dirtiest player in the league for many years.

KG got what had been coming to him for years.
george112
11/29/12 10:29:40PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Bubbles

Pretty funny that Rondo calling Kris H. a dirty player for the shot on KG, as KG is known as the dirtiest player in the league for many years.

KG got what had been coming to him for years.

This is truth.KG throws elbows like no other
Bubbles
11/29/12 11:03:10PM

Posted by Budgellism

It's kind of strange to see the Spurs without Duncan, Parker and Ginobili going neck and neck with the Heat right now.

god damn it. Why did they blow the lead that late in the game? Even though I can't stand either team, I would have loved to see Miami lose to the depleted Spurs
Budgellism
11/29/12 11:14:36PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

god damn it. Why did they blow the lead that late in the game? Even though I can't stand either team, I would have loved to see Miami lose to the depleted Spurs

I know, eh. I was hoping they wouldn't pull a Raptors but when it's a close game and you're going against Lebron and Wade without your best players, you're in trouble. The Spurs are going to be punished for resting their starters. I think that's bullshit personally.
Bubbles
11/29/12 11:38:47PM

Posted by Budgellism
I know, eh. I was hoping they wouldn't pull a Raptors but when it's a close game and you're going against Lebron and Wade without your best players, you're in trouble. The Spurs are going to be punished for resting their starters. I think that's bullshit personally.

I don't. Resting them is one thing (by giving them limited minutes). Not having them travel with the team when healthy is another. People paid premium prices for tickets to this game, and they get shafted. Imagine paying premium $ to see the Lakers in town but Kobe, Nash and Howard all stay back in LA...wouldn't you be pissed? That's what this punishment is about (I think anyways).
Bubbles
11/29/12 11:59:40PM
Mickael Pietrus signs with Toronto

Finally a capable SF who is a decent defender
Budgellism
11/30/12 12:01:38AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

I don't. Resting them is one thing (by giving them limited minutes). Not having them travel with the team when healthy is another. People paid premium prices for tickets to this game, and they get shafted. Imagine paying premium $ to see the Lakers in town but Kobe, Nash and Howard all stay back in LA...wouldn't you be pissed? That's what this punishment is about (I think anyways).

I can see it from that point of view, yeah. I'd be happy if they all stayed in LA though. I'm not fond of either player and we could use all the help we can get

But in all seriousness, Miami fans get to see three of the best players in the league every home game and the Spurs are deep enough to be competitive with any team without their starters. They were treated to a good, competitive game as well.

There's also no rule against doing this and Greg Popovich is a very smart coach who knows what is best for his team.

When fans buy a ticket there is no guarantee that every player will play. I'm watching the TNT halftime show for the Warriors/Nuggets game and Kenny brings up a good point. Teams do this at the end of the season, why can't he do this at the end of a road trip when they're facing the best team in the nba right now in their next game?

I see both sides of the argument but I say boo hoo to Miami fans. Maybe I'm just bitter but I don't think the team or Popovich deserves a fine.
Budgellism
11/30/12 12:02:31AM

Posted by Bubbles

Mickael Pietrus signs with Toronto

Finally a capable SF who is a decent defender

Nice! I think he'll fit in well
Shawn91111
11/30/12 9:16:02AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Its not something new, Pop has always when resting Manu, and especially Duncan had them not travel with the team.
Shawn91111
11/30/12 9:17:21AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

I can see it from that point of view, yeah. I'd be happy if they all stayed in LA though. I'm not fond of either player and we could use all the help we can get

But in all seriousness, Miami fans get to see three of the best players in the league every home game and the Spurs are deep enough to be competitive with any team without their starters. They were treated to a good, competitive game as well.

There's also no rule against doing this and Greg Popovich is a very smart coach who knows what is best for his team.

When fans buy a ticket there is no guarantee that every player will play. I'm watching the TNT halftime show for the Warriors/Nuggets game and Kenny brings up a good point. Teams do this at the end of the season, why can't he do this at the end of a road trip when they're facing the best team in the nba right now in their next game?

I see both sides of the argument but I say boo hoo to Miami fans. Maybe I'm just bitter but I don't think the team or Popovich deserves a fine.

Maybe I misread you but, you're not fond of Tim Duncan?
Budgellism
11/30/12 9:40:32AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Maybe I misread you but, you're not fond of Tim Duncan?

You misread. He compared it to the Lakers coming to Toronto and I'm not a fan of Howard, Bryant or Nash.

I like the Spurs a lot to be honest. Parker and Duncan are great to watch.
Poor_Franklin
11/30/12 10:35:03AM
I would love to see what Stern would do to the Spurs if they had won the game
Bubbles
11/30/12 11:02:04AM

Posted by Budgellism
You misread. He compared it to the Lakers coming to Toronto and I'm not a fan of Howard, Bryant or Nash.

I like the Spurs a lot to be honest. Parker and Duncan are great to watch.

I love Howard as a player but I'm also not a Nash (never have been) or Kobe fan. Unlike you, I hate San Antonio. It probably started around 2002-03 season, if not before
BuffaloDave
11/30/12 9:31:50PM
That 250k Stern imposed on the Spurs is garbage. It's not like the fans got cheated, they still watched a good basketball game. Had it been a game like what the Thunder did to the Bobcats last week, then maybe I can see some arguments.

Budgellism
11/30/12 10:13:09PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

That 250k Stern imposed on the Spurs is garbage. It's not like the fans got cheated, they still watched a good basketball game. Had it been a game like what the Thunder did to the Bobcats last week, then maybe I can see some arguments.

I completely agree. I'm sick of Stern. Retire already.
Bubbles
12/1/12 10:07:12AM
RAPTORS WIN
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14